What's new

Indian couples seek ‘white’ donors for fair kids

WELL, even then in West the good looking is tall dark and handsome...not pale nor white...

As I stated in my post...in modern world...yes..
Tho historcially the pale white were revered as being "holy" or "royal"....one of the reasons why the elite in Britain and france painted themselves white to seperate themselves from the gentry...
This has since changed as have all concepts of beauty ...for example..heavier set women were considered sexy and "child bearing hips" aka big boned women were prized....not anymore as you can tell..

However, fair enough...It is a complexity everywhere...I think it comes from the history where Africans were made slaves and hence the association of dark skins to slavery...and also the poor worked in the field and hence if you are dark you are from a poor background...

African slavery began much later as a result of colonization and economic exploration....

The original concept has been true as per your second statement...

PS: Jews were the first slaves and there is no discrimination towards "jewish" characteristics because of the slavery aspect but more to do with them being money lenders in medieval europe when the church banned loaning with interest among christians...their money mindedness being a stereotype that has been the major reason for anti-semitism..
So I dont agree with your staement about dark skinned as being looked down upon because of african slavery..

Its none of my business to interfere in private lives of people. They should be free to do what they feel doing without any fear of judgement from others. Let them decide what is best for them. I am actually surprised that this news was published by well known Hindustan times and it seem they have nothing better to discuss

Maybe one day Indians will look like whites, but that emptiness in their hearts will still be there.

I think your hatred for Indians has reached its brim...time to do something about it...

As I stated in my post...in modern world...yes..
Tho historcially the pale white were revered as being "holy" or "royal"....one of the reasons why the elite in Britain and france painted themselves white to seperate themselves from the gentry...
This has since changed as have all concepts of beauty ...for example..heavier set women were considered sexy and "child bearing hips" aka big boned women were prized....not anymore as you can tell..

African slavery began much later as a result of colonization and economic exploration....

The original concept has been true as per your second statement...

PS: Jews were the first slaves and there is no discrimination towards "jewish" characteristics because of the slavery aspect but more to do with them being money lenders in medieval europe when the church banned loaning with interest among christians...their money mindedness being a stereotype that has been the major reason for anti-semitism..
So I dont agree with your staement about dark skinned as being looked down upon because of african slavery..

Well Mind you slavery in Africa has been older than the gora...Even the Egyptian pharaohs enslaved some Africans though they themselves were not soo fair :P

But whatever the case..it is old news no idea why people still stick to it!

Its none of my business to interfere in private lives of people. They should be free to do what they feel doing without any fear of judgement from others. Let them decide what is best for them. I am actually surprised that this news was published by well known Hindustan times and it seem they have nothing better to discuss

It's from a woman reporter and possibly she wanted to be the first one breaking news about a new trend that's about to start in India, the last line from this piece of news from her is what she probably is trying to emphasize.

I actually agree with you on the point of live and let live....it is NONE of our business..

But I also feel that any topic no matter how sensitive has to be discussed maturely....
The act itself is of very little significance...what is important though is the amount of value people place on skin color in the subcontinent as a means to social upliftment and that to me is wrong....
I cant speak for others, but in my opinion Indians should concentrate on more important things like education as means of social upliftment than spending on useless skin bleaching creams...

And that is the only reason why I commented on this topic...

Well Mind you slavery in Africa has been older than the gora...Even the Egyptian pharaohs enslaved some Africans though they themselves were not soo fair :P

But whatever the case..it is old news no idea why people still stick to it!

Well my dear, if you want to go that far....Slave trade and prostitution are probably the oldest professions in the world...though the former has just taken new shapes and forms...
Every civilization has had the concept of slaves mostly drawn from the local populace...

I actually agree with you on the point of live and let live....it is NONE of our business..

But I also feel that any topic no matter how sensitive has to be discussed maturely....
The act itself is of very little significance...what is important though is the amount of value people place on skin color in the subcontinent as a means to social upliftment and that to me is wrong....
I cant speak for others, but in my opinion Indians should concentrate on more important things like education as means of social upliftment than spending on useless skin bleaching creams...

And that is the only reason why I commented on this topic...

Well all people(not just desi) have different preferences for different races/color/skins. If a guy like fair skin girls and find them more attractive then there is nothing much we can do about it and same is the case if someone wish to have fair/white kids and these choices of people don't harm me in anyways so i don't feel the need to become moral police here. Many people would say here skin color don't matter but find white/fair girls more attractive than black guys/girls which is hypocrisy :)

Well all people(not just desi) have different preferences for different races/color/skins. If a guy like fair skin girls and find them more attractive then there is nothing much we can do and same is the case if someone wish to have fair/white kids and these choices of people don't harm me in anyways so i don't feel the need to become moral police here. Many people would say here skin color don't matter but find white/fair girls more attractive than black guys/girls which is hypocrisy :)

I actually prefer a sandy/olive tone or sawali as we call it in our language. This fair skin complex comes from i don't know where, i don't care. And i agree with your statement that it is their life and they can choose what they want to do.

I too don't understand the fair skin obsession.

I have a thing for Sri Lankan chicks and they're usually quite brown.

I actually prefer a sandy/olive tone or sawali as we call it in our language. This fair skin complex comes from i don't know where, i don't care. And i agree with your statement that it is their life and they can choose what they want to do.

Its natural for people to go after for something which they don't have. White girls wish to have tan skin and our girls try to stay out of the sun as much as possible k kali na ho jahein There are some people in all races(asians, latinos, white, black etc) who have skin tone complexes and i don't think its sane to take one example and apply it to everyone else

I don't understand.

Producing a baby with an white egg would spoil the gene poll wouldn't it?

I mean the maternal genes are much much stronger than the paternal ones.

Soon Indians would lost their identities if this practices become popular.

You probably don't want to do that, just ask the North American natives.

There is no one living pure blood NA native you can find in Canada or the US. A sad tale.

india has historically been the most racist nation on earth'

the funny thing is they are racist against eachother

They dont get it. Racism is in their religion. But you tell them and all of a sudden they climb the high pedestal of morality.

Its bitter but its true. Conquerors of India came from North West. Most of them were Afghans, Turks and Arabs and they were fair skinned. Then British came and they were also fair skinned. Even Indians of high caste are mostly fair skinned.

Fair skin has come to identify with the ruling class in India. While dark skin unfortunately is deemed to be for the working class.

Indians know that they are ugly, every indian would change his appearance if he had a option

Back
Top Bottom