What's new

Indian artists decline participation in art show in Israel.

kobiraaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
A group of Indian artists, invited to an art show in Israel, today declined to be part of the exhibition as part of their “academic and cultural boycott of Israel” and express solidarity with Palestinian artists and intellectuals.

“By declining to participate in this show, we refuse to legitimise the illegal and apartheid policies of the Israeli government against the people of Palestine and to become a part of ”Brand Israel”,” a statement from the artists said.

The artists who refused to be part of the art show “Deconstructing India” included Nalini Malini, Anita Dube, Amar Kanwar, Sakshi Gupta and Pushpamala N.

Artists Vivian Sundram, Ram Rahman and Gauri Gill and art scholars Geeta Kapoor and Nuzhat Kazmi are among others who have supported the move of the artists.

“Deconstructing India” is supposed to take place in early 2012 at the newly built wing of Tel Aviv Museum designed by American architect Preston Scott Cohen.

According to the protesting artists, the show is planned to be a showpiece for the “discredited Israeli government to increase its status and prestige internationally”

http://gazatvnews.com/2011/08/indian-artists-decline-participation-in-art-show-in-israel/

How is this going to solve the Palestinian problem? Although it is thier induvidual choice to boycott, I hope they would not bring India into this. India and Israel have great relationship and hope this relationship continues. I personally admire Israel

A group of Indian artists, invited to an art show in Israel, today declined to be part of the exhibition as part of their “academic and cultural boycott of Israel” and express solidarity with Palestinian artists and intellectuals.

“By declining to participate in this show, we refuse to legitimise the illegal and apartheid policies of the Israeli government against the people of Palestine and to become a part of ”Brand Israel”,” a statement from the artists said.

Indian artists decline participation in art show in Israel. |  | Gaza TV News

How ill informed these artist (sic) are..? They call it "apartheid" :what:
I wonder where is Arunditi Roy..? How come this publicity crazy Roy missed this oppertunity .:cry: ?

To all the so called artists : U ppl have no sense and don't know how to protest. U people could have highlighted the plight of the palestenians on Israeli soil itself. That would have been a master stroke.

ps. personally I think that palestenians/Hamas have blown off too many bombs and the real issue have been lost decades ago.

Aren't they free to choose? why some of you are so critical of them?

Choose... ??? No body is forcing them...... They can always drop their name from the list...
But why this 3rd rate Nautanki....? Were they insecure that someone else will go in their place.

Back
Top Bottom