What's new

Indian couples seek ‘white’ donors for fair kids

Where did you originate from? the deserts of Arabia? Muslims were the reason why Britain could take over India because it was Muslims who collaborated with the English to fight against Indian kings. Tipu Sultan was an exception - Muslims were the one's who were favourable to the english and who didnt want them to leave - remember Muslim league? whose members never everwent to jail for the freedom movement.

It was because of Hindu kingdom infighting that british took over retard
If mughal had stayed no british could step in india

after mughals left, muslims just got some popcorn and watched the fun.

Pathetic Indian obsession with fair skin. Another trait of slavery in their blood.

Be proud of what you are - fair or dark. You are no less a human if you are dark.

india has historically been the most racist nation on earth'

the funny thing is they are racist against eachother

If this news is real i am very sad for those Indian couples. God made you beautiful, and designed you just the way you should be. I don't understand this fascination with fairness, it actually churns my stomach. Be proud of yourself, love who you are and where you come from.

For a country a culturally rich and diverse as India, i really am shocked to read about this. Fair&Lovely, Hair dye, Contact Lenses and now this... :(

If mughal had stayed no british could step in india

it was Jahangir who gave them permission to start a factory at Surat in Gujarat and forming east India company which ruled subcontinent for more than 100 years before being replaced by British crown

If this news is real i am very sad for those Indian couples. God made you beautiful, and designed you just the way you should be. I don't understand this fascination with fairness, it actually churns my stomach. Be proud of yourself, love who you are and where you come from.

For a country a culturally rich and diverse as India, i really am shocked to read about this. Fair&Lovely, Hair dye, Contact Lenses and now this... :(

Sad indeed...
But you have to take the historical context of this into account as well...

In the past, the poorer peasants and workers toiled in the sun leading to dark skin...while the richer landlords and elite would always appear fairer due to lack of exposure to the sun..
Hence the concept of fairness became equated with wealth....and continues to be so in an uneducated and largely poor india..

Why only india...even in the west, the concept of "blue bloods" stems from the fact that the ultra rich rulers were so away from the sun that their pale white skin would show their veins appearing to be blue to the eye bringing the concept to light....however this has obvioulsy changed with the west being largely educated and realizing what really matters is money and power...

A similar example would be obesity...in the past, a lean, muscular person was associated with being the "help" because the rich didnt have to move a muscle and hence were largely fat..
However this concept is changing in todays world and so will this issue of skin color...
But not before education reaches the masses...South Asians in general believe that social upliftment could be influenced by making their skin color lighter, however with education, these same folks will realize that there are other ways of self upliftment

PS: What is disturbing to me is the fact that educated and wealthy (in this case and might be an exception) are resorting to such behaviors...super dissappointing!

Just to correct you the word "couples" is wrong its just one couple. With some Indians getting rich I think they have money to spend on ridiculous thing. So just one couple out of billions....still a rare number, you will find people with psychiatric issues (identity loss) in every part of the world. Luckily its just a couple and not a ...

nice try but failed u poor endian wanna be whity :taz:
hehehe...dont be too much happy boom boom pakistani ..just tell me how many shiyas will be bombed in your holy land in coming weekend ? i would love to read with my evening green chai chillum chapati ...

Just to correct you the word "couples" is wrong its just one couple. With some Indians getting rich I think they have money to spend on ridiculous thing. So just one couple out of billions....still a rare number, you will find people with psychiatric issues (identity loss) in every part of the. Luckily its just a couple and not a ...

Many thanks for the correction, i can take some solace in that. Hey it's their life, but you should never forget your roots.

Yea, they have a name for those types.....Vitiligo or something.

If you're referring to albinos, I believe thats a real medical condition...I believe they just naturally lack melanin and are allergic to the sun because of this..

Lets not make fun of people with real problems...

Nope not albino nor vitiligo..My supervisor is a gora from UK...he is really pale and the kid is really white...Prob coz they lack melanocytes...

Sad indeed...
But you have to take the historical context of this into account as well...

In the past, the poorer peasants and workers toiled in the sun leading to dark skin...while the richer landlords and elite would always appear fairer due to lack of exposure to the sun..
Hence the concept of fairness became equated with wealth....and continues to be so in an uneducated and largely poor india..

Why only india...even in the west, the concept of "blue bloods" stems from the fact that the ultra rich rulers were so away from the sun that their pale white skin would show their veins appearing to be blue to the eye bringing the concept to light....however this has obvioulsy changed with the west being largely educated and realizing what really matters is money and power...

A similar example would be obesity...in the past, a lean, muscular person was associated with being the "help" because the rich didnt have to move a muscle and hence were largely fat..
However this concept is changing in todays world and so will this issue of skin color...
But not before education reaches the masses...South Asians in general believe that social upliftment could be influenced by making their skin color lighter, however with education, these same folks will realize that there are other ways of self upliftment

PS: What is disturbing to me is the fact that educated and wealthy (in this case and might be an exception) are resorting to such behaviors...super dissappointing!

WELL, even then in West the good looking is tall dark and handsome...not pale nor white...

However, fair enough...It is a complexity everywhere...I think it comes from the history where Africans were made slaves and hence the association of dark skins to slavery...and also the poor worked in the field and hence if you are dark you are from a poor background...

Back
Top Bottom