What's new

Indian Defence Budget for 2012-13 hiked to 1.95 lakh crore ($39 billion)

Bl[i]tZ;2702252 said:
Just heard Pranab da presenting the union budget for 2012-13 fiscal year to the parliament.

2011-12 (last year)
...............2012-13(this year)..............%ge increase
Rs 1,64,415.49 crore ...........Rs 1,95,000 crore....................19%
$36.03 billion..........................$38.8 billion..........................7.7%

Finance Min said anything over and above this will be provided to armed forces if required.

I thought it crosses 50 billion dollars.... Though 39 billion dollars is also high amount as we could used this amount for development purposes like health education job creation etc... But national security is also important....

i just don't get it..........previous year we could only spend 70% of our d.buget..............and now we are increasing our budget from 36 b to 42 b.................why are we giving more food to a persons plate who is not being able to eat what is already there in the plate????:tdown:

You need to learn and understand few things:

1. Most of the defense deals have matured to be signed thus requiring money for example M777 howitzers and MMRCA.

2. We need to take care of china + pakistan.

3. India runs with the 5 years plan concept.

4. The 11th 5 years plan ends on 31st March 2012 so govt. have to spend accordingly to justify that they have added capacities, capabilities, modernization to achieve the target for the plan.

5. And with 12th plan that will start from the 1st April 2012 to 31st March 2017 will see new targets (like defense modernization, future needs, maintenance, capacities building, facilities etc. etc.) the need for budget and the allocation to meet it will grow day by day. :pop:

I thought it crosses 50 billion dollars.... Though 39 billion dollars is also high amount as we could used this amount for development purposes like health education job creation etc... But national security is also important....

50 Billion dollars??:woot:
Do u have any idea how many zeros are there in that number?:no:
No need to increase Defense budget to that amount and that too rapidly...

Ur talking as if pakistan is a rich and developed country u too are a poor state but the difference is that India is developing very fast and taking care of its poor people too.

And as for pockets, i think zardari and kiyani have pockets too.

I am sure this year pakistans defence budget will be increased to 25 to 30 billion dollars... They also want nuclear submarines aircraft carriers to match indians... By the way I dont know what is the gdp of pakistan is...

It will reach 50 billion USD by 2015.

It will not just reach it will grow more then that just do the maths:

2012 = US$ 40

2013 = US$ 40 + 10% (increase in the budget) = US$ 44 billion.

2014 = US$ 44 billion + 10% (increase in the budget) = US$ 48.4 billion.

2015 = US$ 48.4 billion + 10% (increase in the budget) = US$ 53.24 billion.

And i can guarantee u that the increase will be more then 10% each year for sure.
:tup:

I am sure this year pakistans defence budget will be increased to 25 to 30 billion dollars... They also want nuclear submarines aircraft carriers to match indians... By the way I dont know what is the gdp of pakistan is...

:woot:Whatttttt? Pakistan's current Defense budget is about 5-6 billion dolloars.....
No way they r gonna increase it to 25-30Billion.....
With the current budget they cannot afford nuclear submarine forget Aircraft carriers....

No no no they can't afford that much their total GDP according to World Bank in 2010 was $176.87 Billion only.

If you add 4.5% as GDP growth rate even then its just very small = US$ 184.82 billion this year.

And pakistan's hide much of its defense budget it have many components like direct funding, foreign loans, foreign aid (both in money and weapons) etc. even then its budget is around US$ 8-10 billion only.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

i thinks its more than turkish budget

BTW, India have not gone for arms race as our defense budget increase is lower then that of the neighboring pakistan.

And our defense budget is very very modest in comparison to china.

1. pakistan increased its defense budget by 18% + hidden/non public figures

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-defence-industry/102580-defence-budget-up-18-percent.html

2. India only increased it 17% that is less then pakistan in the percentage despite having far bigger force and decades of pending modernization.

3. china's defense budget = US $106.41 billion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17251088

4. India's defense budget = US$ 39 billion

5. India faces enemy with 8-10 billion (pak) + 106 billion = US$ 116 billion with only US$ 39 billion.

30 billion is Pakistan's entire annual budget, half of which is spent on repaying debt taken from international organisations.

India is at no. 8th in terms of defense spending in the world.

USA
china
UK
France
Russia
Japan
Germany
India

before getting with Pakistan see statistics urself than poke ur nose & show ur background while getting personal...

u guys are more stupid & lacks knowledge than i always imagined, i said 17% of resources now dont tell me the revenues of indians govt are in trillions $..:D

Economics PHd from Madarassah ? :woot:

you too slowed down..wow..:D and its happening with whole world economies.

They slowed down and will slow down more to 7.5% next year.

Yes. :cheesy:

Our GDP growth for 2011 was 9.2%... and the increase in our military budget was 11% (a gap of two percent). We can get away with this, because our defence spending almost entirely goes into our own indigenous defence industries.

India's current GDP growth is 6.1%... and they are increasing the defence budget by 17%. Not to mention the fact that India's defence budget is used mostly to buy foreign military equipment.

This is not necessarily a negative thing. If India goes to war in the immediate future (e.g. In the next few years)... then India will benefit a lot from this strategy.

Ahhah... now you are talking.

China's GDP Growth Targets 7.5% in 2012
China Cuts Growth Target to 7.5% as Wen Seeks Sustainable Growth: Economy - Bloomberg

:cheesy:

Trade deficit is also skyrocketing :rofl:

MF Global plans bonus payouts for 3 execs: source
http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/cache/ITY_PUBLIC/6-13022012-AP/EN/6-13022012-AP-EN.PDF
China reports large trade deficit | euronewsweek

Back
Top Bottom