What's new

Indian controversial " Map bill" over Kashmir

Huh...
You can research this.

I belong to India which belongs to pro India hindus, pro India sikhs, pro India muslims, pro India all other who live here. You can call me Sickular or whatever, but for me any party or organisation who survives on religion or caste politics are anti India. They are dividing this nation.

I belong to united Republic of India, you can keep that hindu rashtra in your chaddi, mate.

No one is saying it is not. India belongs to Muslims, Sikhsn Hindus, Jains, parsis, Atheists and people who believe in aliens as well..

THAT IS NOT WHAT WE WERE DISCUSSING...

You said Sanghi Chaddi's are not doing anything for Kashmir and pandits. And I countered it. Since your argument has been proved as a lie, you have now shifted the goal post.

You are a true Sickular. In fact you remind a lot of the langur who is residing in Delhi CM's house presenting himself as 'Chief Minister of India'.

Stop with your lies already.

No one is saying it is not. India belongs to Muslims, Sikhsn Hindus, Jains, parsis, Atheists and people who believe in aliens as well..

THAT IS NOT WHAT WE WERE DISCUSSING...

You said Sanghi Chaddi's are not doing anything for Kashmir and pandits. And I countered it. Since your argument has been proved as a lie, you have now shifted the goal post.

You are a true Sickular. In fact you remind a lot of the langur who is residing in Delhi CM's house presenting himself as 'Chief Minister of India'.

Stop with your lies already.
First, I merely mentioned the need of chaddis and sanghis in kashmir to counter anti India sentiments there and support for removing special status, article 370. You jumped straight on defending chaddis where I did not accused them of anything in my post. The guy you mentioned was dead in 1950 already, even if he contributed, I don't how he is relevant to the situation in hand.
Second, you accused me with remarks as intolerance, award wapsi, JNU drama without understanding what actually I was saying. So for your kind needs to understand the meaning of being tolerant.
Ab ki baar AAP ki sarkar. :lol:

No you fought their war, and now diverting their rivets, so I will let you have them .

By showing GB and Kashmir as part of India, won't change people's mindset.
Corsica has a always been shown as part of France, but Corsicans don't feel French and still want freedom.
Northern Ireland same. Always shown as part of Britain, but Irish still want freedom.
Sardinia and Sicily always shown ad parts of Italy,but if you call a Sicilian Italian, he will slap you.
Bilbao and northern Bach lands shown as part of Spain, but they want freedom.

Likewise it matttets not India shoes Kashmir as part of India.100 years from now, Kashmirus won't feel Indian just because they are in the map and will continue to want freedom from India's forced occupation

Normally I will not indulge in these fanciful triads.

You do bring some interesting facts to the table.

Freedom is earned. I could drill holes in all your examples.

I will say this : If freedom(or subjugation by Pakistan) is in the minds of Kashmir then no force will stop them. They are free to vote they are free to chose their leaders. They are free to open borders. You will be surprised by the open trade from Pakistan. Face the facts they do not want you. What do you have to offer that India does not provide? Kashmir has a market in India all Pakistan has given us is blood.

Feelings are mutual...

We don't kill people for eating a specific piece of food. That automatically makes our mindset better then yours, hands down.

Nope, you are in a country where school going children are charged with blasphemy law. How modern

Source please? Also, you live in a country where someone can be killed for eating a specific type of food.

pakistan should pass the same bill and ask china to do so. they are already giving different visas to kashmiris. by the way i support isis map of india( even though i dont support them). india again ruled by muslims for 20000 years this time.

India threatens fines, jail for maps showing Kashmir in Pakistan

After fighting several bloody wars, India and Pakistan have opened up a new front in the battle for Kashmir; it could be termed “the cartography conflict”.

India, it seems, fired the first shot when the Ministry of Home Affairs released a draft bill this month called the Geospatial Information Bill.

The bill, if passed, would make it mandatory to get Indian government permission before acquiring, publishing or distributing any geospatial information about India. It would cover everything from the maps used by Uber taxi drivers to Google maps.

It would make it an offence to publish any maps deemed to be incorrect — for example, to show the parts of Kashmir currently administered by Pakistan to be outside of India.

Offenders would face $20 million fines and seven-year jail terms.

Pakistan has returned fire by complaining to the UN.

Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry expressed “serious concern” about the bill, claiming India was violating international law. The ministry said the official map of India depicts the disputed territory of Jammu and Kashmir as part of India, which is “factually incorrect and legally untenable”.

India rejected the accusation, saying Pakistan had “no locus standi” because the bill was an “internal legislative matter”.

“The government firmly rejects Pakistan’s repeated and increasing attempts to impose on the international community matters that India has always been open to address bilaterally with Pakistan,” said Ministry of External Affairs spokesman Vikas Swarup.

A spokesman for India’s ruling BJP party Nalin Kohli told The Australian it considers “every inch of Jammu and Kashmir” to be a part of India. He said Pakistan had enough problems without meddling in Indian affairs.

Last year the Indian government took the news channel Al Jazeera off air for nearly a week, accusing it of showing maps that misrepresented the disputed border region of Kashmir.

Al Jazeera English hit back, accusing New Delhi’s government of “censorship”. Samina Yasmeen, a South Asia expert from the University of Western Australia, said India was taking a more aggressive approach to border disputes, just as China was doing with islands in the South China Sea.

“This is in the nature of states that go through that transition from being relatively insignificant internationally to being very significant,” she said.

“And what you end up doing is using your power, as a very strong emerging country, to really dictate how the world needs to look at certain issues.”

She said it did nothing to resolve the conflict.

“I don’t want to accuse India of imperialism, but I think it’s problematic,” she said. “As a smart, global power, India would be advised not to come up with these ideas because they don’t serve India’s interest as a global power and they definitely undermine the possibility of improving relations at the regional level.”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/4ef06b3e73d7788bba94f0d8709e82ab

Cant you guys live with what you have controlled and move on?

Does it make sense to include maps you actually really dont control nor can venture in? How long will we keep fooling our next generations?

Look drawing things doesn't change the ground realities so let them do what ever they want.

You see, after a while the ground realities take the course which looks eerily similar to the drawings if proper steps are not taken in time. If Pakistan does the same thing india will start thinking about maintaining at least the status quo and stop drawing one sided maps. If Pakistan does nothing, gradually the international community at large will start taking the indian map as the new status quo.

Does it make sense to include maps you actually really dont control nor can venture in? How long will we keep fooling our next generations?
Does that mean you accept the LOC as legitimate border and give up Srinagar for Indian control? For first time I heard of such Pakistani.

It is ... " as per their own claims " , one way or another :)
Yep....... we are..... For our nationals. That liberty is not for the outsiders.

We tried to reason that with Mr. Musharraf but you fail to understand the logic.... Not our fault.

Look drawing things doesn't change the ground realities so let them do what ever they want.

Yep, like your deeper than sea friend doing to SCS....
Maps draws before ages ...... Claiming the territory....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom