What's new

Indian defence & religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good whisky would probably work even better, not sure anyone would agree to some getting high on those spirits.

Praying to God better than drinking whiskey.

Who wants a off-the-sense scientist feeding in Delhi as the target co-ordinate of an Agni V. :cheesy:

Yeah right. That's why there were massive protests against the British ban! Funny how these "reformers" are only supposed to have opposed Sati when the British were of the view to banning it. Coincidence? Could have picked any one of the 1000 odd years that came before to oppose & be rid of the abhorrent practice. Btw, that's part of the same brilliant cultural practices that are so supported by the history revisionists.
Going tangential.. the point being discussed it is when some practice is not harming something or someone why do you bother what they do? Banning Sati pratha was the best thing Brits could do, there is no two ways about that but as is the case with every religion do you thing the history of any religion is clean? The times were different, religious fanatics were abundant.. There are many good things in Hinduism so if you just want to pick some bad practices, again being made by some fanatics, then no one can make you understand..

That is pseudo-secularism, which is despicable. Foreign firms have to be told firmly,by their Indian employees, not to do these silly things. Just shrugging one's shoulders and taking the path of least resistance is not a solution.

Oh okay :lol:

What if the employees also want ?

Bhumi Pujan is a wonderful ritual. It teaches us to treat our soil, land like our mother and not use it for doing wrongful/dirty stuff. For example, Americans used sea, land for testing 1000 nuclear bombs. They never regretted for destroying/radiating soil, sea marine-life. If they had done Bhumi pujan ritual, they would have earned/grasped/grown little respect, love for mother earth and not do such crazy thing of 1000 nuke tests. Its a shame now americans need to learn this from us brownie Indians. ;)

I think we Indians don't appreciate the goodness of our Indian heritage, traditions, rituals and the implicit goodness it teaches us, while blindly trying to ape white men who had no such past and obviously are jealous, and try to show Asians down due to our cultural superiority. The Chinese already know this aspect and that's why they don't give a sh1t to what west says. Its only Indians who keep bullsh1tting about what west thinks. :lol:

I think you are just gibbering now, having given up any pretense of being scientific. It comes back, inevitably, to values, and to he'll with science. Since the scientific salience of our collective superstitions cannot be proved, let us move on. Let us now focus on 'implicit goodness', 'jealousy' and 'cultural superiority'.

And since aping the west is ruled out, let us ape the Chinese.

This man is the stupidest I have come across in a long, long time.

Never had a good whisky, have you?

Does Glen Livet and Jack Daniels count ? ;)

Oh, agree completely! Was making the point that not all methods for keeping the "spirits" up seem to be a good idea.

Not all methods are good. But some methods are not bad though and dont do any harm. My question again - what harm does it do if people/organizations do some small ritual for their sentiment, belief before starting some new activity ?

People boil milk when they move into a new house. It's just a ritual, does nobody any harm. These things are just like that. A quirky part of our culture which shows our uniqueness from others.

Praying to God better than drinking whiskey.

Who wants a off-the-sense scientist feeding in Delhi as the target co-ordinate of an Agni V. :cheesy:

Only an idiot who drinks to get drunk would drink on the job.

Going tangential.. the point being discussed it is when some practice is not harming something or someone why do you bother what they do? Banning Sati pratha was the best thing Brits could do, there is no two ways about that but as is the case with every religion do you thing the history of any religion is clean? The times were different, religious fanatics were abundant.. There are many good things in Hinduism so if you just want to pick some bad practices, again being made by some fanatics, then no one can make you understand..

Why do you think I am against ALL religion?

Oh okay :lol:

What if the employees also want ?

Say no, firmly.

It works.

If the same thing is done by westerners we keep our mouth open in awe, but if Indians do their rituals its becomes a source of embarrassment.

Agreed.

We have many highly educated, self-proclaimed "certifying authority" of science here appointed by their western masters. For them, anything Indian/indigenous sucks, whatever white men do is good. ;)

I think you are just gibbering now, having given up any pretense of being scientific.

What do you mean now? The gentleman (I assume) gave you fair warning when he clearly told you (and all of us) that he had done extensive research & figured out that the Americans actually never did land on the moon, just faked the whole damn thing.

Best give up! No hope for the likes of us to out argue someone with such deep understanding of the world. Better get your pickaxe ready for "bhoomi puja". If you dig deep enough & with a little luck, maybe we can bury "a very special repository" of that knowledge.

Agreed.

We have many highly educated, self-proclaimed "certifying authority" of science here appointed by their western masters. For them, anything Indian/indigenous sucks, whatever white men do is good. ;)

Good. Now that we have the "feast of reason and the flow of soul", you can get married to each other and stop bothering us.

What do you mean now? The gentleman (I assume) gave you fair warning when he clearly told you (and all of us) that he had done extensive research & figured out that the Americans actually never did land on the moon, just faked the whole damn thing.

Best give up! No hope for the likes of us to out argue someone with such deep understanding of the world. Better get your pickaxe ready for "bhoomi puja". If you dig deep enough & with a little luck, maybe we can bury "a very special repository" of that knowledge.

You mean it's time to shut up? You have a point!

Only an idiot who drinks to get drunk would drink on the job.

Why do you think I am against ALL religion?

Say no, firmly.

It works.

I was pointing out that every religion had and has some bad things, why do you think Hinduism is so bad?

You are only driven by what you feel, but others feel what they have to.. putting a restriction on things which are harmless is of no consequence. The only point I want to put forward is, no matter what they should believe in their work if apart from that they believe in anything else that is inconsequential.. to anyone.

Most of time when an individual says "no offence"; he or she intends to deal some kind of offence. I am as opposed to un-reasonable Hindus the same way i oppose un-reasonable muslims. I still have faith in my nation.

That WAS a cheap jibe.

I can only apologize on behalf of decent people everywhere, in India as in Pakistan.

I was pointing out that every religion had and has some bad things, why do you think Hinduism is so bad?

No one argues that only Hinduism is "so bad", true of almost all religions. Hinduism just happens to be religion in question here.

Many things are present in Hinduism which have to be studied, as I said blindly believing is not the way forward... Like the Ayurveda, it is a potent medical science which was ignored and the science was lost. How to you explain thousands of people getting cured of Asthama from a fish medicine only they know how to make and administer?

No one argues that only Hinduism is "so bad", true of almost all religions. Hinduism just happens to be religion in question here.
Actually, Hinduism was not a religion at all, it was a way of life.. fanatics just twisted concepts and we see the manifestation of that fanaticism still present...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom