What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

how long will.this survive in a environment of s400 and Rafale combined and Barak 8 for good measure...

the thunders would be great at tackling the obselete end of the iaf ie mig21 bison and jaguar
but all the migbisions are gone by 2025
at best with 2nd Rafale squadron inducted another tejas upcoming sqds and mig29upg order for 21 planes the thunder will be hard pressed to find legacy fighters

instead

Rafale
upgraded mirage2000
upgraded mig29ug
su30mki

Any more information on impact of 100 dead HAL employees

how long will.this survive in a environment of s400 and Rafale combined and Barak 8 for good measure...

the thunders would be great at tackling the obselete end of the iaf ie mig21 bison and jaguar
at best with 2nd Rafale squadron inducted another tejas upcoming sqds and mig29upg order for 21 planes the thunder will be hard pressed to find legacy fighters

instead

Rafale
upgraded mirage2000
upgraded mig29ug
su30mki

Please, you had SU-30s and Israeli SAMS on Feb 27th. Looks how good they were.

Anyway, back to Indian Air Force discussion.

ZERO Tejas this year?

Maybe 4-6 next year?

So if you are lucky by 2023 you may have two full squadrons no?
Any more information on impact of 100 dead HAL employees

Should of actually led to an increase in efficiency....

your not getting 15 thunders in 4 months
that's ridiculous

at best 2 or 3 by year end if that

as for j10.I suggest you go back to archive of pak defense forum.you will countless threads on j10 arrival.since 2010 ... all.of them.imminent because you have cha cha ji ... uncle or cousin.in.the airforce
no official news exists in pak media just hearsay

thank you for the welcome back I started with the Rafale f4 news breaking

the purchase of reaper drones

the upgrade to 90 heron drones with new radars and strike weapons

imminent arrival s400 and it's massive impact on long range tracking and engagement of all.sorts enemy weapons

finally news that vikrant carrier was pushed out of dock to start sea trials

cool , we have been building these since January as per our air chief’s interview so 15 jets a year is our current speed. We try to keep a close lid on our Build but the chief also said that we would be acquiring a new aircraft type by end of this year. I believe the Chinese had already built 24 aircraft for Pakistan. I believe they are working on the remainder. It would be very cool if these birds fly over Kashmir and land our bases on their way from China , imagine 6-8 aircrafts flying over every day for a week 😀

k

cool , we have been building these since January as per our air chief’s interview so 15 jets a year is our current speed. We try to keep a close lid on our Build but the chief also said that we would be acquiring a new aircraft type by end of this year. I believe the Chinese had already built 24 aircraft for Pakistan. I believe they are working on the remainder. It would be very cool if these birds fly over Kashmir and land our bases on their way from China , imagine 6-8 aircrafts flying over every day for a week 😀

k

it does not work like that buddy
you don't get 30 planes In a,week that's, in fantasy land

Not talking about weapons, the local components that you say you use in thunders is of pak origin.
Since you keep beating about the bush then what exactly have you been reading on the forum all this time before joining....as you claimed earlier.

instead

Rafale
upgraded mirage2000
upgraded mig29ug
su30mki
Let me give you a short history lesson.....until early 2019, all the Indian fan boys use to say, SU-30 is an overkill of PAF and it's meant for China where as the MiG-29s will take care of entire PAF.
Now i don't have to remind you that when the test came, there were no MiG-29s in sight, your Mirages were developing radar issues and your SU-30s leaving the arena at supersonic speeds.
While Russia's top line Fighter aircraft in Indian hands has demoted itself to an AMRAAM dodger, let's see what fate awaits the French jet.
If you have an answer please tell, else don’t bother to reply.
I'm not going to give a detailed breakdown of all the contribution again,
There are several threads on the subject discussed to the bone, you just need to make a little effort.

These Indians members infesting the forum, need to clean up. Moment you mention Tejas now they change subject by default, tells you all you need to know.

At Yasser

Tejas induction is slow period ...
Mark 1 is not front line weapons platform.
It is second tier asset until.mark1a arrives...
Yes Hal needs to get it's act together and get mark1a built and delivered but we will.hit 2030 by then
until.then.we will. rely on Rafale mirage2000 mki and mig29 upg fighters which number 400 plus ... they are getting better bvr ie mki and mig29 and will be more than sufficient to handle any thing paf can have this decade especially with f16 threat diminishing due to.usa and pak relations worsening their service maintenance will.be impacted ..

At Yasser

Tejas induction is slow period ...
Mark 1 is not front line weapons platform.
It is second tier asset until.mark1a arrives...
Yes Hal needs to get it's act together and get mark1a built and delivered but we will.hit 2030 by then
until.then.we will. rely on Rafale mirage2000 mki and mig29 upg fighters which number 400 plus ... they are getting better bvr ie mki and mig29 and will be more than sufficient to handle any thing paf can have this decade especially with f16 threat diminishing due to.usa and pak relations worsening their service maintenance will.be impacted ..

Not an issue of India's other fighters, this is an issue if India can produce a fighter in large numbers to equip it's air force.

The longer the delay the longer MIG-21s and Jaguars (that make up half the IAF) continue to fly. At this rate India will be lucky to have two full squadrons by 2023. This has implications as their are around 10-12 Jaguar and MIG-21 squadrons. 6 of the MIG-21 squadrons will not have any replacement (no new Tejas being built and no follow on order), size of IAF goes down to around 20 squadrons.

Not an issue of India's other fighters, this is an issue if India can produce a fighter in large numbers to equip it's air force.

The longer the delay the longer MIG-21s and Jaguars (that make up half the IAF) continue to fly. At this rate India will be lucky to have two full squadrons by 2023. This has implications as their are around 10-12 Jaguar and MIG-21 squadrons. 6 of the MIG-21 squadrons will not have any replacement (no new Tejas being built and no follow on order), size of IAF goes down to around 20 squadrons.

yes,your correct 400 fighters is about 20 squadrons
yes if we only deliver 2 tejas mark1 by 2024 it's only 22 squadrons
but
we will.almost certainly provide oxygen via
1 additional mig29 upg squadron
and 2 more Rafale squadrons albeit delivery will not start of Rafale until 2024 or 2025...

3 squadron of Darin jaguar to remain and 2024 or 2025 mark1a starts delivery
I think we will.remain 27 or 28 squadrons at worst with 21 hi end squadrons ie
mki 13
Rafale mirage2000 4
mig29 4
or 23 squadrons when 2 more rafales squadrons are ordered

India is fully aware it needs to address falling.nos which makes Rafale f4 almost certain

yes,your correct 400 fighters is about 20 squadrons
yes if we only deliver 2 tejas mark1 by 2024 it's only 22 squadrons
but
we will.almost certainly provide oxygen via
1 additional mig29 upg squadron
and 2 more Rafale squadrons albeit delivery will not start of Rafale until 2024 or 2025...

3 squadron of Darin jaguar to remain and 2024 or 2025 mark1a starts delivery
I think we will.remain 27 or 28 squadrons at worst with 21 hi end squadrons ie
mki 13
Rafale mirage2000 4
mig29 4
or 23 squadrons when 2 more rafales squadrons are ordered

India is fully aware it needs to address falling.nos which makes Rafale f4 almost certain

Nothing is certain

1 more MIG-29 unit was "emergency buy" after Feb 27th but no contract signed and we are approaching 2022.

Rafale looking less and less likely. French corruption investigation, Indian allegations of corruption and a massive Covid economic hit mean do not expect these anytime soon. If ever.

Nothing is certain

1 more MIG-29 unit was "emergency buy" after Feb 27th but no contract signed and we are approaching 2022.

Rafale looking less and less likely. French corruption investigation, Indian allegations of corruption and a massive Covid economic hit mean do not expect these anytime soon. If ever.

If India was a small.nation with limited means like pakistan or Egypt I.would agree
but India financial.means multiple times bigger than 90 percent of world
our finances are open and clear being a democratic nation
we will.have around 18 to 20.billion capex spend each year next decade . ie around 200.billion plus
yes we need to address other areas
but a 10 billion cost to get f4 and one mig29 sqds at less than 2 billion is not an issue for India
heck we are signing deals for 3 billion alone for reapers next 2 months and 7 billion for French improved scorpene
money will be available to.a massive GDP.nation. like India. it's weather we spend it on rafales or subs or combat drones first .
I think it will go
drones in 2022
Rafale 2023
subs in 2024

If India was a small.nation with limited means like pakistan or Egypt I.would agree
but India financial.means multiple times bigger than 90 percent of world
our finances are open and clear being a democratic nation
we will.have around 18 to 20.billion capex spend each year next decade . ie around 200.billion plus
yes we need to address other areas
but a 10 billion cost to get f4 and one mig29 sqds at less than 2 billion is not an issue for India
heck we are signing deals for 3 billion alone for reapers next 2 months and 7 billion for French improved scorpene
money will be available to.a massive GDP.nation. like India. it's weather we spend it on rafales or subs or combat drones first .
I think it will go
drones in 2022
Rafale 2023
subs in 2024

Not a case of how big India is, every country has a budget and that budget is linked to economy. Even US and UK cutting back. Right now India has gone through it's worst economic performance in 60 years.

Obviously you "hope" more Rafales will be ordered, good for you and good luck. "Hope" is not a strategy.

Pakistan is meanwhile quietly building more and more AESA equipped fighters, while no Tejas will be delivered. These are simply the facts. Looks like 2021 will be a "lost" year for IAF procurement. After the last Rafale deliveries it seems for a long period now that no new fighters will be delivered to IAF.....

keep your fingers,crossed yasser
maybe your correct
as they will.be busy inducting
5 regiments of s400
repeat combat drones
and more Barak 8 sam instead

will.see

Back
Top Bottom