What's new

Indian army offers Lanka technical assistance

The tamils will veto any such arrangement. Get ready to see more protests from the tamil brigade.

Good to see, seems like we have lot to learn from one another

They already do..

Cormorant Strike exercise

In coming years (20-30 years), Sri Lanka Being an Island Country needs to develop a strong marine force and amphibious warfare capacity. with majority being commando force capable of operating in anti Piracy and anti naval ops. Much like the JMSDF. An a marine corps like force.

Army power needs to be transferred to Navy. and SL will need Helicopter carriers and with Sea King Helos. Fighters, I believe to operate in a marine-cum-ground environment Mig-29s, Boeing AV-8B Harrier II, F/A-18E/F Super Hornet Multi Role Strike Fighter are Ideal.

Not so aware of hardware procurements.. But as far as marine commando's and special forces go SLN have been in operation for decades now both with SBS (Special Boats Squadron) and the RABS (Rapid Action Boats Squadron), Along with the specialized indeginuous high speed arrow boat units

Highly successful amphibian special forces

The official website of Sri Lanka Navy

Sri Lanka Navy - Amphibious

Special Boat Squadron (Sri Lanka) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They already do..

Cormorant Strike exercise

Not so aware of hardware procurements.. But as far as marine commando's and special forces go SLN have been in operation for decades now both with SBS (Special Boats Squadron) and the RABS (Rapid Action Boats Squadron), Along with the specialized indeginuous high speed arrow boat units

Highly successful amphibian special forces

The official website of Sri Lanka Navy

Sri Lanka Navy - Amphibious

Special Boat Squadron (Sri Lanka) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes it is obvious that Srilanka will have to have strong navy and commando force as the threats will be non conventional and the threats to the Island Nation may not be that many but the sea going assets can fall under threat from pirates and other Rouge entities.

I presume 5, one for each naval area, destroyers, 2000 t to 4000 t, anti sub capacities, one-two (diesel-elec) subs. and on land air strips to take out sea based targets. and the Aircrafts must be proven to work in marine Environment. sea air causes tremendous degradation of equipment.

They already do..

Highly successful amphibian special
So they do jungle warfare exercises?
What about special ops?
Are they good or just for formality? I mean compared to other popular exercises

So they do jungle warfare exercises?
What about special ops?
Are they good or just for formality? I mean compared to other popular exercises

Both special ops units of the SL army and SL navy are considered most battle hardened in the world because of experience in real conflict for long period.. Most of their training methods and operations are indigenous.. So there are many SF's from around the world keen to share that knowledge, Especially since these units are from the armed force that exterminated a major terrorist group in recent memory

So yeah many SF units from the Asia Pacific, Africa and South America take part in these

Both special ops units of the SL army and SL navy are considered most battle hardened in the world because of experience in real conflict for long period.. Most of their training methods and operations are indigenous.. So there are many SF's from around the world keen to share that knowledge, Especially since these units are from the armed force that exterminated a major terrorist group in recent memory

So yeah many SF units from the Asia Pacific, Africa and South America take part in these
I am specifically talking about India Lankan exercise

Oh ok.. I think that is called
Thanks
Btw only 4th!
Anyway good initiative,
Hope Sri lanka buy some good jets F16/J10/Mig35/Gripen/Jf17 so that in future we can see some good air exercises :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom