What's new

Indian Cryogenic Engine GSLV D3 Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
first of all RIP GSLV

2nd, if i was indian and wanted to lie i would have said exactly the same thing as you but i want to tell you the truth i would refrain from calling this "ingeniously" developed.

cryogenic engines and technology to produce at home were supplied by russia.

Indian Missiles: Threat and Capability
India's quest for imports provoked a row with the United States in 1992. The Russian space agency tried to sell India advanced cryogenic engines for India's most ambitious space rocket, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV). The United States opposed the deal, rejecting India's argument that the engines were only suitable for space launchers. "If you can do space launches, you can do ballistic missiles," a Commerce Department analyst told the Risk Report. The analyst's stance is buttressed by a CIA report declassified in 1993. It said that a space launcher "could be converted relatively quickly by technologically advanced countries ... to a surface to surface missile."

Google news search
(preview only) (pay to view full articles)

india russia cryogenic - Google News Archive Search

(Russia has reassured India of its continued cooperation on the cryogenic technology transfer)

(Pay-Per-View - Atlanta Journal-Constitution - NewsBank - May 20, 1992
Washington said Russia's proposed sale of cryogenic engines to India violated the provisions of the Missile Technology Control Regime, an international)

(Russian rocket chief heads for visit in US
Ocala Star-Banner - Google News Archive - Aug 25, 1993
The deal with India for two cryogenic rocket engines, said to be worth million, ... to giving India sensitive technology, and threatened Russia with sanctions.)

(Devaluation of Russian reform
$2.95 - Washington Times - NewsBank - Aug 5, 1993
... cryogenic rocket engines and missile-related technology to India. ... On the same day, it acted to restrict foreign bank activity in Russia.)

RUSSIAN GIVES U.S. CHALLENGE ON AID - NYTimes.com
(In recent months Russia has come under American criticism for supplying cryogenic rocket engines to India, a modern submarine to Iran and other high-tech weaponry to China. Eliminating 'Suspicion')

this is only tip of ice berg of foreigner technology provided to india for this project and i think like a wise man credit must be due to where it is deserved.
Its like me saying. JF-17 is "indigenously" R&D by us when it is not.

I have read your countless other lengthy posts where you try and disapprove of all our indigenous efforts, from the Arjun, to the LCA; from the LCH to the GSLV. Seems like you have an agenda. You can be happy with your beliefs in and i will be happy with mine.

There is a difference between technical - cooperation/input and just contributing with the funds. Like we did for the PAKFA and like you did for the JF-17. The fact remains that all of these projects have been through so many failures, trials and errors - hallmarks of indigenous projects. Otherwise, we would have seen one perfect launch after the other and we would have put a man on the moon 20 years ago. Nobody perfects anything the first time and India is no exception.

And it isn't necessary to be jealous and nit-pick every time. You can impartial if you want to!

Ignoring the usual trolls who are always jealous of our achievements(Yes this is also an achievement because an effort of 18 years was put to test and we are one step closer to achieve total independence in cryogenic engine technology ) did you guys paid attention to one simple but important line in the press release...

Mr. Radhakrishnan said performence of the vehicle was normal upto the “burn out” of the second stage. Underlining ISRO’s commitment to carry on with cryogenic stage rocket programme, he said the next flight will be carried out within a year. “It was an event of 18 years working with complex technology. Upto the level of carrying (the vehicle) is a major accomplishment,” he said.

The Hindu : News / National : GSLV-D3 was not successful: ISRO

***********************************************************\
Bolded part sums up the confidence ISRO has in making this thing work.....

A setback indeed - but we can take a leaf out of PSLV's book. It failed many times first, and now look where it is. And NASA has few of the biggest space disasters on its name & still they are the numero uno. So no problems as long as human lives are not lost.

And what about the financial loss? I heard such missions are insured to some extent? Does anyone have any authentic information on that?

I have read your countless other lengthy posts where you try and disapprove of all our indigenous efforts, from the Arjun, to the LCA; from the LCH to the GSLV. Seems like you have an agenda. You can be happy with your beliefs in and i will be happy with mine.

There is a difference between technical - cooperation/input and just contributing with the funds. Like we did for the PAKFA and like you did for the JF-17. The fact remains that all of these projects have been through so many failures, trials and errors - hallmarks of indigenous projects. Otherwise, we would have seen one perfect launch after the other and we would have put a man on the moon 20 years ago. Nobody perfects anything the first time and India is no exception.

And it isn't necessary to be jealous and nit-pick every time. You can impartial if you want to!

he does not like them because they cannot do these!!!! if they could they should have compared but not jealous. :cheers:

Pitiable creatures like Asad Ikram. Their country hasn't even started to tread the right path, which we started 18 years ago. They will understand by themselves once (and if) they actually try these things. It is not a piece of candy, takes years of devotion & research. Their respectable members like qsaark stand out in the crowd with their understanding & ability to comprehend things.

first of all RIP GSLV

2nd, if i was indian and wanted to lie i would have said exactly the same thing as you but i want to tell you the truth i would refrain from calling this "ingeniously" developed.

cryogenic engines and technology to produce at home were supplied by russia.

Indian Missiles: Threat and Capability
India's quest for imports provoked a row with the United States in 1992. The Russian space agency tried to sell India advanced cryogenic engines for India's most ambitious space rocket, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV). The United States opposed the deal, rejecting India's argument that the engines were only suitable for space launchers. "If you can do space launches, you can do ballistic missiles," a Commerce Department analyst told the Risk Report. The analyst's stance is buttressed by a CIA report declassified in 1993. It said that a space launcher "could be converted relatively quickly by technologically advanced countries ... to a surface to surface missile."

Google news search
(preview only) (pay to view full articles)

india russia cryogenic - Google News Archive Search

(Russia has reassured India of its continued cooperation on the cryogenic technology transfer)

(Pay-Per-View - Atlanta Journal-Constitution - NewsBank - May 20, 1992
Washington said Russia's proposed sale of cryogenic engines to India violated the provisions of the Missile Technology Control Regime, an international)

(Russian rocket chief heads for visit in US
Ocala Star-Banner - Google News Archive - Aug 25, 1993
The deal with India for two cryogenic rocket engines, said to be worth million, ... to giving India sensitive technology, and threatened Russia with sanctions.)

(Devaluation of Russian reform
$2.95 - Washington Times - NewsBank - Aug 5, 1993
... cryogenic rocket engines and missile-related technology to India. ... On the same day, it acted to restrict foreign bank activity in Russia.)

RUSSIAN GIVES U.S. CHALLENGE ON AID - NYTimes.com
(In recent months Russia has come under American criticism for supplying cryogenic rocket engines to India, a modern submarine to Iran and other high-tech weaponry to China. Eliminating 'Suspicion')

this is only tip of ice berg of foreigner technology provided to india for this project and i think like a wise man credit must be due to where it is deserved.
Its like me saying. JF-17 is "indigenously" R&D by us when it is not.

ohh Growler please dont try this again. Somehow your obsessed with proving points by cutting and pasting from multiple sources. Please dont waste your time. Please research throughly before you make statements.

you are utterly bitterly wrong... man wats wit you guyz... how manyu times should we explain to you about our indegenisation?... god... either you are ignorant or trying to troll... anyways....:wave:

ohhhu god. :rofl:
u indians are too deluded.
I am just stating facts here, you need a reality check buddy.

:( so sad, i was sooo looking forward to this. When i got up in the morning and checked the news tears almost came out of my eyes. I feel bad for the guys at ISRO who have been working for 15 years on this project. :(

I feel your pain desiman , Real bummer for me to put an end to what was a happy day.

But you know what its ISRO the one agency you can count on to get the job done.

It took them so many failures and criticism to get the PSLV of the ground.

But eventually they reached all the way to the moon.

Inspirational-quote-by-Thomas-Edison.jpg

IRSO has already proved what they can do with the CH-1 , they don't need anything else.

From transporting rockets on bicycles to reaching the moon

rocket-on-bicycle-in-kerala-henri-cartier-1.jpg

GSLV-Mk%20III--big-1.jpg

Follow the Failure:lol:

tusse apne motor tae chala lao ,phir sanoo naseitaan karyoo.;)

atleast we have something that can fail :P cant say the same about Pakistan lol Dont worry brother, failure is the first step to success.

The cryogenic engine failed, it doesn’t mean that the entire project to develop the cryogenic engine failed. Isro has spent many years in this field & has learned many things & progressed a lot in this field.
Isro has taken the first baby step in cryogenic field, it failed. But it will stand again soon…… We are proud of ISRO.

If your stating the facts then you must also know where Pakistan missiles come from ? Your in such a denial mode growler that you fail to accept the obvious but continue to debate without reason.

phir fail chalo koi bat nhi pher try kerna. desi bhai you are elete member now.

You will tell us reality ?????

:rofl::rofl::rofl: mahn !! this is certainly not real.

Ignoring the usual trolls who are always jealous of our achievements(Yes this is also an achievement because an effort of 18 years was put to test and we are one step closer to achieve total independence in cryogenic engine technology ) did you guys paid attention to one simple but important line in the press release...

The Hindu : News / National : GSLV-D3 was not successful: ISRO

***********************************************************\
Bolded part sums up the confidence ISRO has in making this thing work.....

This is a indian source and the claim is made by an indian who have "ZERO" credibility of speaking the truth. I am sorry if i have spoiled your ego satisfaction party. :partay:
party is over for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom