What's new

Indian army will never carry out coup, ex-Army chief

And that is how it always should be..
The army is bound by the Constitution which is for the people..
Even if the people still bank on electables by communal,ethnic or ancestral allegiance and end up electing the wrong guys from time to time.. education will reverse that trend.

A military government solves nothing except giving a select few power WITHOUT any accountability of their qualifications or actions.
It is also impossible in India for a military takeover because there are no more feudal in India..
nothing to forward the mindset of people who can do and get away with anything without at some point being held accountable.

The question is always.. WHAT IF ! What if a man of decorated arms decides he wants to throw the constitution out of the window, take control of the nation through his command and his allies in the military...... The constitution is juts a book at the end of the day .

Indian army and top generals are scared of running a country and performing a coup. That the reality.

You do realize that that's exactly the way it should be in all developing and mature nations?

The question is always.. WHAT IF ! What if a man of decorated arms decides he wants to throw the constitution out of the window, take control of the nation through his command and his allies in the military...... The constitution is juts a book at the end of the day .

From my experience as an army brat- this was years and years ago, I have no current insight- IA officers at all levels always considered themselves to be fundamentally and implicitly 'inferior' to the political elites in the power equation, even if they looked down on politicians (and most 'bloody civilians').

In fact I'd go so far as to say that if IA officers even ever thought about it (very debatable), they would consider a coup to be totally absurd, way beyond their skill set, in fact way above and beyond their 'aukat' even.

So I have a hard time imagining even a 'what if'.

Back
Top Bottom