What's new

Indian deputy consul general arrested in US on visa fraud charges

I direct you to this article on how South Asian Women act as gate keepers to the patriarchal system and how they assist in keeping their women under their heel.

The women who violently perpetuate oppressive cultural practices | Pryia Shetty | Comment is free | theguardian.com

here is a quote

"More likely, it is that the foundation on which these societies and cultures are constructed rely on women being entirely submissive to the needs of men. By whichever means women are diminished – being denied education, being forced to cover up from head to toe, or by being pushed at 12 or 13 into marriages to men three times their age — they are forced to be the weaker sex. Empower these women, many worry, and like a twisted game of giant Jenga, everything will collapse.

In countries where civil conflict and war is common, women also tend, by default, to be the protectors of culture – if for no other reason than they are more likely to be around when their men are injured or killed in conflict. In many developing nations, children are raised almost entirely by women, often collectively. Women, then, are the ones who pass down tradition through folk stories, and oversee how girls are dressed and behave. Perhaps this great need to ensure the continuity of tradition from one generation to another explains why they are willing to tyrannise their own sex
."

Well said!

This, coming from a woman, explains why our Women face such hardships in our society. SHAME ON YOU FOR SIDING WITH SUCH INSENSITIVE PEOPLE. So what if he's your countryman, are all Pakistanis good towards their women???

ahhh well here you become sudden supporter of women.

Your frustrated rant was equally shameful generalising my entire nation so better be prepared to get the similar response.

Open your eyes and read again. I already said Subcontinentis i.e both Indians and Pakistanis are NOT at respecting women.

Do you have problems understanding Basic English ? Go read my and @adwityagrata previous posts and provide a sensible reply rather than talking nonsense . Anyone justifying a forced cavity search of a women should not have been born at all ....

A strip search is NOT A RAPE according to U.S law, when done in a proper procedure by a proper authority . Once they arrested deviyani, they were within their rights to do so....i agree that it was in bad spirit and due respect had to be shown to a diplomat but still they had the right to do a cavity search.Again MEA is not syaing its a rape, U.S LAW does not state it a as rape,so am i justifying an accusation which has neither come from deviyani lawyer nor from MEA, but from a random ignorant blogger.

Hi guys, we should have a further foresight and stop losing focus. This issue is most likely not about USA deliberately targeting India. In recent years, the human right abuses by USA government against her citizen is so bad that probably, a lot woman detainee underwent cavity search on petty crime.

So the strip search to which the deputy Indian consul in New York was subjected was just business as usual in the United States. She is not accused of carrying a weapon or being violent, but rather of underpaying her hired help. That charge is not frivolous, but it wouldn’t obviously call for a search in her internal organs.

Not only does the US have an enormous number of people in jail but they subject arrestees (people not convicted of a crime) to routine strip and cavity searches. Women are often forced to be naked in front of the other inmates and to spread their labia for a policewoman.

We need to have a watchful eyes on our governments and elites.

A strip search is NOT A RAPE according to U.S law, when done in a proper procedure by a proper authority . Once they arrested deviyani, they were within their rights to do so....i agree that it was in bad spirit and due respect had to be shown to a diplomat but still they had the right to do a cavity search.Again MEA is not syaing its a rape, U.S LAW does not state it a as rape,so am i justifying an accusation which has neither come from deviyani lawyer nor from MEA, but from a random ignorant blogger.

IT IS NOT PROCEDURE EVEN ACCORDING TO US LAW

Your frustrated rant was equally shameful generalising my entire nation so better be prepared to get the similar response.

Open your eyes and read again. I already said Subcontinentis i.e both Indians and Pakistanis are NOT at respecting women.

And your comments are proof that my earlier observation wasn't wrong! I've always seen Women around me with respect and I don't need anyone's certificate in that regard, least of all yours!

As I said before, you should be ashamed that you thought instead of castigating him for his remarks, you chose to support them just because he was your countryman.

INDIAN citizen should only worry about is INDIAN LAW and every INDIAN CITIZENS is expected to respect INDIAN LAW too and have their legal boundaries defined by the CONSTITUTION OF INDIA. and NOT by the constitution of the US.

Indian diplomat Deviyani was RAPED in the US. Why would it matter if RAPE has LEGAL SANCTION in the US.

Deviyani's Lawyer is fighting her case in a US COURT, So he has to go by US Law. Indian's are fighter our case with the STATE Dept. so we go by Vienna convention and INDIAN LAW.

Last edited:

That was obvious from day one to me.

IT IS NOT PROCEDURE EVEN ACCORDING TO US LAW

There have been cases where it has been sucessfully sued, but U.S law does not prohibit cavity search when due procedures are followed.Was deviyani the first women subjugated to it, i ask.NO.Again i think we are running in circles, once after her arrest she was subjugated to U.S law and they had the right to perform it.

I am an INDIAN citizen and all I care about is INDIAN LAW. And I expect EVERY INDIAN CITIZENS to respect INDIAN LAW too and have their legal boundaries set by the CONSTITUTION OF INDIA. and NOT by the constitution of the US.

Indian diplomat Deviyani was RAPED in the US. I do not care if RAPE has LEGAL SANCTION in the US.

Deviyani's Lawyer is fighter her case in a US COURT you fool. So he has to go by US Law. Indian's are fighter our case with the STATE Dept. so we go by Vienna convention and INDIAN LAW.

Are you dumb my friend.After her arrest she is within U.S laws, her consular immunity did not give immunity against grave offences.Perjury is a grave offence.Hence, after her arrest indian laws don't apply to her U.S laws do.Please respond if you have a valid argument instead of rhetoric.

And your comments are proof that my earlier observation wasn't wrong! I've always seen Women around me with respect and I don't need anyone's certificate in that regard, least of all yours!

As I said before, you should be ashamed that you thought instead of castigating him for his remarks, you chose to support them just because he was your countryman.

i am not responsible for his comments neither i support.

i stand by my statement and it was result of

1. You accused all Pakistanis of watching goat sex.

2. You accused him one of them.

3. You Indians are claiming your lady was made scapegoat and put to cavity search

4. You accused Pakistani member of enjoying her cavity search

AND i told you since you accused him of goat lover so oh well yeh he did enjoy whats the big fuss here then?

There have been cases where it has been sucessfully sued, but U.S law does not prohibit cavity search when due procedures are followed.Was deviyani the first women subjugated to it, i ask.NO.Again i think we are running in circles, once after her arrest she was subjugated to U.S law and they had the right to perform it.

The fact that you are ignoring my posts selectively proves you are here to troll, Cavity search i.e RAPE is only confined to people who are a threat to the society like terrorists , drug smugglers rapists etc .... Cavity search Is itself done for looking for Drugs or bombs which is admitted by the D.A and U.S govt. Doing a Cavity search on a person who has done Visa fraud is nothing but intentional humiliation .... Why the f**k would DA look for a bomb or drugs from a diplomat....

That is not normal procedure

The fact that you are ignoring my posts selectively proves you are here to troll, Cavity search i.e RAPE is only confined to people who are a threat to the society like terrorists , drug smugglers rapists etc .... Cavity search Is itself done for looking for Drugs or bombs which is admitted by the D.A and U.S govt. Doing a Cavity search on a person who has done Visa fraud is nothing but intentional humiliation .... Why the f**k would DA look for a bomb or drugs from a diplomat....

That is not normal procedure

When did i say it was in good taste, all i am saying was that they had legal authority to do it.Yes, it was unnecessary and intentional humiliation but it is not RAPE.I hope you get my point now.

i am not responsible for his comments neither i support.

i stand by my statement and it was result of

1. You accused all Pakistanis of watching goat sex.

2. You accused him one of them.

3. You Indians are claiming your lady was made scapegoat and put to cavity search

4. You accused Pakistani member of enjoying her cavity search

AND i told you since you accused him of goat lover so oh well yeh he did enjoy whats the big fuss here then?

Keep up with this willful ignorance for all I care! But next time, don't jump at the defense of your insensitive countrymen , as you're no different!

Are you dumb my friend.After her arrest she is within U.S laws, her consular immunity did not give immunity against grave offences.Perjury is a grave offence.Hence, after her arrest indian laws don't apply to her U.S laws do.Please respond if you have a valid argument instead of rhetoric.

And you continue to remain a Fool.

No one has said she has to be tried by Indian law, however for Indians who are bound by Indian law and draw our definition from Indian law, it is clear she has been Raped in the US.

Perjury is not a grave offence warranting an arrest. Murder, larceny, arson, rape, racketeering, violence are Grave crimes.

When did i say it was in good taste, all i am saying was that they had legal authority to do it.Yes, it was unnecessary and intentional humiliation but it is not RAPE.I hope you get my point now.

No they do not ...... It is clear violation of the Vienna convention , they had no business to arrest her

Back
Top Bottom