What's new

Indian Bollywood mocks Tamil struggle in "Madras Cafe". Chola Revival!

According to your theory all are native to Africa only. lol
I didn't mention "Sri Lankans" native to Sri Lanka.

You said Sinhala are a race and you know that's plain rubbish, and you also know you said that because of political reasons.

Sri Lankans native to Sri Lanka is actually a fair statement, but you did not say that, you invented a race called Sinhala and claimed they are native to sri lanka.

Please mate, you are more reasonable than that.

Rivisionism is the way to so when reality doesn't support your racial superiority theory.

Forget the odd idiot but I don't think Sinhala consider themselves ''racially superior''. They are fairly chilled out.

Its just a movie. It may be as accurate as our high school history text books.

You said Sinhala are a race and you know that's plain rubbish, and you also know you said that because of political reasons.

Sri Lankans native to Sri Lanka is actually a fair statement, but you did not say that, you invented a race called Sinhala and claimed they are native to sri lanka.

Ok do it why not the Sinhala race or any damn thing is not native to Sri Lanka? Do you believe every ancestor of Sinhalese came from some damn place from India? If you do prove it.

Forget the odd idiot but I don't think Sinhala consider themselves ''racially superior''. They are fairly chilled out.

This is non of your business. Please do not poke nose into other country's issues. Please go and break the Indian union into more smaller states instead.

I don't know who started this debate, just corrected the statement made by an Indian member.

Sinhala race is native only to Lanka.

How shamelessly you LIE, the original natives were the Veddas a proto Dravidians (the name vedda itself is Tamil origin)

dambana_veddas_2000.jpg

Sri Lanka's indigenous inhabitants, the Veddas -- or Wanniya-laeto ('forest-dwellers') as they call themselves -- preserve a direct line of descent from the island's original Neolithic community dating from at least 16,000 BC and probably far earlier according to current scientific opinion

http://vedda.org/

Distortion of Lankan history was a clever ploy to fool the world just like a Lion fathered the Sinhala race,

Back to the truth - its a fact Sinhalas kings had to form alliance with Pandyas for their survival not vice versa .

thug Vijaya, who founded the Sinhala royal lineage, wanted to marry into a royal Pandya family and sent pearls and gems to the Pandya king to ask for a princess for himself and women for his followers. The Pandya king obliged and made Vijaya a vassal of the Pandya king.

Ok do it why not the Sinhala race or any damn thing is not native to Sri Lanka? Do you believe every ancestor of Sinhalese came from some damn place from India? If you do prove it..

your politicians seem to differ or do you need me help trace your roots ?? Portuguese, Dutch or Arab sailor ??....

An apparent statement by the Sri Lankan High Commissioner, Prasad Kariyawasam, that the majority Sinhalese, too, were of Indian descent has riled the hardliners among the pro-Lankan Tamil parties, who sought action, including slapping sedition charges and deportation. - See more at: Lankan envoy’s Sinhala remarks trigger a storm - Indian Express

How shamelessly you LIE, the original natives were the Veddas a proto Dravidians (the name vedda itself is Tamil origin)

failed!!! Veddas community starts from Vijaya's son and daughter. As a result of incestuous relationship between brother and sister!

your politicians seem to differ or do you need me help trace your roots ?? Portuguese, Dutch or Arab sailor ??....

Oh now you are taking the ambassador's statement to be the actual history. This gives away your sense of historical facts.

dambana_veddas_2000.jpg

Sri Lanka's Vedda forest dwelling people

How vedda being a proto Dravidians? if they do surely Sinhalese becomes proto Dravidians too :P

BTW Sabaru is a another Sinhala for vedda. Is it has any Tamil origin :P (explain the Tamil origin in Vedda word too please)

Distortion of Lankan history was a clever ploy to fool the world just like a Lion fathered the Sinhala race,

Back to the truth - its a fact Sinhalas kings had to form alliance with Pandyas for their survival not vice versa .

Pot calling kettle black. Is it the Sinhalese who believe in flying houses and talking monkeys?

thug Vijaya, who founded the Sinhala royal lineage, wanted to marry into a royal Pandya family and sent pearls and gems to the Pandya king to ask for a princess for himself and women for his followers. The Pandya king obliged and made Vijaya a vassal of the Pandya king.

Vijaya's line was broken by Pandukhabaya.

I think you got mixed up everything. Australian, American titles can obtain by anyone. Sri Lankan title is the same anyone who get citizenship become a "Sri Lankan". But changing the race thing is difficult.

Our original race is "Hela", which also include the meaning of native to island. Sinhala means Siv + Hela. Siv means 4 and it describes the 4 "hela" group of the island.

Veddas belong to Hela groups too!

That is the problem with some of you Srilankan members - you guys do not provide a direct answer - The question is whether Veddas are aboriginals of Sri Lanka vs the convenient history written stating that Veddas are descendants of Vijaya but born out of incest relationship.

Good there are some NGOs based on some archaeological evidences has started to burst the myth of the Veddas being descendants from Vijaya.

I think you got mixed up everything. Australian, American titles can obtain by anyone. Sri Lankan title is the same anyone who get citizenship become a "Sri Lankan". But changing the race thing is difficult.

Our original race is "Hela", which also include the meaning of native to island. Sinhala means Siv + Hela. Siv means 4 and it describes the 4 "hela" group of the island.

I'm aware of various apocryphal thoeries about sinhala. None of them tell us how they are a race.

haha okay then may I ask you a question? what's the race of "Sinhalese"? :P

Nice try. My refusal to get into the murky waters of race debate, right from whether it exists, whats the definition to the various apocryphal stories about the origin of the Sinhala DOES not prove Sinhala are a race.

You made that claim.

Here's some interesting data here, no matter how interpreted, the separate race theory remains elusive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Sinhalese

Back
Top Bottom