What's new

Indian commandos falling off their Dhuruv Helicopter

One of them died, we should not cheer the death of men in uniform.

RIP.

I don't respect any man in uniform who kill people without any rule.i don't support Indian army which is responsible for the blood of my brothers in kashmir.you can keep sympathy for them but if they kill my men,I will cheer on their death.no sympathy for enemy.

I don't respect any man in uniform who kill people without any rule.i don't support Indian army which is responsible for the blood of my brothers in kashmir.you can keep sympathy for them but if they kill my men,I will cheer on their death.no sympathy for enemy.
Don't blame soldiers but the policy makers and regime....don't you notice rising suicide rates of Indian soldiers in valley they are also human beings, joined forces to feed their families and to protect their motherland but baboozz sitting in Delhi made them slaves of officers who treat them like trash, no good food no respect...

Don't stoop to the level of enemy, men in uniform especially fallen ones must be respected and that is what I learned from seniors.

Don't blame soldiers but the policy makers and regime....don't you notice rising suicide rates of Indian soldiers in valley they are also human beings, joined forces to feed their families and to protect their motherland but baboozz sitting in Delhi made them slaves of officers who treat them like trash, no good food no respect...

Don't stoop to the level of enemy, men in uniform especially fallen ones must be respected and that is what I learned from seniors.

If you keep sympathy for your enemy, eventually they will defeat you.we have a long history of Muslims who kept sympathy for others.at the end of the day,they fall.you can't win against your enemy with this kind of sympathy.motherland? Kashmir is still disputed and there are graves without any names.they lost brothers sisters mother's.you can forget the blood of your brother but I can't.

If you keep sympathy for your enemy, eventually they will defeat you.we have a long history of Muslims who keep sympathy for others.at the end of the day,they fall.you can't win against your enemy with this kind of sympathy.motherland? Kashmir is still disputed and there are graves without any names.they lost brothers sisters mother's.you can forget the blood of your brother but I can't.
I respect your opinion but not agreed...We are Muslim and Islam forbade us cheering even enemy's death...

I rest my case,

Regards.

There can be no peace in Hell. We are not allowed to send well wishes to any dead non-Muslims.
Playing God arent we. How do you know that they will go to hell. Did Allah Almighty tell you??
Everyone will die some day.
Let's show some decency.
Patience is a virtue needed most when tested.
Otherwise any one can claim to be a steadfast forbearing one!

If you keep sympathy for your enemy, eventually they will defeat you.we have a long history of Muslims who kept sympathy for others.at the end of the day,they fall.you can't win against your enemy with this kind of sympathy.motherland? Kashmir is still disputed and there are graves without any names.they lost brothers sisters mother's.you can forget the blood of your brother but I can't.

Totally wrong analysis of Islamic History. It was never showing sympathy which destroyed Muslims but indulging in worldly pleasures, arrogance, laziness, self praise, in fight, division, in competence, corruption, etc.
These are our real enemies.
Sympathy and mercy is sign of true faith. Thats why our Prophet is called Mercy for all mankind.

Playing God arent we. How do you know that they will go to hell. Did Allah Almighty tell you??
Everyone will die some day.
Let's show some decency.
Patience is a virtue needed most when tested.
Otherwise any one can claim to be a steadfast forbearing one!

This is part of the teachings of Islam. If someone has died on Kufr, i.e., in a state where the generally well known information was that he is a Kafir, then we are not allowed to pray for his forgiveness or otherwise wish him well.

Everyone here is forgetting one thing. WHY did the casting break and WHO inspects, supplies and approves these parts for assembly into Indian army helicopters (HAL is the manufacturer of these helis).

The casting for the load-bearing winch housing that broke is supposed to be made of Aluminium Alloy 7075 (Mixture of ZINC with ALUMINIUM). From the image, it's very clear that there is too much ZINC in it which corroded the part weakening it to nothing (and the fiberglass support next to it as well). I am amazed that this part passed inspection before being installed in a helicopter in this critical function (winch). From the looks of it - the winch support also looks very badly designed (no gussets inside or outside which could have proven far more effective against a break - even if using the same low quality alloy that was apparently used). I'm sorry guys - I have no respect for HAL's design capability any more - much less manufactured items. And they should sue their vendor immediately for damages.

Inspection of a pressure die-cast part like this can be done using various non-destructive techniques such as radiographic (x-ray), ultrasonic, eddy current and pulsed infrared thermography to detect flaws (I certainly hope the part wasn't sand-cast like a man-hole cover!). These days several new ways of finding faults in aluminium pressure die-castings also exist:
  1. Using image segmentation method for porosity detection
  2. Using potentio-dynamic polarization test to characterize the corrosion performance of an alloy
Even without using the non-destructive techniques I mentioned above, HAL should've used destructive techniques such as actual forced pulls to see how much load the part could take. That is possible in any country, however non-technical.

In any case - without getting into the weeds, we can surmise that quality assurance royally failed just by looking at the break of the housing which is completely corroded. So much for vaunted high-tech missile capability - if you have parts fail like this, then you better ensure that three-four items are covering for one in any given scenario.

From the video, it seemed the rappeling down was going fine until two soldiers (then three) put so much pressure into the winch weight-wise that the housing failed. If the winch was not designed for the weight of three fully-equipped soldiers, why did three get on the rope at the same time? Clearly a lapse in training as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom