What's new

Indian Army moving more Troops towards LOC

why deploy army?
I think it's good decision to deploy army at the time period of infiltration...BSF can take position back in winters.

Trying to save my job :) . Sunday, cable TV not working so was doing some timepass. Hope you guys are doing great there :cheers:
yeah i visited naval base in Mumbai..got a look at sindurakshak...And lot major activities:azn:

Reports suggest that IA is replacing BSF posts to curb infiltration.
does that mean even IA does not buy the BSF glory stories coming out every other day?-:lol:-
thats shameful and ridiculous- :lol:-

does that mean even IA does not buy the BSF glory stories coming out every other day?-:lol:-
JAMMU: Extending ceasefire violations to Samba district, Pakistan troops heavily shelled and fired upon 40 Border Out Posts (BoPs) and 24 villages along the international border in Jammu and Samba districts, leaving three persons injured.

BSF troops gave a befitting reply by responding strongly with equal caliber weapons to Pakistan's firing which resulted in heavy exchange of fire, which continued till 7am, a BSF officer said.

"Pak Rangers resorted to heavy firing of small and automatic weapons and shelling of mortars bombs on 35 to 40 BoPs and civilian areas along IB in Arnia and R S Pura sub-sectors of Jammu district from 2130 hours last night" the officer said.

This is the first time that Pakistani Rangers have extended the ceasefire violation to Samba district.

Pakistan targeted BoPs and Border hamlets along IB in Arnia, R Pura, Kanachak, Akhnoor sub-sectors of Jammu district and Ramgarh sector of Samba district.

As per the official reports, Pakistan also targeted 24 border villages throughout the night till Monday morning.

"Although there was no human loss, three civilians have been injured in shelling. They included two people in Flora village and and one in Khothar besides injuries to cattle in Jora Farm area in R S Pura belt," sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), R S Pura, Devender Singh said.

READ ALSO: Army's ammunition won't last 20 days of war

Pakistani rangers rained 52mm and 82mm mortar shells apart from using LMGs, MMGs and automatic weapons on at least 40 BoPs and 24 border hamlets triggering panic and fear among the people living along the border in Jammu and Samba districts.

There have been 21 ceasefire violations in less then a fortnight and 23 in the month of August.

Since July 16, there have been 33 ceasefire violations. Meanwhile, BJP national president Amit Shah and MoS PMO Jitendra Singh are visiting people who have migrated from border hamlets and are put up in safe shelters in R S Pura on Monday.

Omar wants talks to continue

J&K chief minister Omar Abdullah on Sunday controversially linked the shelling of border villages by Pakistan to the calling off of the foreign secretary-level talks between the two countries by the Narendra Modi government.

A desperate Omar, perhaps trying to offset anti-incumbency in state elections later this year, appeared to bat for the separatists while telling reporters here soon after returning from a holiday in London, "I hope there is some rethink on this (calling off of talks with Pakistan)."

A villager walks past marks on the wall of a house caused by mortar rounds fired from the Pakistan side of the border at Treva village in Arnia sector of Jammu on August 24, 2014. (AP photo)

Ceasefire violations cost lives

Four militants, whose identity is yet to be ascertained, and a soldier were killed on Sunday in an encounter near the line of control in Kupwara district of Jammu & Kashmir.

"Four militants have been killed in an operation in Kalaroos area of Kupwara district," an Army spokesman said here.

One soldier Naik Neeraj Kumar who was injured during the operation and later airlifted to 92 Base hospital in Srinagar, succumbed, he said.

(With inputs from PTI)

Read what your think tank has to say about this,

Off course.

Most likely, PA Regulars will take front line positions and Pak Rangers will fall back. That is SOP when the enemy deploys their regulars, Pak Rangers are not equipped or trained to take on IA Regulars.

BSF doesn't carry heavy weapons!!! They are deployed for anti-insurgency, they cannot reply to heavy artillery firing.

Use little of your unused brain

will Pakistan take any Counter Measures ?
@Aeronaut

I believe that they already have. Zee News is reporting that Zaid Hamid is being deployed to the border and that the Indian Chief of Staff and all Indian Generals were summonsed to the PM's offices as a result. I believe that India is considering immediate surrender and capitulation to all of Pakistan's demands before Zaid Hamid gets on his white steed to head towards the Red Fort. Stay tuned for more ground breaking news from the border :undecided:

BSF doesn't carry heavy weapons!!! They are deployed for anti-insurgency, they cannot reply to heavy artillery firing.

Use little of your unused brain

Lol- if you use your non existence mind- Pak Rangers doesnt carry heavy weapons aswell-

Read what your think tank has to say about this,
i know what he said-
The question is why was the need to change BSF?- behold the daily dose of glory stories- in reality were they actually failing against Pak Rangers?-

The biggest Pakistani contribution to the JF-17 is an attitude control, part of the avionics setup.

It is essentially a gyroscope with a closed loop control system. I have a WWII era attitude control on my desk as a paper weight.
Go look up the interviews on the JF-17.. and then comment.. or I will personally permanently shut you up for trolling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom