What's new

Indian defence minister says Pakistan's submarine buying plans is not a big problem for India.

We are not looking to deter as said and thought by many , just trying to protect our selves get that through your heads which is out of place for many .

Mr defense minister when did India acquire any platform on time tell me please before your 6 French sub will be ready Chinese sub will be operational with 2500 slcm pointed towards ur A$$
Kuch zyada nahi ho gaya.....jaane do ab bol diya to bol diya...now its pakistan problem to arrange money for such huge deployment(you just continue typing)

We will have to match it. I do not see it as a big problem because we will have enough submarines by the time Pakistan gets these 8. By the time they get the deliveries, we can manufacture 15-20 submarines.

What moronic statement by the Indian defence minister, it's not as if submarine fight against submarines. :lol:

India problem is they can't afford deploy all submarines against us when China is roaming in or close to your borders but we can deploy all our Navy towards India

You should read the Subs induction plan of India.
Scorpene willcomplete its induction within 5 years and at that time we will have 2-3SSBN and two SSN.Then we will start to induct our own 6 SSN and other project is our own AIP SSK that is around 6.And we talking about a complete modernization within 6+6+6+2 around 20 .When we add SSBN it will be 25.At least 5 of current platform will still retain with IN until 2035.Means a sub fleet of around 30 within 2030.Most modern ASW and P8i is still in there.So DM Manohar Parrikar was right .Those 8 Chinesesub submarinesis not an issue at all.

India problem is they can't afford deploy all submarines against us when China is roaming in or close to your borders but we can deploy all our Navy towards India

No we can.

1. Chinese Hanian Island is 7500Km away from Indian coast. It would take Chinese weeks to even reach Indian ocean.

2. A single ASW corvette or Frigate along with a single destroyer ,standing at mouth of Malacca strait, could sink whole Chibot Navy singlehandedly.

3. Only Chinese SSN's could reach Indian ocean. SSK (of any country) does not have range to venture thousands of kilometer away from their shore.

4.A submarine is rarely countered with another Submarine. Submarine hunting is usually done by ASW frigates and aircrafts like P8I.

5. Eight submarines (that too cheap chinese version) would not prove themselves to be difficult for IN to deal with. A single U-216 or a SSN would have been proven more difficult to deal with.

Of course, a submarine in itself is a very powerful platform in the ocean. It may, however, not directly pose a threat to India.

Talk about contradiction.

There is no contradiction. While a submarine may be a powerful platform, Indian Navy ,especially after induction of P8I, is capable enough that this induction would not make any difference to IN's capability.

There is no contradiction. While a submarine may be a powerful platform, Indian Navy ,especially after induction of P8I, is capable enough that this induction would not make any difference to IN's capability.

LMAO We'll see. It's always easy to flex muscles...

Mr defense minister when did India acquire any platform on time tell me please before your 6 French sub will be ready Chinese sub will be operational with 2500 slcm pointed towards ur A$$

2500 SLCM.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Looks like consumption of too much Beef brain has given you a prion disease.

Kuch logon ke jo muh me aata hai wo bake chale jaate hain. A normal SSGN submarine could not house more than 100 cruise missiles.Largest SSGN ,Ohio class, hold just 144 Tomahawaks.

And SLCM could not be used to target submarines.

Last edited:
I think it is, 8 Subs will be a game changer for pakistan.

they also have to retire their old subs just like us..
and India have just started building nuclear subs, making conventional subs as well
shipyards competing for make submarines
our sub numbers wont decline anymore

8 subs for pakistan is a game changer..
while Arihant class is even bigger game changer.

INS KOLKATA(D63) Laid 27 September 2003 Launched 30 March 2006 Commissioned 16 August 2014
INS Vishakhapatnam (D66) INS Visakhapatnam D 66 laid --12 October 2013 Launch--20 April 2015 Induction: 2018 (expected)
Do you see how much legendary delay in Kolkata & Vishakhapatnam class destroyer have comparably . Now you can laugh as much but when you commission your 8 SSK , we would induct 12 SSK, 7 SSN in this period , I am not counting ASW platform in this.

19 submarines is a lot, regardless of the navy. Anyway, who am i to judge, perhaps the most flawed and delayed military procurement nation in the world? Time will be the best judge.

Your Army couldn't Get the AH64s on time. You Airforce is still languishing around the MMRCA. Let's not even talk about the Arjun and LCA. Navy's Scorpene procurement is delayed and you want me to believe you BS?

Right.

they also have to retire their old subs just like us..
and India have just started building nuclear subs, making conventional subs as well
shipyards competing for make submarines
our sub numbers wont decline anymore

8 subs for pakistan is a game changer..
while Arihant class is even bigger game changer.

Pakistan only has to retire the Agosta 70s. So 8 Chinese +3 Agosta 90s, is 11, which is more than enough to deter any Indian vessel from operating in our EEZ. Rest Assured, Surface fleet will get a boost as well.

they keep saying that pakistan is not our concern then they start crying on UCAV Burraq.Idiots to the core...

Woow nice joke . Why don't you stop buying JF and buy 1000s of Burraq ? Your RC plane don't even shake a grass in India. First learn about both of our capabilities .

8 Submarines with AIP is no joke ... Indians here pretend that if a Sub is Chinese so it wont be quite or can fire any Torpedo or CM ..... stop living in Delusion world ... if you think Chinese weapons are junk than why dont you dare to Attack them ? and take revenge of 62 ? they will Rape your entire army within 1 week , in every worse position ... better come to the real world , and stop smoking whatever is this Indian National Drugs ...

Let's not make a any mistakes . This 8 submarines will take years to come .

Right now we operate 4 German and 10 Russian SSK 1 SSN and 1SSBN . In very near future we will induct most advanced stealth Scorpene for which even Chinese don't have anything close. P75I is for 6 submarines to be made in India . The beauty of the deal is 4 will be produced in Govt ship yard and 1 each in two private shipyard . So we can go for anther 3+3 as follow on orders for these two private shipyard to avoid loss due to money required to create infrastructure .

We have cleared 6 New SSK which might be closer to Akula subs of Russian which we already operate . Leave SSBN so which we will produce at least 3 more Arihant + Advanced SSBN (10,000 T) .

Our Anti Submarine Warfare capabilities are huge !!! FROM SURFACE ASW TO FLYING platforms .

And it's all will be done in 10-14 years time frame. Once one project is over we will start with next one . These Submarines supply lines won't to closed as so much investment needed for all these projects . Now compare what China Has ? They will induct 5/6 subs Till 2022 ( as per ther plan) Now calculate how many old submarines are there to be replaced . Now equate with how many enemies they have in and around SCS ?
Y dear Capability , powers , abilities not just decided with the numbers . But both numbers and threat they face . And again think what is Indian Navy's threat perception , ASW capabilities and submarine future induction plans.

Did you get the picture ? If not in next comment I can post with numbers of Yous and Chinese fleet in detail .

8 Submarines with AIP is no joke ... Indians here pretend that if a Sub is Chinese so it wont be quite or can fire any Torpedo or CM ..... stop living in Delusion world ... if you think Chinese weapons are junk than why dont you dare to Attack them ? and take revenge of 62 ? they will Rape your entire army within 1 week , in every worse position ... better come to the real world , and stop smoking whatever is this Indian National Drugs ...

Your post itself says lot about Chinese weapons... Just take example of Chinese fighter aka JF17/FC1. No country want this fighter even it cost 1/3 compare to other fighter of same category. Why?

Check my previous comment .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom