What's new

Indian Army grapples with arms, gear shortage

@Abingdonboy IA recruit their own priests (of all religions), I don't think they are necessary for IA.
So, does many other unnecessary staff.
In fact IA is shameful blot on a professional force , who still follows Batman system, which are discarded by IAF, IN & all over the world.

Further strengthening my claims of inapt-ability of current govt is following news , this indeed is worse than UPA , they are playing with country's security. RSS and its lackeys are hitting country hard.

No mention of defence outlay in Arun Jaitley’s Union Budget | union-budget$top | Hindustan Times

More strength to my claim this indeed is UPA3 govt , 4 % defense budget hike not even covering inflation and dollar price rise.
Budget 2016: Disappointing 4.8% hike in defence allocation, for first time pension bill added - The Economic Times

More strength to my claim this indeed is UPA3 govt , 4 % defense budget hike not even covering inflation and dollar price rise.
Budget 2016: Disappointing 4.8% hike in defence allocation, for first time pension bill added - The Economic Times
IF the military can utilise all of their allocation properly then it will equate to quite a massive increase in defence spending in real terms. What is the point in allocating more when the military is simply going to end up returning billions at the end of the year?

IF the military can utilise all of their allocation properly then it will equate to quite a massive increase in defence spending in real terms. What is the point in allocating more when the military is simply going to end up returning billions at the end of the year?

Its not armed forces who failed to spend , MOD is responsible here with its bad decision making and bureaucracy.

Its not armed forces who failed to spend , MOD is responsible here with its bad decision making and bureaucracy.
Why does the IN and IAF manage to spend more of their allocation and the IA consistently falls behind? The MoD and babus have their role but one can't keep making excuses for the IA, everything points to endemic failures of leadership/vision where the IA is concenred. Why exactly is the IA the most backwards force even though it has a larger budget then both of the IN and IAF COMBINED?

@anant_s @Levina @nair @MilSpec @PARIKRAMA @ranjeet @ni8mare @Manindra

@Abingdonboy IA recruit their own priests (of all religions), I don't think they are necessary for IA.
So, does many other unnecessary staff.
In fact IA is shameful blot on a professional force , who still follows Batman system, which are discarded by IAF, IN & all over the world.

Good point that further highlights how backwards the IA still is.

Why does the IN and IAF manage to spend more of their allocation and the IA consistently falls behind? The MoD and babus have their role but one can't keep making excuses for the IA, everything points to endemic failures of leadership/vision where the IA is concenred. Why exactly is the IA the most backwards force even though it has a larger budget then both of the IN and IAF COMBINED?

@anant_s @Levina @nair @MilSpec @PARIKRAMA @ranjeet @ni8mare @Manindra

Good point that further highlights how backwards the IA still is.

major culprit is planning.
See MMRCA for example, IAF did whatever it could by conducting test trials in time in an efficient manner, however when it came to taking commercial and financial decisions, we found how much of a mess bureaucratic was (& sadly still is) in.
Allocating funds is one thing, but the fact remains purchases by IAF will always be the costliest ones and therefore if due care and diligence is not given during entire process of procurement, we will keep seeing this never ending sage of efforts going waste.:(

major culprit is planning.
See MMRCA for example, IAF did whatever it could by conducting test trials in time in an efficient manner, however when it came to taking commercial and financial decisions, we found how much of a mess bureaucratic was (& sadly still is) in.
Allocating funds is one thing, but the fact remains purchases by IAF will always be the costliest ones and therefore if due care and diligence is not given during entire process of procurement, we will keep seeing this never ending sage of efforts going waste.:(
The MMRCA still blows my mind; the IAF did everything perfectly (were praised by all sides- even losing contenders, not a hint of wrongdoing and other countries even examined the IAF's selection model) and then the MoD/DM completely screwed the entire process up (FUBAR).

There surely is a special place in hell for those babus and the "Saint".

Back
Top Bottom