What's new

Indian Airforce A-50 EI Spotted

Yes only after Kaveri we can accurately predict the capability ,but with the present Payload LCA still Can be Handy plane against Mig-21,JF-17 and even M2K to certain extent with Better Radar and Phalcon support.

You are right on the money. The right thing to compare LCA is Mirage 2K only. With ground attack, night attack and refuelling probe. It is much more then MiG21.

See boss if you are reading wiki which can be edited by any one and boasting about it. I can't help you. Even if it is written over some glossy brochure. I don't read too much in to it. You must be aware that Gripen NG was in competition for MRCA it is no more check the news in MRCA thread. I don't think IAF will reject a plane which is so good.

i am not following the wiki blindly

Also it is good that IAF reject Gripen NG beacues most of its component are from american and we can also say that rejection of gripen also pave the way for LCA Mk II, so there is nothing to worry about that IAF reject a good plane.

You are right on the money. The right thing to compare LCA is Mirage 2K only. With ground attack, night attack and refuelling probe. It is much more then MiG21.

And as far as Mig-21 concern, IAF convert its Mig-21 to Mig-21 Bison and they want to keep this plane upto about 2020 and the no. are about 120.

so i think there is back up also to give sufficient time to LCA to evolve into Multi-role capability.

compare it with the thyphoon also:angel:

1. if the al-31 is so crappy, than what will happen to jf-17 which uses an rd-33 which is an older engine?

2. what about the new j-10 which uses the al-31

3. stop deleting my posts i'm just posting facts

4. in red flag mki's had high sortie rate, if they failed so much and were so far away from home than why did they have such a high rate?

5. the mki costs 50 million the lca will cost 22 million and the jf-17 and j-10 cost only 15 million and 30 million.

just cause ur an administrator doesn't mean u can say whatever u want and delete other people's posts.

Oh man these Indians are getting you good every where! just dont let them do their trick on you!

look man, what NEO has said is for a fact that MKI is facing alot of problem with TVC engines which is one of very first version of "TVC" AL-31. TVC by nature is very hard to maintiane due to its charactoristics but i hope the version PAF is looking for does not soak up so much hours on the ground, and most probibly a modified version or perhaps a new version could be sorted out.
Chinese J-10 only use AL-31F which is not a TVC version thus more time in air.
As for redflag, lol.. go watch USAF colnel report on youtube. btw their was one MKI video on youtube wheir it had to do a engine recorvy in midair, so their you go. but what do you mean by MKI had high sorites? you mean it flew more then anything from Red and blue teams?!
Wikipedia is not a reliable sourse and definalty not a good one at all if you wanna find out actual MRCA prise tags.
MKI probibly cost more then 50 million dollars, J-10 $30+ million, LCA MK1, JF-17 block 1 will both cost in between 18-20 million dollars but the prise will gradually change as both planes will be upgraded along with new Versions.

@ LCA and Nithes

you both better know LCA MK3 with Kavir and AESA wont be ready before 2025!

1. if the al-31 is so crappy, than what will happen to jf-17 which uses an rd-33 which is an older engine?
Where did I claim that AL-31 is a crappy engine? Compared to western designs Russian engines traditionally have a shorter lifespan and require higher maintenance in the longer run. Do some research. :disagree:

2. what about the new j-10 which uses the al-31
Did you actually read my post? China just recieved an upgraded version of AL-31FN with higher thrust to be used in J-10B and most likely in FC-20.

3. stop deleting my posts i'm just posting facts
Write something useful for the change.

4. in red flag mki's had high sortie rate, if they failed so much and were so far away from home than why did they have such a high rate?
Again read my post, the situation has improved a lot lately with IAF and GoI pushing Russia to improve spares supply.

5. the mki costs 50 million the lca will cost 22 million and the jf-17 and j-10 cost only 15 million and 30 million.
And your point is...?
Still wondering why your posts get deleted...? :lol: :enjoy:

just cause ur an administrator doesn't mean u can say whatever u want and delete other people's posts.
Administrators and mods of this boards have an impeccable reputation and they're respected for their neutrality and moderating skills. Its not your place to judge them!

And yes we can delete other people's posts, its part of our job. :)

@ LCA and Nithes

you both better know LCA MK3 with Kavir and AESA wont be ready before 2025!

what was that?

You know that we have discussed it before you are jsut referring to Dr. Philip rajkumar's comments that were mere suggestive not the real ones.

wait so if the situation has improved a lot lately with spares, than whats the problem?

and what if the same situation happens with j-10?

Russia dont give spares during wartime

that would suck big time

Hmm maybe the Chinese would though.........besides the PAF would plan for having enough supplies to last the duration. The sanctions imposed in the past was a hard lesson but they will have learned it well.

And whilst the situation has improved for the IAF it is not yet at a stage where it is even close to full operational tempo

Indian Air Force to modernise, launch satellite in 2010-India-The Times of India

Indian Air Force to modernise, launch satellite in 2010
17 Jan 2009, 1731 hrs IST, PTI

BANGALORE: The Indian Air Force is embarking on a modernisation programme to enhance its capability, including putting in place an integrated air command and control system this year and launching its own satellite next year, Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal F H Major said here on Saturday.

In the next few years, IAF would acquire very complex grade radar facilities. The air command system would be in place by 2009. "With these capablities, IAF can apply a robust network of sensors and enable it to conduct operations with high flexibility, which is our aim", he said.

The IAF has already redesigned its training patterns and most of its inventory would either be upgraded or changed in the next few years, he said, while delivering the Air Chief Marshall L M Katre Memorial Lecture here today.

Stating that aerospace power would increase in future, he said IAF has put measures in place as far as aerial space was concerned. "We are ready to meet any situation", he said to a query on steps the IAF had taken in the wake of heightened tension between India and Pakistan.

Asked whether a war-like situation existed with Pakistan, he shot back "I am not an authority to decide it. I am only a prosecutor to carry out orders".

On modernisation plans, he said induction of Jaguars, MIG-27s, MIG-29s and Sukhois with upgraded avionics have been accelerated.

Inter-govermental agreements for design and development of fifth generation fighter aircraft has been concluded, he said adding the LCA programme has gained momentum. The initial operations were expected to start by 2010-11,he said.

The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : IAF fighter fleet being enhanced

IAF fighter fleet being enhanced

Staff Reporter

Air Force chief says several aircraft being upgraded, airfields expanded

Bangalore: Aerospace power, in the years to come, will be the most viable option before the national leadership as it tackles conflict situations and contingencies, said Air Chief Marshal Fali Homi Major, Chief of the Air Staff.

Delivering the third Air Chief Marshal L.M. Katre Memorial Lecture here on Saturday, the Air Chief spoke about a modernisation programme taking place in the field of aviation, through acquisitions, upgrades, replacement and existing facilities being put to new purposes, along with the Indian Air Force’s (IAF) own satellite which would be launched by 2010.

“Our fighter fleet is being enhanced — Jaguars, the MiG-21 BiS and a few MiG-27s have already been upgraded, the MiG-29 upgrade programme is under way in Russia, and the Mirage 2000 upgrade will happen soon,” said Air Chief Marshal Major.

Thirty airfields across the country were going to be upgraded with 11,000 feet long runways and CAT 2B wireless systems, according to him.

Referring to Su-30 MKI induction, which had been accelerated, he said the proposals for the 126 medium multi-role combat aircraft deal was almost over, with flight trials expected in April-May. “Discussions are on with Russia over the fifth generation fighter jets and the Light Combat Aircraft programme has gained momentum,” he added.

Air Chief Marshall Major said that IAF would have 80 Mi-17s and Mi-5s helicopters by 2012-13, and that the IAF would acquire 22 attack-helicopters.

He said: “We have signed an order with Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) for 38 Advanced Light Helicopters (ALH) and 16 of the ALH’s armed version.

“We are buying 12 Augusta-101 VVIP helicopters and a request for proposal for a heavy lift helicopter is to be issued soon.”

Ashok K. Baweja, Chairperson, HAL, said the cold weather trials of the Dhruv helicopters were going to begin and also brought to light the orders for 260 aircraft estimated at Rs. 17,000 crore.

“HAL is going to roll out 350 aircraft by 2012 - out of which 80 will roll out this year, and spend close to Rs. 25,000 crore on design and development over the next 10 years,” said Mr. Baweja.

“HAL is going to roll out 350 aircraft by 2012 - out of which 80 will roll out this year, and spend close to Rs. 25,000 crore on design and development over the next 10 years,”

I think the major part will be come form MKI

Last edited:
MkI will be max 1 squadron per year we are in 2009 so max 3-4 squadrons.

Back
Top Bottom