What's new

Indian Cryogenic Engine GSLV D3 Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
their rocket is not even reliable and they want to send human to space.

It's not about rocket or capsule. This was testing of the first indigenously built cryogenic engine which failed but that’s not end of world.

Man learns from his mistake and ISRO scientists are no exception to this rule of thumb. I am sure they will work harder to make it a huge success next time and you will be pleasantly surprised to see Indians in space in near future. There is no deviation from that path.

Cheer up my all Indian friends, I know it’s a sad day for each one of us but as the saying goes "girte hain sheh-sawar hee maidan-e-jang mein" (Only those who try fail)...

mate, after the mission was over ISRO chairman speaking to the media confirmed this as a failure and....

* Flight performance as predicted upto burnout of stage 2
* The cryogenic engine seems to have ignited, but needs to be confirmed with further analysis
* The vernier engines added with the cryogenic engine seem to have failed losing control of the vehicle. Needs to be confirmed with data
* Within one year, we will launch once again.

His last statement is most important. :tup:

Yea this is from the initial analysis. The crucial postmortem of the data collected in the last few seconds of the 505 seconds is going to be crucial as to where the exact fault is. That will come out in couple of weeks. That is what i mentioned. Yes this is a failure mission. I did not say that its successful. But at least some parameters had been successful.

Vernier thrusters did not kick off but why? This is going to be crucial

They were so confident too. It looks like they focused too much on the cryogenic engines and maybe forgot the 15 millionth check about the verniers.

Well, atleast it does prove something. Contrary to what many uninformed people believe to be, ISRO developed this engine "indigenously" without any help or collaboration from any other countries!!

This failure shows us that we are trying and not just either blindly copying it (and then claiming that its an improvement on the original) or getting the technology from someplace else and trying to pass it as our own.

Kudos to ISRO for trying. From the ashes of this failure will rise a greater Phoenix!!

Btw, what do YOU understand by Verniers??

Koi na...Better tried and failed testing an indigenous product a 100 times than successful with a foreign product the first time.

first of all RIP GSLV

2nd, if i was indian and wanted to lie i would have said exactly the same thing as you but i want to tell you the truth i would refrain from calling this "ingeniously" developed.

cryogenic engines and technology to produce at home were supplied by russia.

Indian Missiles: Threat and Capability
India's quest for imports provoked a row with the United States in 1992. The Russian space agency tried to sell India advanced cryogenic engines for India's most ambitious space rocket, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV). The United States opposed the deal, rejecting India's argument that the engines were only suitable for space launchers. "If you can do space launches, you can do ballistic missiles," a Commerce Department analyst told the Risk Report. The analyst's stance is buttressed by a CIA report declassified in 1993. It said that a space launcher "could be converted relatively quickly by technologically advanced countries ... to a surface to surface missile."

Google news search
(preview only) (pay to view full articles)

india russia cryogenic - Google News Archive Search

(Russia has reassured India of its continued cooperation on the cryogenic technology transfer)

(Pay-Per-View - Atlanta Journal-Constitution - NewsBank - May 20, 1992
Washington said Russia's proposed sale of cryogenic engines to India violated the provisions of the Missile Technology Control Regime, an international)

(Russian rocket chief heads for visit in US
Ocala Star-Banner - Google News Archive - Aug 25, 1993
The deal with India for two cryogenic rocket engines, said to be worth million, ... to giving India sensitive technology, and threatened Russia with sanctions.)

(Devaluation of Russian reform
$2.95 - Washington Times - NewsBank - Aug 5, 1993
... cryogenic rocket engines and missile-related technology to India. ... On the same day, it acted to restrict foreign bank activity in Russia.)

RUSSIAN GIVES U.S. CHALLENGE ON AID - NYTimes.com
(In recent months Russia has come under American criticism for supplying cryogenic rocket engines to India, a modern submarine to Iran and other high-tech weaponry to China. Eliminating 'Suspicion')

this is only tip of ice berg of foreigner technology provided to india for this project and i think like a wise man credit must be due to where it is deserved.
Its like me saying. JF-17 is "indigenously" R&D by us when it is not.

LOLZ...10 9 8m 7 6 5 4 3 2 1....missile launche..then 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10....missiles falling down....lolzzzz...why indian missiles falls down...i think there might be taliban sitting on space...:rofl:
best of luck for next time...lolz

Yea this is from the initial analysis. The crucial postmortem of the data collected in the last few seconds of the 505 seconds is going to be crucial as to where the exact fault is. That will come out in couple of weeks. That is what i mentioned. Yes this is a failure mission. I did not say that its successful. But at least some parameters had been successful.

Vernier thrusters did not kick off but why? This is going to be crucial

bro I am not saying its 100% failure but the mission has failed as told by the ISRO chief. But valuable data have been received for post launch inquiry. Next time it will be a success.

About vernier thrusters, ISRO has a extremely advanced quality control as required by a space agency but some thing was wrong.

LOLZ...10 9 8m 7 6 5 4 3 2 1....missile launche..then 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10....missiles falling down....lolzzzz...why indian missiles falls down...i think there might be taliban sitting on space...:rofl:

right taliban sitting on space..thats the reason your country does not even try launching a space programme...:rofl:

grow up kiddo...:lol:

first of all RIP GSLV

2nd, if i was indian and wanted to lie i would have said exactly the same thing as you but i want to tell you the truth i would refrain from calling this "ingeniously" developed.

cryogenic engines and technology to produce at home were supplied by russia.

Indian Missiles: Threat and Capability
India's quest for imports provoked a row with the United States in 1992. The Russian space agency tried to sell India advanced cryogenic engines for India's most ambitious space rocket, the Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV). The United States opposed the deal, rejecting India's argument that the engines were only suitable for space launchers. "If you can do space launches, you can do ballistic missiles," a Commerce Department analyst told the Risk Report. The analyst's stance is buttressed by a CIA report declassified in 1993. It said that a space launcher "could be converted relatively quickly by technologically advanced countries ... to a surface to surface missile."

Google news search
(preview only) (pay to view full articles)

india russia cryogenic - Google News Archive Search

(Russia has reassured India of its continued cooperation on the cryogenic technology transfer)

(Pay-Per-View - Atlanta Journal-Constitution - NewsBank - May 20, 1992
Washington said Russia's proposed sale of cryogenic engines to India violated the provisions of the Missile Technology Control Regime, an international)

(Russian rocket chief heads for visit in US
Ocala Star-Banner - Google News Archive - Aug 25, 1993
The deal with India for two cryogenic rocket engines, said to be worth million, ... to giving India sensitive technology, and threatened Russia with sanctions.)

(Devaluation of Russian reform
$2.95 - Washington Times - NewsBank - Aug 5, 1993
... cryogenic rocket engines and missile-related technology to India. ... On the same day, it acted to restrict foreign bank activity in Russia.)

RUSSIAN GIVES U.S. CHALLENGE ON AID - NYTimes.com
(In recent months Russia has come under American criticism for supplying cryogenic rocket engines to India, a modern submarine to Iran and other high-tech weaponry to China. Eliminating 'Suspicion')

this is only tip of ice berg of foreigner technology provided to india for this project and i think like a wise man credit must be due to where it is deserved.
Its like me saying. JF-17 is "indigenously" R&D by us when it is not.

you are utterly bitterly wrong... man wats wit you guyz... how manyu times should we explain to you about our indegenisation?... god... either you are ignorant or trying to troll... anyways....:wave:

There is a saying in Punjabi commonly found written behind trucks on our side -
"Mach Na, Rees Kar!".

o bai robbie , ona nu ki samaj lagni ghotni punjabi .....:rofl::rofl:

@graphican = He meant , dont be jealous , follow us of u want to/can.
India_1280x960.jpg

Hail Mother India

we are not the one and only gaint like nasa have some failure

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one important note from another forum, only one country was successful with their first cryogenic engine flight! That was France. US, Japan also failed. ISRO will do it next time, like they did it earlier.

These things keep on Happening for Countries trying hard to be self-relient lets waite for nex tests, this won't end here or at next test , its an ongoing process! :)

o bai robbie , ona nu ki samaj lagni ghotni punjabi .....:rofl::rofl:

@graphican = He meant , dont be jealous , follow us of u want to/can.
India_1280x960.jpg

Hail Mother India

Follow the Failure:lol:

tusse apne motor tae chala lao ,phir sanoo naseitaan karyoo.;)

you guys don even kno wats space program means... you are mockin us as if you have colonoised pluto... try to mature first... your comments wont do us any harm.... we trust Isro.. Jai Ho:yahoo::flame::bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom