What's new

Indian defence minister draws line at 36 Rafales

Good decision. SFC will get these with some Super-MKI. Air patrolling can be done with LCA . No point in buying a $ 200 mil. 4 LCA can be manufactured in India in that amount.
Stop comparing ellite jet like Rafael with LCA, which is still under construction and yet to be inducted in IAF.

Better don't give senseless justifications for the 36 jets deal and live with the reality that this so called mother of all deals , ended up pissing.

If God is kind then India will not buy/manufacture more than 36 LCA. That aircraft is a joke, a relic and everything that can be wrong in a modern 21st century aircraft.

But the keyboard experts here believe LCA is a superb aircraft and I think 100+ is a reasonable number IF the IAF inducts those worthless junk.

Hate to say this but IAF will again have to turn to good old Russia for help.
so india is just wasting Indian tax payers money on this Aircraft ?

both FC-1 and LCA are worthless Fighters. only F-16, M-2000, Mig-29 and Su-30 can counter any modern Fighters like J-10, J-11/16 etc etc. that's why Pakistan is Buying J-31 fighters.

Not every Indian, just the stupid little keyboard fanatics who live in their fantasy world and fail to address reality.

I speak the truth as it is, if I find anything negative about India I will mention it in the same manner as I will not hesitate to point out the mistakes of China and Pakistan.

Yes he is right, what he did not mention is that China is not burdened with a white elephant like DRDO that routinely fails to come up with any sensible product. He also did not mention that China has better industrial muscle, infrastructure and also GDP and higher defence budget.

In short going desi is a good thing but at present India simply cannot afford to. India needs to have a infra in place first and for the love of God they need to permanently shut down failures like DRDO and other PSUs who only guzzle public tax money.
If God is kind then India will not buy/manufacture more than 36 LCA. That aircraft is a joke, a relic and everything that can be wrong in a modern 21st century aircraft.

But the keyboard experts here believe LCA is a superb aircraft and I think 100+ is a reasonable number IF the IAF inducts those worthless junk.

Hate to say this but IAF will again have to turn to good old Russia for help.

Well, tell the truth is not very
Indian in this forum. Especially about LCA.

What LCA the MOD is talking of? It is still being tested. It would take at least 5 to 7 years before LCA is battle ready. You cannot talk of filling your squadrons with a plane that is still in testing phases.

USA/Russia/Europe start inducting aircrafts as soon as they get IOC. Tejas has IOC.

Secondly, IAF is operating Mig-21 till 2022. Tejas is generations ahead of Mig-21.

Did the world end in 15 years?

Now if Pakistan wants to buy more Agosta submarines or other French weaponry what is India supposed to do, float tenders for 1000 LeClerc tanks and later cancel them after 15-20 years of negotiation?

And do you think France or any other country will take Indian orders seriously in future? India might float a 25 billion dollar tender, but France will say "Oh wait, we remember what happened last time. Stay away."

Forget conspiracy theories, what about the rapidly declining IAF squadron numbers which Rafale was supposed to replace. Will the mighty DRDO+HAL now produce paper planes with needles attached to it?

LOL!! This coming from a boy who thinks MMRCA was an Indian conspiracy to stop France from selling weapons to India's enemies. :omghaha:
Never said I think....

One of the possible theories I said.....
no one gives a damm about what happened in the past.....

If the theory I mentioned is true.....then it was well executed but if we had bought 3 more squadrons then it would have been even better

Never said I think....

One of the possible theories I said.....
no one gives a damm about what happened in the past.....

If the theory I mentioned is true.....then it was well executed but if we had bought 3 more squadrons then it would have been even better

The theory is a pile of horse crap. And no country is that dumb or stupid enough to waste away their own credibility by undertaking such a stupid move. Do you even realise what you are typing? You think any country will ever take Indian tenders seriously if your theory has even 1 percent truth in it?

The whole exercise is nothing more than a face saving gesture. India would have been reduced to a laughing stock if the MMRCA deal would have been cancelled without buying a single aircraft.

The theory is a pile of horse crap. And no country is that dumb or stupid enough to waste away their own credibility by undertaking such a stupid move. Do you even realise what you are typing? You think any country will ever take Indian tenders seriously if your theory has even 1 percent truth in it?

The whole exercise is nothing more than a face saving gesture. India would have been reduced to a laughing stock if the MMRCA deal would have been cancelled without buying a single aircraft.
I am just saying it's a theory and this theory has been discussed as well ....

I know what I am typing ....You are over hyping things....

Keep dreaming. More Rafales are coming, we both know it.

Your mouth is bigger than ur brain. It will take you 20 more years to understand what Parrikar has done here. Let it remain secret, dumbhead. ;)

I can see that most oldies are butt-hurt with Parrikar's masterstroke to kill wastage of precious money on junk like Rafale.

Rafale has nothing new compared to LCA. Difference is only the size & scaling. Both are exact same technology, one is smaller, other is bigger airframe.

There is nothing like "face keeping" and "face saver" in weapons purchases. Your mindset is like that of a woman who purchases an overexpensive handbag, only to make save her face in front of her neighbours. You lack maturity. :rofl:

Let me assure you, this is not the reason Parrikar went for 36. You can guess the reason from common sense. ;)

I concur with sengupta on this one. The scale of economics dictates that we go for more Rafale. He even quoted the RM to the word and not twisted his words to fabricate a story.

Sengupta has no credibility. A paid stooge of foreign weapon firms.

I don't know why some Indians thought they would "scare" China with a few Western made fighter jets.
Stronger domestic production is much more scary than that, since domestic platforms can be produced in essentially endless numbers barring resource constraints.

Well said. :tup:

Most of indians on this forum, are victorian educated kids, they lack independent mindset & confidence, which natives of China has(due to firm rooting in non-English education). Plz ignore these kids. They embarrass me. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom