What's new

Indian Airforce A-50 EI Spotted

In present configuration for IOC, LCA is 4 generation aircraft.But for FOC it will have 4.5 generation features.Like

Supercruise capability,AESA radar Elta-2052.

Till then IAF need Su-30MKI in Sufficient number.

And Also LCA will be Multi-role Aircraft And Su-30 will be the TOtal-air
dominance aircraft.

Yet is being inducted in numbers 20...........wanna elaborate upon that? Frankly the fact that the IAF had to Buy in replacements for the last 10-15 years at a cost of billions says more for the quality of the LCA.

You can argue that the plane was a learning process but please try not to tell me that it is anywhere in the same class as the eurofighter or Rafale because that is a bit more bs than i can take

Yet is being inducted in numbers 20...........wanna elaborate upon that? Frankly the fact that the IAF had to Buy in replacements for the last 10-15 years at a cost of billions says more for the quality of the LCA.

You can argue that the plane was a learning process but please try not to tell me that it is anywhere in the same class as the eurofighter or Rafale because that is a bit more bs than i can take

Key boss no way LCA is superior to typhoon or rafale. The whole concept of MRCA is to replace the MiG27/29, Mirage2k and Jags. The LCA is supposed to replace Bisons

Key boss no way LCA is superior to typhoon or rafale. The whole concept of MRCA is to replace the MiG27/29, Mirage2k and Jags. The LCA is supposed to replace Bisons

I know that........

you know that......

But it appears the member LCA does not, hence my post.

Now where this super cruise word came in? which engine you are reffering too will give that? IAF has already rejected the Snecma offer for there help in kaveri. It's a good decision. I never heard GE414 or EJ200 which are in competition for engines in LCA MK2 are capable of super cruising. Please correct me if I am wrong

For LCA MK2 IAF need engine of 95-100KN thrust.
And if weight of present LCA is not increase much then with this thrust LCA MK2 should achieve Supercruise capability ,like Gripen NG.

And thrust for

GE414:98KN
EJ2000:90 KN but for LCA MK2 and EF Tranche 3 it will be much bigger.

And if you know something about supercruise capability then please share with us.

For LCA MK2 IAF need engine of 95-100KN thrust.
And if weight of present LCA is not increase much then with this thrust LCA MK2 should achieve Supercruise capability ,like Gripen NG.

And thrust for

GE414:98KN
EJ2000:90 KN but for LCA MK2 and EF Tranche 3 it will be much bigger.

And if you know something about supercruise capability then please share with us.

Boss what I know about super cruise is that flying at supersonic speed without engaging afterburners. Will it be possible? As per my info goes apart from F 22 only SU 35 had achieved it and that too in clean configuration not in full combat load

It is obvious that with present configuration of LCA it can only Replace Mig-21

But LCA MK2 ,is surely a different fighter with new engine and radar.

Boss what I know about super cruise is that flying at supersonic speed without engaging afterburners. Will it be possible? As per my info goes apart from F 22 only SU 35 had achieved it and that too in clean configuration not in full combat load

Well I also know the defination ;) , i thought you know how a jet fighter can have supercruise capability.

But any way, that's ok.

And also,apart from F-22 and su-35 EF ,gripen NG have also supercruise capabiltiy.

You can check wiki

It is obvious that with present configuration of LCA it can only Replace Mig-21

But LCA MK2 ,is surely a different fighter with new engine and radar.

I know what you are saying but the point is that LCA will carry a max of 4-5 tons of payload. Whereas Typhoon or Rafale can carry double that that in current configuration it will carry almost 2-2.5 tons of payload still better then MiG21. Only once kaveri comes in to picture we will see increase in capability. Just check length of kaveri it is 137 inch as compared to GE engines which are 152 inch. This will give lot of space for whatever you want :)

Well I also know the defination ;) , i thought you know how a jet fighter can have supercruise capability.

But any way, that's ok.

And also,apart from F-22 and su-35 EF ,gripen NG have also supercruise capabiltiy.

You can check wiki

Gripen NG is a paper plane so let's not talk about that

so what do you expect, IAF to induct LCA in 100s that is also just After IOC.

As this plane was a learning process ;) and we are also not putting this aircraft with EF or rafael , for now.
:agree:

Gripen NG is a paper plane so let's not talk about that

come on man 5-10 years back people also saying that LCA is a paper plan but now it is ready for induction,though in limited numbers with limited features.

As we know learning is continous process,and with LCA india learned many things and will be learn new things.

Same go For gripen NG.

come on man 5-10 years back people also saying that LCA is a paper plan but now it is ready for induction,though in limited numbers with limited features.

As we know learning is continous process,and with LCA india learned many things and will be learn new things.

Same go For gripen NG.

See boss if you are reading wiki which can be edited by any one and boasting about it. I can't help you. Even if it is written over some glossy brochure. I don't read too much in to it. You must be aware that Gripen NG was in competition for MRCA it is no more check the news in MRCA thread. I don't think IAF will reject a plane which is so good.

I know what you are saying but the point is that LCA will carry a max of 4-5 tons of payload. Whereas Typhoon or Rafale can carry double that that in current configuration it will carry almost 2-2.5 tons of payload still better then MiG21. Only once kaveri comes in to picture we will see increase in capability. Just check length of kaveri it is 137 inch as compared to GE engines which are 152 inch. This will give lot of space for whatever you want :)

Yes only after Kaveri we can accurately predict the capability ,but with the present Payload LCA still Can be Handy plane against Mig-21,JF-17 and even M2K to certain extent with Better Radar and Phalcon support.

Back
Top Bottom