What's new

Indian chopper forced to land in Olding, Pakistan, after violating airspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly

They should have listened to what we on PDF forum are telling them that they are not Americans and not to try anything stupid.

Now their aircrew is our guest. The captured officers will be kept at the officers mess and looked after by the batmen while ISI will grill them once they have had their evening tea.

Genius,
Why would anyone try Abbotabad with a light helicopter

exactly

They should have listened to what we on PDF forum are telling them that they are not Americans and not to try anything stupid.

Now their aircrew is our guest. The captured officers will be kept at the officers mess and looked after by the batmen while ISI will grill them once they have had their evening tea.

Sir u were a think tank and now a mod. do u think that with one obsolete non attack heli we would like to do an abbotabad:shocked:

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

webbie asked me to moderate mil. forums - particularly the aviation forum-- i think a couple of months back

being unbiased aint easy but i am trying :angel:

You are nice and one of my favourite

According to the Pakistan Army, an Indian military helicopter that violated Pakistani airspace near the Line of Control in Kargil sector in Gilgit-Baltistan, Pakistan was forced to land near Olding, Pakistan after being intercepted by Pakistan Air Force fighter jets. The helicopter has been impounded and all four Indian military personnel on board have been taken into custody by the Pakistan Army.

Wolf crying Wolf. The Indian media often accuse China of has "violating" Indian airspace but India is doing exactly that by violating Pakistani Airspace.

I am sure the Indian media will keep quiet on the subject of their helicopter violating Pakistani airspace.

Something like this, which happened to an Indian Fighter jet also.

scan0001-14.jpg

A jet against a heli in Skardu area?

The Indian Cheetah helicopter is from the 666 Siachen Falcons Squadron.

exactly

But on a serious note i think soon you may see Political govt's pressure on military to release them , you know Mr Zardari and the influence US exercise on him ...believe me his phone would have been started to ring as soon as the incident was made public ...Remember the air-space violation by IAF in 2008 and how Mr Zardari was justifying their act . It wouldn't be surprising if a corrupt govt like this is going to release the violaters under the tag of "peace keeping effort" or "good relation gesture"

exactly

Irfan Bahi, I am sure you know how an Indian Canary sings. ;)

19 pages in a matter of hours!......i am impressed.....Anyways it can be anything, Technical disturbance, bad weather, a usuall recon flight gone wrong...........I think nor GoP and neither PA would like to escalate the things, the pilots may be returned as a good gesture, platform, I am not sure about that.

Can any one please eaborate; these questions:

1. What is the nearest PAF air base to skardu with active pilots and jets in ready to fly state for interception.
2. Which fighter jets PAF might have use, as (F16 are far away in sargodha and jacobabad).
3. Could it be JF17 from peshawar squadron?

A video from NDTV

Last edited by a moderator:
IBN7 reporting:> Jald riha ho sakte hai Bhartiya Pilot

Was the heli belonging to the army aviation corp or the IAF.I am a bit worried because one of my cousins is an IAF cheetah pilot based in Leh.

19 pages in a matter of hours!......i am impressed.....Anyways it can be anything, Technical disturbance, bad weather, a usuall recon flight gone wrong...........I think nor GoP and neither PA would like to escalate the things, the pilots may be returned as a good gesture, platform, I am not sure about that.

But 25 km inside a hostile territory is not a joke. it needs some taking to do that ,can't be done un-knowingly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom