What's new

Indian Army organizes Iftar party

Idk what you're talking about. This is muzlamic as it gets.

View attachment 923905
tu rehn de

go ask around in Kashmiri mujh circles what "Dadhi waali fauj" is ;)

FrBCFJmWIAESURJ.jpg

images
1681052845340.jpeg

also urdu and koshur speakers/readers..

then there's also Garud and Marcos

and snipped down there for cloak and dagger ops contingency/denial.

anyway, the whole K issue gets touchy here.. best I tread carefully

so I'll leave this as is and not engage further.

From left B Seth on his tag, probably a Hindu, second guy most likely a Hindu with all the threads on his wrist, third a Sikh surely, then the other 2, no idea.

Indians being secular and a multi cultural bunch, surprisingly view muslims as a stereotype with as kaajal in the eye, ending every sentence with janaab wanaab and sporting a taweez.
I don't normally talk about this so as not to offend people but their religion is weak, As in it's followers have little to no conviction. The only religious conviction they exists when juxtaposed with Islam. It rests solely on its opposition to Islam. It gets strengthened during tensions like the dehli riots etc. Take away that and what is their religious identity? Holi and Diwali?

They can't counter Islam so their best bet is some deen-e-ilaahi shit.

I don't normally talk about this so as not to offend people but their religion is weak, As in it's followers have little to no conviction. The only religious conviction they exists when juxtaposed with Islam. It rests solely on its opposition to Islam. It gets strengthened during tensions like the dehli riots etc. Take away that and what is their religious identity? Holi and Diwali?

They can't counter Islam so their best bet is some deen-e-ilaahi shit.
Indian army is a very secular institution. They usually don't have temples or gurudwaras or mosques and churches. Instead they have multi-faith facilities called Sarva Dharma Sthal where religious festivals of the major religions are observed. Unlike in Pakistan, the Indian army has always had strong representation from minority religions so it makes no sense to use religious identity to motivate the troops.

Even in the Sikh regiment ( the only regiment recruiting primarily from one religion), while the majority of the troops are Sikhs, the officers can be Hindu, Muslim, Christian or Buddhist as well.

Yes, that is a Sikh. The guy on his right is a Lt General and the right most , wearing the white cap, is a Brigadier.
Then what's going on? That's not namaz/salah. I am genuinely surprised.

Then what's going on? That's not namaz/salah. I am genuinely surprised.
Like I said earlier, this is probably a gathering at a SDS ( Sarva Dharma Sthal) where all the officers and troops, irrespective of religion, are assembled to pay their respects and wish each other. The Indian army, especially the officer corp, prides itself on being secular - much like the Turkish army of old before Erdogan carried out his purges.

tu rehn de

go ask around in Kashmiri mujh circles what "Dadhi waali fauj" is ;)

FrBCFJmWIAESURJ.jpg

images
View attachment 923911

also urdu and koshur speakers/readers..

then there's also Garud and Marcos

and snipped down there for cloak and dagger ops contingency/denial.
Yaar tu to serious hi go gya.

anyway, the whole K issue gets touchy here.. best I tread carefully

so I'll leave this as is and not engage further.
That's probably a good idea. Enjoy your freedom. :D

are assembled to pay their respects and wish each other.
that must be it.

Because even if they pray under a single roof (the religious permissibility is debatable), you can't have namaz with non-muslims in the saf / row/file

Because even if they pray under a single roof (the religious permissibility is debatable), you can't have namaz with non-muslims in the saf / row/file
Not sure about the religious aspects, but this is probably a corps level gathering, based on the presence of a three star general, and a maulvi is probably involved in the proceedings. Individual units usually won't have maulvis assigned unless the number of Muslim troops is substantial.

Giving iftar parties by non Muslims is actually quite common and not restricted to the Indian Army. Even many BJP politicians organise iftar parties.

Not sure about the religious aspects, but this is probably a corps level gathering, based on the presence of a three star general, and a maulvi is probably involved in the proceedings. Individual units usually won't have maulvis assigned unless the number of Muslim troops is substantial.

Giving iftar parties by non Muslims is actually quite common and not restricted to the Indian Army. Even many BJP politicians organise iftar parties.

It's different in Pakistan. People usually ask one to chant "Go Nawaz Go" and "Jai Shri Niazi" before extending any charity or commencing any religious activity. Lately anti Pak Army slogans have replaced religious chants.

Some say it's a new religion. Tigerism.

I'm not one to knock what other people believe in religious terms, but this is a joke. A Sikh in front and center, half of them aren't even holding their hands in front of themselves properly. Even the massive gaps between the soldiers while praying is absolutely ridiculous. They can't even claim covid restrictions because none of these retards are wearing a mask.

This was 100% a photo op, and not an actual pray. I would hazard a guess and say even the iftar was nothing more than a propaganda show, and the soldiers probably weren't even fasting in the first place (though this last part is pure speculation).

Pure stupidity.

Last edited:
It's different in Pakistan. People usually ask one to chant "Go Nawaz Go" and "Jai Shri Niazi" before extending any charity or commencing any religious activity. Lately anti Pak Army slogans have replaced religious chants.

Some say it's a new religion. Tigerism.
I think because Pakistan is a theocratic state, most Pakistanis cannot even comprehend the idea of a secular country or institution where no one really cares what your religion is.

Contrary to the narrative built in Pakistan about Hindu India being the great enemy of Islam, the truth is that the Indian military is remarkably non-religious and meritocratic. For instance, none of the three most famous Indian generals involved in the victory in the 1971 war was Hindu. Gen Sam Maneckshaw, the chief, was a Parsi. Gen Aurora, the eastern army commander who accepted Gen Niazi's surrender, was Sikh and Gen Jacob, the chief of staff, who flew to Dhaka to negotiate the surrender terms with Niazi, was a Jew. While the Muslim officers joining the armed forces has been largely confined to a few military families, there has been no discrimination and Air Chief Marshal Latif did achieve the highest rank and became air chief. The vast majority of Pakistani awaam , which has been taught to look at everything through the prism of religion, would probably consider this tokenism and propoganda, but the fact is that, despite the odd incidents of religious conflicts involving the not well educated and poor sections of Indian society, India is largely a successful modern secular state.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom