What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

What's old, ma man? The clip with the 3 Rafales taking off? I'm missing something.
No no just that the deal is old news and even the "India Specific Enhancements" qualification will take another 24-36 months, till then the old guard is still the most active.
The sensor fusion is quite a leap on Rafale though along with the offensive Meteor and Scalp.

@Lord Of Gondor @MirageBlue @Nilgiri Wow has this been discussed here before or on any other thread?
This looks amazing! What a project this will be and with all the experience gained from Tejas (which was a phenomenal indigenous project in its own rights) it should help greatly make this one move much smoother and get out there a lot quicker. This is great stuff!

India will produce its own Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft for the Navy
July 2020 news defense aviation aerospace air force industry
POSTED ON MONDAY, 27 JULY 2020 10:24

India_will_produce_its_own_Advanced_Medium_Combat_Aircraft_for_the_Navy_925_001.png

https://www.airrecognition.com/inde...nced-medium-combat-aircraft-for-the-navy.html

And then India to buy 6 more Boeing P-8 Poseidon patrol aircraft

Yes I am glad we have oriented this way mid and long term rather than get saddled with Su-57 project which is doubtful unique utility for India in the likely theatres at the cost it entails.

I am likewise pretty sure S-400 will be the last major acquisition done by India from Russia....there is just too much increasing steadily each year why we cannot rely/trust on them anymore (esp their increasing closeness with China).

Everything just makes lot more cohesive sense now. MWF and AMCA are definitely things to watch out for and track.

Wing Commander Deepak Vasant Sathe(retired) lost his life in the AI Express B737 crash in Kozhikode.
(Experimental test pilot and Sword of Honour) left the IAF in 2003.
Om Shanti to the hero

He was doing a noble act under the "Vande Bharat Mission" to bring back stranded Indians from abroad.
The Kozhikode airport is a challenging "Table Top" runway
Cannot even imagine the skill required to land on this especially with bad weather.
QlLWTE2.jpg

21KICALICUT1

Last edited:
He was doing a noble act under the "Vande Bharat Mission" to bring back stranded Indians from abroad.
The Kozhikode airport is a challenging "Table Top" runway
Cannot even imagine the skill required to land on this especially with bad weather.
QlLWTE2.jpg

21KICALICUT1

With such airports, they should close under any especially bad weather+wet runway and divert flights to trivandrum, cochi, coimbatore etc.

Mangalore is another table top above this area that should be avoided in bad weather periods.

I am likewise pretty sure S-400 will be the last major acquisition done by India from Russia....there is just too much increasing steadily each year why we cannot rely/trust on them anymore (esp their increasing closeness with China).
We shall see how well this holds up :enjoy::tup::D. More likely than not, you guys will probably order off the shelf Su-57s.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom