What's new

Indian Brahmos missle crashes in Mian Channo

For a layman like me, this event would bring in a lot of information...

Like i know that the next time, or in event of a war, indian CMs will not come straight towards the target, but may fly laterally, maybe deceiving us that they will go to Karachi (south), but then can and will surely veer 90 deg into Pak towards its real target.

One of likely corridor or path of their CMs has now been identified.

One or maybe two possible targets of indian CMs have now been identified as well.

Its RCS, flying profile...apart from whatever is quoted on open source.....has been seen live by all our assets, so we now really know what it means and seems like to track a Brahmos. There is always a reason that they conduct these tests in Bay of Bengal, instead of some place near Pakistan.

This missile had no warhead, so broke on impact due to KE. Now, for some professionals, that is enough. It will be analyzed, its materials, composites, guidance.....whatever little can be salvaged.....for us, the missile is useless, but for professionals, its no less than a treasure.

The intelligence, apart from points mentioned above, is immense.

Yea it might be mistake on my part that I would think sane and rational thought would be more prevalent than a hormone fueled teenage emotion of a tit for tat response without any consideration of the consequences especially when the other side has apologized and accepted their mistake. These are the exact people who on 26th Feb were making such hue and cry of why we did not respond. This kind of limited thinking and to be honest has spread widely within Pakistan mainly due to sub par education which does not focus on critical thinking but rather memorization of words and numbers.

I want to know did the Americans responded immediately to the Iranian missile strikes or are they waiting and accessing the situation even though Iranians fired with intent which is missing here ? Sometimes I think we are lucky that at least in Armed forces this kind of critical thinking is there at least on military operational level, in R&D not so much but that is a topic for some other post.
Had iran fired missiles targeting mainland America, American response would have been totally diffrent.
What if India misfire missiles with nuclear warhead hitting lahore, will we retaliate immediately or we will assess the damage then will decide our reaponse? 🤔

I think we are lucky that at least in Armed forces this kind of critical thinking is there at least on military operational level, in R&D not so much but that is a topic for some other post.

The difference is that we, the keyboard warriors, can get away with any kind of wild opinions, we hold and express; but those, in the position of decision making, don't have this luxury. So they have to be calculating, cautious and careful.

Im not mastan lol.

Change your "avatar". :lol:

They will not, and if they do, you will 100% see a retaliation.
giphy.gif
giphy (1).gif

Had iran fired missiles targeting mainland America, American response would have been totally diffrent.
What if India misfire missiles with nuclear warhead hitting lahore, will we retaliate immediately or we will assess the damage then will decide our reaponse? 🤔
First we will check "intent" .

First of all the missiles hit their embassy which is under construction which mean they technically hit American soil. So you are trying to make a distinction which does not exist. And you forgot the intent part. Iranians fired from their soil to the American soil but they are still accessing the situation ... the reason is because no loss of life was reported although part of the compound is destroyed.

What if India misfire missiles with nuclear warhead hitting lahore, will we retaliate immediately or we will assess the damage then will decide our reaponse?
🤔
Nuclear warhead is not a fire cracker but you are using it as Indians themselves don't consider it a big deal which is not correct. They are fully aware of MAD doctrine and there are no mistakes in nuclear realm only actions and reactions. We have protocols in place by the Strategic Command which will respond if faced with a nuclear aggression from an adversary. In case of nuclear aggression no one waits for an explanation and response is sent. But we are not stupid enough to think every single missile coming our way will be nuclear. We maintain full spectrum nuclear deterrence with second strike capability so it does not really matter if they strike first we have fully ability to strike back and cause misery just like they can.

The difference is that we, the keyboard warriors, can get away with any kind of wild opinions, we hold and express; but those, in the position of decision making, don't have this luxury. So they have to be calculating, cautious and careful.

Change your "avatar". :lol:
Yea exactly. I mean people here think they are these mastermind strategist who understand all details and issues in wider scope of things. I mean playing few red alert games doesn't make you war strategist or reading about missile specs makes you an expert in the field. I find it humorous yet I feed sad with this behavior of machoism from some elements of Pakistani awam.

Looking at the reaction and chest thumping by Bakhtoras reminds me of 26.2.2019.....how Indians were ready to conquer the world that day but just 24 hours later they all disappeared like a fart in the wind.
One just needs to look at the body language of PM and services chiefs on the day of J-10 induction ceremony (11 March....36 hours after the missile incident) to read between the lines.
Let the Indians first expire all their lame excuses before the reality bites.
Indeed. Look at the recent Indian failures vis-à-vis Pak:
  • Failure in Afganistan
  • Failure with proxy terrorists
  • Failure with the domestic traitors in politics, media, business etc.
  • Failure with military options

Like i know that the next time, or in event of a war, indian CMs will not come straight towards the target, but may fly laterally, maybe deceiving us that they will go to Karachi (south), but then can and will surely veer 90 deg into Pak towards its real target.

One or maybe two possible targets of indian CMs have now been identified as well.

Its RCS, flying profile...apart from whatever is quoted on open source.....has been seen live by all our assets, so we now really know what it means and seems like to track a Brahmos. There is always a reason that they conduct these tests in Bay of Bengal, instead of some place near Pakistan.

This missile had no warhead, so broke on impact due to KE. Now, for some professionals, that is enough. It will be analyzed, its materials, composites, guidance.....whatever little can be salvaged.....for us, the missile is useless, but for professionals, its no less than a treasure.

Are you saying it was not shot down, but came down on it on?

This is not the first time that India deliberately fire Brahmos missile in Pakistan. First the fired two after 27/02 near abandoned nuclear facilities but Govt decided not to public it and now after acquiring J-10 they feel threatened and the did it again,
@PanzerKiel

We should retaliate in proper way.
Guess the most silent observer in this thread?

It's Mr. @PanzerKiel . Who would have better knowledge of what really happened and how things would turn out to be eventually! But strange silence 🤐 is at least frustrating for members here. Don't know if it's embarrassment or something else keeping him quiet. Not even a word of assurance 😔😏

The world media has now picked up the story, as the saying goes, ''Ball is now in India's court''.

A nuclear scenario in the sub-continent is no fun. According to an MIT study done during Bush Jr term, the entire world will be extremely adversely affected. Now, India has found herself in an extremely tight spot. She has lots of explanation to make to the folks she gets favors from....

Are you saying it was not shot down, but came down on it on?
Lets keep a lid on that.

Guess the most silent observer in this thread?

It's Mr. @PanzerKiel . Who would have better knowledge of what really happened and how things would turn out to be eventually! But strange silence 🤐 is at least frustrating for members here. Don't know if it's embarrassment or something else keeping him quiet. Not even a word of assurance 😔😏
I cant divulge something just to give assurance. If people trust their armed forces, thats all the assurance one requires...otherwise, no kind of assurance can assure anyone.

@PanzerKiel

Sir,
how long till in current situation Indian Armed forces will be able to maintain operational readiness and what does it relate to spares logistical issues no India is facing now and in future.

is it true in 2-3 months Indian armed fprces will face critical spares shortage which will collapse there serviceability levels to mere 30-35% even worse for the Indian air force.

there dependency on 90% Russian Hardware in armed forces surely will impact on there strategic plans.

so..you as a professional do understand where i am going.

so enlighten us ..why this missile strike,, why now? what is next?

Do you expect this March (Month) will end quietly.

Lets keep a lid on that.

I cant divulge something just to give assurance. If people trust their armed forces, thats all the assurance one requires...otherwise, no kind of assurance can assure anyone.
Thats just send shivers into the spine.....its that bad!

@PanzerKiel

Sir,
how long till in current situation Indian Armed forces will be able to maintain operational readiness and what does it relate to spares logistical issues no India is facing now and in future.

is it true in 2-3 months Indian armed fprces will face critical spares shortage which will collapse there serviceability levels to mere 30-35% even worse for the Indian air force.

there dependency on 90% Russian Hardware in armed forces surely will impact on there strategic plans.

so..you as a professional do understand where i am going.

so enlighten us ..why this missile strike,, why now? what is next?

Do you expect this March (Month) will end quietly.
Lets accept that it was really a mistake from their side.

March...no, it wont end this easily....both domestically and regionally.

Btw, am a big fan of Black Swan Theory.

If Pakistan wanted to make India sweat it out a bit more on this incident - it should have closed its airspace immediately - doing that would mean this news becomes global ... and the world would have known that India cannot manage basic SOP around cruise missiles that have a strategic dimension to them.

It does seem like Pakistan is allowing India to "move on" far easier than if the situation was reversed ..... a more sensible approach by Pakistan would have been to close down its airspace for a day or 2 until the explanation was provided. A non kinetic response that would have amplififed the significance of what India had done on a global stage..

What were the Indians thinking?

Sir Jee: Many of the PDF posters have a faith on you, for some reason; so I would advise you, to come up, again and again, with this prudent message. Many, particularly younger posters, fail to realize that Pakistan Armed Forces are there to ensure the security of Pakistan, and not to satisfy our psychological and emotional demands.

Back
Top Bottom