What's new

Indian army running short of ammunition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paan Singh

BANNED
Reaction score
New Delhi: The India army is seriously short of ammunition, and in the event of war, it may run out of stocks in two days. This has been highlighted in a letter written by Army Chief General VK Singh to Defence Minister AK Antony, reported by the Indian Express.
It also warns of shortages in artillery and air defence ammunition and says that the blacklisting of firms has contributed to the situation.
With reports hinting at cuts in defence spending in the next budget, the army may well see further degradation of its capability.
army_chief_singh_age.jpg

This comes even as China has announced that it will increase its military spending by 11.2 per cent in 2012. According to an official spokesperson, China will spend nearly 106.4 billion dollars on defence in 2012. The country has witnessed double-digit rises in the defence budget across the last two decades.

Indian army running short of ammunition: General VK Singh - India News - IBNLive

VK that was very joyfull for chinese and pakistanis.........really VK you made there day
On Topic:Indian Army will surely buy it from giving money to those who despirately needs.....specially Europe:D

This is weird with most sources saying defence budget will increase 10% this year and some saying it will be cut.

well, V.K. singh is one of the most clever generals army has seen. i suppose, to stop cuts in defence spending in the next budget, he has given this statement. we may have shortage of ammu but we can sustain a war at least for a month.(don't have any sources i'm even not an expert but only 2 days!! that seems impossible..very hard to believe.

well, V.K. singh is one of the most clever generals army has seen. i suppose, to stop cuts in defence spending in the next budget, he has given this statement. we may have shortage of ammu but we can sustain a war at least for a month.(don't have any sources i'm even not an expert but only 2 days!! that seems impossible..very hard to believe.

Maybe the Indian persons in charge of procurement have reached higher levels of incompetence. But anyway I would have to say that either the Indian army chief is a liar or if he is telling the truth maybe this is why the Indian army was so ineffective when Bombay was attacked??

Maybe the Indian persons in charge of procurement have reached higher levels of incompetence. But anyway I would have to say that either the Indian army chief is a liar or if he is telling the truth maybe this is why the Indian army was so ineffective when Bombay was attacked??

From a premium member I would have expected more- the IA had very little to do in action in Mumbai, they rarely get involved in internal security matters and during 26/11 they were only deployed in very small numbers and did not see any action.

This is the COAS trying to clear up a few issues before he leaves, a little sensationalised to get politicians worried enough to take action.

From a premium member I would have expected more- the IA had very little to do in action in Mumbai, they rarely get involved in internal security matters and during 26/11 they were only deployed in very small numbers and did not see any action.

This is the COAS trying to clear up a few issues before he leaves, a little sensationalised to get politicians worried enough to take action.

Mate he was either a liar or Indian procurement is not very good. You choose??

sorry dont have time to elaborate the above post.its easy to understand

What Indian army chief is a liar or Indians are incompetent at procurement?? too hard to choose??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom