What's new

Indian Army wants Six months to smash terror infrastructure in Pakistani Kashmir

Leave it to the Professionals ; they are the Best judges of the situation
What professionals say about Baramulla attack ? Were the attacking guys same which were killed in "sir ji kal" strikes ?

I am talking about the Article ; my views are based on the above news article

Most importantly there is a Political willingness and backing to the Indian Armed forces
which was not present before

And Modi has Lots of time left till 2019 ; He will respond to every provocation
very firmly

This is only saber rattling from a right wing government that came to power on a right wing agenda, hence has to appease the masses by pulling off such stunts. However, the blowback and failure seems to be not part of the calculation, which seems to be quite unlike the usual moves and policy from the Indian side. hasty maneuvers I believe.

Whereas Pakistan needs perhpas a decade or so to smash Indian terrorist infrastructure established in Afghanistan right now.

Indians have become a real expert in establishing terrorist infrastrucutre and exporting cros-border terrorism in the neighboring countries. More than half a century of experience!

It wont be easy for Pakistan to destroy those "cultrual centres" aka terrorism breeding schools in Afghanistan!

That means the so called cease fire agreement is effectively dumped now.

Good for us.

I am talking about the Article ; my views are based on the above news article

Most importantly there is a Political willingness and backing to the Indian Armed forces
which was not present before

And Modi has Lots of time left till 2019 ; He will respond to every provocation
very firmly
Chutia like you in your country would always live in delusions, four days gone no evidence presented, stfu.

What professionals say about Baramulla attack ? Were the attacking guys same which were killed in "sir ji kal" strikes ?
BSF soldier was killed by friendly fire
Media reports say
And DG BSF says don't know where fire came from
Seems like hanuman army was in action again :p :D

NEW DELHI: India's armed forces+ have told the political executive that only a sustained six-month campaign will seriously damage the terror infrastructure in Pakistani Kashmir(Azad Kashmir).

Top military officers, speaking off record, told ET that after India went public with itssurgical strikes+ across theLine of Control (LoC) last week, the armed forces brass had told the government that off and on strikes will not damage terrorists' capabilities, and a medium-term plan is needed.

Armed forces' senior-most strategists have also told the government that the country should be prepared for repercussions in Kashmir — there was a terrorist attack on a Border Security Force-Army camp in Baramulla+ on Sunday — as well as terrorist attacks elsewhere.

Good opportunity for action

Armed forces' strategists also said a determined campaign is needed to target launch pads for such attacks.

A top army officer said: "We have to look at a sustained campaign. The terror network is on the back foot, but to really achieve something, we have to look at a medium-term plan, a six-month campaign. A one-off event will not deter them."

India's generals are of the view that Pakistan-based and sponsored terror handlers will attempt to push in more terrorists in the coming weeks to seek 'revenge' for India's surgical strikes.

Master.jpg

Therefore, more terrorist launch pads are likely to come up in Azad Kashmir. These need to be neutralised, India's military brass feels. Armed forces' top officers have also told the government that the declared strike across LoC means India will have to up its game on Kashmir security, both beefing up the manning of the border as well as smarter political approaches in the Valley that include "credible healing touches".

The brass feels demoralisation among groups in the Valley that help terrorists presents a good opportunity for further action. "We have the opportunity right now. Everyone is geared up and we have a much stronger hold on LoC than the other side.

This is the time to make an actual difference that will deter cross-border terror support," another top army officer said. India's military and intelligence assessment is that Azad Kashmir hosts over 40 terror training camps.

These are located deep inside Azad Kashmir. There are also around 50 launch pads, hosting more than 200 terrorists, close to LoC on the Azad Kashmir side. These sites are protected by the Pakistan Army.
Sadly the political leadership is unlikely to sanction such a well formulated long/medium term plan (even though this is what has been desperately needed).

As far as they are concerned these surgical strikes have served their purpose and I'm not sure how much weight they will place in actually "fixing" the Kashmir problem.

Just my opinion, I would love to be proven wrong but to me it seems like the de facto position of any GoI is to maintain the status quo that largely favours India.

We need damn UCAV drones:mad::mad:.

Get Rustom out on the road. Finish procurement of Predator drones from USA.
Won't solve a thing. Such assets would not solve anything.

Sadly the political leadership is unlikely to sanction such a well formulated long/medium term plan (even though this is what has been desperately needed).

As far as they are concerned these surgical strikes have served their purpose and I'm not sure how much weight they will place in actually "fixing" the Kashmir problem.

Just my opinion, I would love to be proven wrong but to me it seems like the de facto position of any GoI is to maintain the status quo that largely favours India.

Won't solve a thing. Such assets would not solve anything.

This matter is not going to end here ; it will lead to bigger things

Even after 6 months they need more years to come with something ... by that time there might me more URI type incidents as freedom fighters are not going to stop at thing less than complete indian army withdrawal from Kashmir

Back
Top Bottom