What's new

Indian drone development, procurement , news and updates .

Cant see a missile approaching the car seems like bomb was planted in car and its recorded from drone
UOTE="RepublicOk, post: 8825590, member: 167844"]Any update on India's quest for the Avenger drone from the US?

Don't think there's any way America sells India armed drones...Idk if it's

Type this in youtube: "IDF Pinpoint Strike on Ahmed Jabari, Head of Hamas Military Wing" and click on the 10 second video posted by IDF's official account. I'm not gonna post the link because I'm a new user and not sure whether the video violates community guidelines or not.[/QUOTE]

Cant see a missile approaching the car seems like bomb was planted in car and its recorded from drone

Don't think there's any way America sells India armed drones...Idk if it's

Type this in youtube: "IDF Pinpoint Strike on Ahmed Jabari, Head of Hamas Military Wing" and click on the 10 second video posted by IDF's official account. I'm not gonna post the link because I'm a new user and not sure whether the video violates community guidelines or not.
[/QUOTE]

As far as I remember (I was following the IDF on twitter during the conflict for updates), their tweet said it was a drone strike.

India-US Defense Deal: Predator Drone Aircraft Project Hastened, Report Says

http://www.ibtimes.com/india-us-def...aircraft-project-hastened-report-says-2426572

India tries to hasten Predator drone deal with US amid election uncertainty
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...election-uncertainty/articleshow/54693162.cms

That would be awesome, but I honestly don't think the US would sell armed drones to anybody for a few years yet.

Its not a problem that its not showing the missile as it will give an idea about the type of missile :) ...I like the secrecy of Israili weapons

As far as I remember (I was following the IDF on twitter during the conflict for updates), their tweet said it was a drone strike.[/QUOTE]

Adani & Israel's Elbit form JV for unmanned aerial vehicles

The JV,in which Adani group will own 51% stake with remaining stake held by the Israeli firm, aims to manufacture unmanned aerial vehicles in India
BS B2B Bureau | Mumbai November 8, 2016 Last Updated at 15:48 IST

Adani Enterprises Ltd and Israel's Elbit Systems India Ltd have formed a joint venture company, Adani-ElbitAdvanced Systems India Ltd (AEASIL), to manufacture unmanned aerial vehicles in India. While Adani group will own 51 percent stake in the JV, Israeli firm will hold the remaining stake.

The formation of the JV follows the statement of intent signed by Adani Aero Defence Systems & Technologies Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Adani Enterprises, with Elbit-ISTAR and Alpha Design Technologies in March this year to work together in the field of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) in India.

Unmanned aircraft systems are considered to be the next frontier of technology providing multi-functional capability especially that of see and hear to provide information advantage to the fighters and net security providers.

Elbit Systems Ltd is an international high technology company engaged in a wide range of defence, homeland security and commercial programmes throughout the world. The Israel-based company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the area of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and unmanned aircraft systems.
http://www.business-standard.com/co...-unmanned-aerial-vehicles-116110800721_1.html

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...ehicle-successfully-tested/article9353107.ece

Rustom-2, the indigenously developed unmanned aerial vehicle, was successfully flight tested on Wednesday morning.

For the past few months, the drone in the MALE ( medium altitude long endurance) category was undergoing tests at the DRDO’s new campus at Challakere in Chitradurga, about 200 km from here, a source said.

DRDO Chairman S. Christopher reviewed the flights at the site on Monday with other officials.

Rustom2 or R2 is being developed by the Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) here.

15111067_609158615930541_3973459526717764954_o.jpg

15068987_609158619263874_8651841490834980555_o.jpg

15068987_609158619263874_8651841490834980555_o.jpg

15039730_609158645930538_7956466671777965072_o.jpg

Excellent work by DRDO.
Is it combat ready? We are anyways getting the Drones from US right?

Why rang only 250 km . when it can fly for 30 hr speed about 300-500 km/hr. Can it will be increased?

Probably it referrs to the range in a missions, when the drone is being menaged only from ground station, and not by satellite or predetermined fligh path

DRDO decides to produce 10 unmanned aircraft like Rustom-II

Close on the heels of Rustom-II, India’s indigenously developed long-endurance combat-capable drone successfully completing its maiden-flight, DRDO on Sunday decided to produce 10 such unmanned aircraft for induction into the Indian armed forces in the future.

“We have decided to produce 10 pilot less or unmanned aircraft like Rustom-II, aimed at giving a boost to India’s development programme for UAV,” DRDO Director S Christopher told reporters in Bengaluru. He said, “Young DRDO engineers would work hard to make it successful. It would, at least, take one year to do it. We will also seek to get an order from Indian armed forces.”

Christopher said development of nine prototypes of the advanced Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) would be done after the successful flight of the first such drone. “The first flight will be followed by development of nine more prototypes of the advanced UAV for testing, after which the certification process will start,” he said. Christopher clarified that TAPAS-BH-201 (Tactical Advanced Platform for Aerial Surveillance-Beyond Horizon-201) will be in a non-combat role.

“Media reports are incorrect. Tapas is an UAV and not UCAV,” he said. He exuded confidence in going forward with the indigenous UAV on the lines of LCA Tajas which had proved its ability and is ready to be deployed in the armed forces, both in Air Force and Navy. On the test flight of Rustom-2, rechristened as Tapas 201, Christopher said the UAV had met the initial expectations and the Rs 1,500 crore programme was on line.

On updates on indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas which is now inducted into armed forces, he said DRDO desires to take the total orders to 123 after meeting the placement of an additional 83 aircraft for the Indian Air Force (IAF). The 83 aircraft will see improvements made in avionics and weaponry capability and this include the next version of LCA Mk2.

While the first 20 LCAs for IAF will go as per the initial operational configuration, all efforts are being made to incorporate other changes mandated for the final operational clearance for the second 20 aircraft.

DRDO is in talks with private firm Snecma, which is ready to help Kaveri programme revive under the offset clause, company Director General (Aero), C P Ramnarayanan said, adding funds to the extent of Rs 2,105 crore has already been spent on this aero engine programme but with little success. The latest plan to revive it with Snecma’s help will see another Rs 500 crore or more being spent.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...-10-unmanned-aircraft-like-rustom-ii-4386000/

Back
Top Bottom