What's new

Indian artists decline participation in art show in Israel.

Atlast we saw some broad mind Artist in India

You have no idea how many 'broad minded' artists we have. Not to mention are the hard core anti-Israeli politicians. For example one of the conditions set by Communists to join the first UPA govt was the termination of Indo-Israeli military cooperation, but it fizzled out. May be the army told them to mind their own business and leave matters relating to guns to them.

Even if invited, why go to Israel to take part and then make a mockery of the whole issue.

I find it very amusing that all of a sudden indians are against liberals and secularists just because they have a anti israeli and pro palestinian stance.

"Indian artists decline participation in art show in Israel" : What has this to do with Indian Defence?
Respect their decision if they don't want to go but on the other hand no ones forcing them to go either.

I thought indians supported liberalism/secularism or was that all just a facade??

I find it very amusing that all of a sudden indians are against liberals and secularists just because they have a anti israeli and pro palestinian stance.

I am sure we would also find it wrong if they went to Pakistan and abused the Pakistanis on their soil!

I don't think it is correct to abuse one's host after accepting the host's invitation.

It has nothing to do with secularism or liberalism.

Just good manners.

mezbaan ke ghar me unka beizzati karna that's what they did. :/ .. . they could've better not accepted the invite.

These artists are not left leaning liberals. Thay are just Congress leaning Digvijay Singh wannabes !!

No need to be critical of these artists or abuse them. Indian official policy supports an independent Palestinian nation. These people have done nothing wrong by showing solidarity with the Palestinian people. I am of the view that India's support for the Palestinian cause can coexist with its friendship with Israel. It has for all these years. The Palestinian cause is genuine and so is our friendship with Israel. The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive though recently there has been an attempt to make it so as evident from some reactions here. And anyway, it is their personal choice whether they wish to go or not. How does that make them losers?

Someone asked why Arundhati is missing from all this? I did not know that she was an artist. Or maybe she was not invited.

we must have a balanced relation between israel and palestine.we must support a palestine state along with a soverign israel.refusal to participate is purely their decision,we must respect that.

Back
Top Bottom