What's new

Indian Army reworks war doctrine for Pakistan, China

I don't know what the excitement is with the "Indian' Cold start "doctrine". It seems to be nothing more than a native version of the Soviet OMGs (Operational Maneuver Groups). NOthing original or breathtaking

man the only thing i can say is that you seriously need to watch some videos of nukes and try to read some thing called radiation and nuclear winter

secondly

i am not saying India attack Pakistan without any reason...India should never attack Pakistan..

But (some bad element in Pakistan power or army) if someone ends up doing or tries to do something to India which is very very Bad and harmful for India.. I mean if the provocation comes from Pakistan, and the kind of which cannot be tolerated...

what do u think...will it not be justified for India to attack Pakistan or will India not be forced to attack Pakistan(conventional-- limited or full scale depends upon the situation though for India the priority will be limited war)...??

So that is what i say that i want bad elements to stay away from power in Pakistan and instead want some good politicians and better army generals to be in power... who can lead the country to development and progress....

p.s: i am not saying attack without reason.. i do not want any war...
But the question is WHAT IF THE PROVOCATION IS NOT FROM INDIA BUT PAKISTAN..??? AND A KIND OF PROVOCATIO WHICH IS JUST OVER THE HEAD/WHICH CANNOT BE TOLERATED...???THAN WHAT..???

Last edited:
Come on don't change the topic at hand we were discussing about Indian military doctrine not Pakistan's attacking India.Of course if we use nukes you will use them too.and secondly I am not saying that you fire a bullet and i will fire a nuke all i am saying is that don't think that a limited war will remain a limited one.You could think that you haven't crossed the nuclear threshold but other side could think that you have.so why risk it?

^^I am not saying that you fire a bullet and i will fire a nuke all i am saying is that don't think that a limited war will remain a limited one.You could think that you haven't crossed the nuclear threshold but other side could think that you have.so why risk it?

that is what i am saying...!!!!
otherside should not use it..!!!!

Why will the other side use it when it knows India will not use it and that the war will only be a conventional from India side..??
doesnt it know the harmful effects of it..??

seconldy answer my post no 32 above....

Come on don't change the topic at hand we were discussing about Indian military doctrine not Pakistan's attacking India.Of course if we use nukes you will use them too.and secondly I am not saying that you fire a bullet and i will fire a nuke all i am saying is that don't think that a limited war will remain a limited one.You could think that you haven't crossed the nuclear threshold but other side could think that you have.so why risk it?

hmm..
as for the doctrine you took it wrongly..
it is not to be used for attacking Pakistan without any reason....It is not meant to be used as a provocation from Indian side....

It will be used only if some untolerable Provocation(s) comes from Pakistan first(see post no 32)...

otherwise it will not be used coz India doesnt want to attack Pakistan first or without provocation....

Last edited:
OK as far as provocation coming from Pakistan and then you implementing this doctrine.ok now what will happen is a chain reaction.ok suppose we provoke you and you implement you r limited warfare doctrine destroy something etc etc.now you are now done with your action.now a reaction will come i mean our army destroying something yours and then another reaction coming from you and again destroying somethings and in turn it will turn into a chain reaction that will end with the use of nuclear weapons and destruction.this will happen if you implement your doctrine.The call for limited warfare is a fundamental flaw in your doctrine.

OK as far as provocation coming from Pakistan and then you implementing this doctrine.ok now what will happen is a chain reaction.ok suppose we provoke you and you implement you r limited warfare doctrine destroy something etc etc.now you are now done with your action.now a reaction will come i mean our army destroying something yours and then another reaction coming from you and again destroying somethings and in turn it will turn into a chain reaction that will end with the use of nuclear weapons and destruction.this will happen if you implement your doctrine.The call for limited warfare is a fundamental flaw in your doctrine.

Dude understand this, the job of armies is prepare for any possible threat at time of peace, so they are doing it. What is wrong with this, they will not sell vegetables in market right?

Now having a doctrine and suggesting to go for war are 2 different things entirely, but looking at comments of members here gives me feeling that they fail to understand it.

India has no policy to attack Pakistan or any other country (do not throw in the history), this is what it is.

About some nuclear fan-boys. good that you release your frustration on this forum, because no matter what you want to believe these weapons are just for deterrent and very remote possibility of being used in this century. These are high maintenance toys, you cannot use, but if you do not have them others can attack.

thinks dont happen the way u r saying..!!! if that were the case no war(not a sinlge war) in this world would have ever stopped/ever stop till one of the two countries is finished from this world..!!!!

guys the problem is that we haven't seen any conflict between two nuclear nations and when that happens i think many members will reconsider.

guys the problem is that we haven't seen any conflict between two nuclear nations and when that happens i think many members will reconsider.

you forget kargil... and yes when the conflict does happen...there will be no point in thinking because it will already be underway..!!!! and u and me cant do anything at that point..!!!!!

Ok it looks like your whole limited thing is based upon the kargil experience then well i can only say that although history can give an idea but cannot predict future.It is not necessary that if nukes were not used in kargil they will also not be used in the future.good luck then with your limited war thing and pray that it does not turns into full fledge because after that nothing will remain.

Ok it looks like your whole limited thing is based upon the kargil experience then well i can only say that although history can give an idea but cannot predict future.It is not necessary that if nukes were not used in kargil they will also not be used in the future.good luck then with your limited war thing and pray that it does not turns into full fledge because after that nothing will remain.

Agreed, nothing can be ruled out, but what is surprising is that some people discuss it as if it will be so easy to drop one. That is what I am pointing out, it will be not used on first day or week of war, it will be at least 1month of conflict before coming to that stage since everyone will try to avoid it. The feeling I am getting that few member feel it can be dropped at will. Also before we get to the minimum 1 month scenario, world will make sure the war stops, so very little possibility of nuclear war, the country dropping it has to provide very solid reason for doing so. Something like major city is in danger, huge loss etc.

1.China should attack Pakistan and destroy it because China is Buddhist and Pakistan is Islamic and Muslims are Arch Enemies of Buddhists.

2.I would personally love to see Muslims getting massacred by People's Liberation Army troops.

1.Truth is buddhism has one of its pillars as non-voilence and you are talking about voilence.

2.Personally I would love it if God gives You some brains or better if GOI puts fanatics like you to rest

China should attack Pakistan and destroy it because China is Buddhist and Pakistan is Islamic and Muslims are Arch Enemies of Buddhists.

I would personally love to see Muslims getting massacred by People's Liberation Army troops.

Stop hating people based on religion, you need some counseling for sure.
Read forum rules or get ready for Ban.

Back
Top Bottom