What's new

Indian border forces kill 60-year-old 'Pakistani' woman for 'trespassing'

What would a Pakistani soldier do if someone ignores repeated warnings and tries to cross one of the worlds most dangerous borders into Pakistan ??
Who told you she was warned before shooting her down? BSF?

They just shoot if anyone comes under their range.

Who told you she was warned before shooting her down? BSF?

They just shoot if anyone comes under their range.
I think, you would do the same if you are guarding one of the worlds most dangerous borders where your life is constantly under threat and you've to be constantly at your wits end....a slight misjudgement and you'll not only be killed but your body will be mutilated.

Indiana are trigger happy, nothing else, uncontrolled actions are always the realm of minds entrenched with fear, never heard of a 60 year old women shot by rangers when intruding into pakistan...

Last edited by a moderator:
What would a Pakistani soldier do if someone ignores repeated warnings and tries to cross one of the worlds most dangerous borders into Pakistan ??

Minor: Apprehend
Young Man: Shoot Him Dead
Young Woman: Apprehend
Middle Aged Man: Shoot Him Dead
Middle Aged Woman: Apprehend
Old Man: Apprehend
Old Woman: Apprehend

During my time at LOC we've apprehended plenty of young men as well, so this isn't set in stone. Usually we don't shoot at civilians as a matter of principle because it hurts our credibility. It has to be a real issue for someone to open fire on civilians. For example in the Quetta Case where the FC fired at 5 Chechans, they were pursued for nearly 20km before finally being confronted at a picket. Even then, they were warned for about 30 minutes before finally they were shot dead and even then it was a huge fiasco.

3am at night. Face covered, walking towards Indian side from Pakistan. Not suspicious at all. How can anyone see who is coming?

Probably suffered from dementia or something. Don't know about face covered and all but seeing as the Sialkot border is triple fenced and around 15 feet high with a no-man's land littered with razor wire, I think the BSF could have waited it out to see if she actually posed a threat.

Like so:
1042404755.jpg

Probably suffered from dementia or something. Don't know about face covered and all but seeing as the Sialkot border is triple fenced and around 15 feet high with a no-man's land littered with razor wire, I think the BSF could have waited it out to see if she actually posed a threat.

Like so:
1042404755.jpg
Yeah, probably. Anyway sorry for the lady.
Last time, BSF came under fire for the lack of security along border, resulting in pathankot terrorist attack.

Heat signature of a burka clad women at 3 am must have been something like this.
infrared-2.jpg

And when the suspect didn't stopped even after repeated warnings, the bsf did what they are supposed to do.

Predator-460.jpg

Unless it was this, I think they could have trusted that the fence will hold them back.

Yeah, probably. Anyway sorry for the lady.
Last time, BSF came under fire for the lack of security along border, resulting in pathankot terrorist attack.

There's that and also the fact that the BSF has never been put on the spot for these killings. They have a terrible record on the Bangladesh Border as well, no terrorists coming from there though.

These indian people blind with hate old lady seems threat to them.
*Mod Edit: Language*

Can't imagine the protocol being any different. Only the simple-minded will call it a cruel murder.

Predator-460.jpg

Unless it was this, I think they could have trusted that the fence will hold them back.

There's that and also the fact that the BSF has never been put on the spot for these killings. They have a terrible record on the Bangladesh Border as well, no terrorists coming from there though.
The fence is atleast 100 meters inside the international border..and in some places even more and some bsf posts are beyond the fence.

The fence is atleast 100 meters inside the international border..and in some places even more and some bsf posts are beyond the fence.

There are no BSF posts beyond the fence in Sialkot.

There are no BSF posts beyond the fence in Sialkot.
Ok, don't know about Sialkot area but bsf patrols beyond the fence everywhere..and just read the OP again and nowhere it says it was a post. It could be a patrol party.

Minor: Apprehend
Young Man: Shoot Him Dead
Young Woman: Apprehend
Middle Aged Man: Shoot Him Dead
Middle Aged Woman: Apprehend
Old Man: Apprehend
Old Woman: Apprehend

During my time at LOC we've apprehended plenty of young men as well, so this isn't set in stone. Usually we don't shoot at civilians as a matter of principle because it hurts our credibility. It has to be a real issue for someone to open fire on civilians. For example in the Quetta Case where the FC fired at 5 Chechans, they were pursued for nearly 20km before finally being confronted at a picket. Even then, they were warned for about 30 minutes before finally they were shot dead and even then it was a huge fiasco.
How would you know who is who?
I don't know what was the exact situation there but you do know that terrorists wear burkas to deceive and also use women and children as cannon fodders, don't you?

Contrary to what you're saying, I remember one incident where Pakistani FC personnel killed two or three burka clad women when they approached their check-post ignoring repeated warning or due to miscommunication........I don't have a link of that incident right now, if you insist, I can search for that.

Ok, don't know about Sialkot area but bsf patrols beyond the fence everywhere..and just read the OP again and nowhere it says it was a post. It could be a patrol party.

It was most likely a patrol.

Back
Top Bottom