What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

Did 5006 fly for the first time today? How many active now?

19467711_1449556341805476_3119042755924409883_o.jpg

this is the fifth one and will join the squadron, four already in service

this is the fifth one and will join the squadron, four already in service

Very cool. Thanks. I just realized there is a thread on the Tejas. I saw this update on another forum and was just checking. I've always liked the design on this plane, especially the reverse angle cut on the LERX. From below and with that detail and the delta wings, it almost looks like a bat scouring the skies. The landing gears also appear similar to the Mirage 2K, at least the front one and a the rear ones closer to the Rafale. You can see a bit of that possible "inspiration," so to speak.

Sputnik news

IAF had constructed 16 shelters for Su-30 class aircraft between 2004 and 2007, which are capable of withstanding a blast from a 1,000-pound bomb.

In 2015, IAF had submitted a proposal of construction of 108 new generation hardened aircraft shelters for Sukhoi-30 class of aircraft but not find consent from the ministry.

"We want to build new generation hardened aircraft shelters in the North and Northeast which is critical for us so that we are not caught by surprise as has happened in different parts of the world," defense sources told Sputnik.

If approved by the defense ministry, these shelters based in forward areas, Leh, Ladakh and the Northeast, will cost $750 million to the exchequer. India has reconstructed, and operationalized six advanced landing grounds — Tuting, Mechuka, Along, Passighat, Vijaynagar and Ziro — along the India-China border and work is underway at Tawang and Dirang. The IAF has also built new weapon storage areas, hangars and labs in large numbers in all the forward bases.

_8890f55e-6193-11e7-b1de-0034c3d6ea80.jpg

An eight-foot-long python held by member of NGO Wildlife SOS.(ANI Photo)
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...gra-airbase/story-8CMBohb7lT6MpqEenmv6cM.html

An Air Force transport plane at the Agra airbase on Wednesday had an unusual and unwelcome guest - an eight-foot-long Indian Rock Python.

The snake was trapped inside the undercarriage bay of the right wing of the AN-32 aircraft, number K2706. IAF officials dialled the wildlife SOS for rescuing the snake.

A team comprising two expert snake-rescuers from the NGO arrived at the scene but it took them nearly five hours to bring out the distressed python.

They said it was a challenge for them to ensure the large constrictor remained calm and unhurt.

“We had to get the python out of that narrow space keeping its safety in mind. We patiently waited for the snake to loosen its grip so that we could carefully transfer it to a transport carrier- (special-designed transport boxes),” an SOS official said.

Officials said the python has been kept under observation and will be released to the natural habitat once deemed fit.

Baiju Raj M V, director of conservation (Projects) for Wildlife SOS, said, “Rescues like these require skills and patience. We thank the Indian Air Force for considering the well being of python and reporting the incident to us.”

The Indian Rock Python (Python molurus) is a large non- venomous species found in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

The species is protected under Schedule I of the Wildlife Protection Act, 1972 and is listed under Appendix I of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna (CITES), which regulates the international trade of wildlife species.

The tyre is also seems round as your car have!

I don't know, why you guys likes too much TROLL

You misunderstood. It was an observation and more of a compliment. You conveniently excluded the rest of the post which was nothing but praise. Take it easy, no bashing and certainly no trolling from here. I'm too old for that kind of childish behavior. Cheers.

You misunderstood. It was an observation and more of a compliment. You conveniently excluded the rest of the post which was nothing but praise. Take it easy, no bashing and certainly no trolling from here. I'm too old for that kind of childish behavior. Cheers.
Actually, its very common in all jets which use off the shelf parts.
Like as we use various parts off the shelf including landing gears etc.
And specially about frontal visual, you may resemble NLCA with RAFALE instead of SP-6.

Good Day

Good observation.
The LCA Program had in the initial stages, Dassault Aviation as the consultant. (if my memory is correct)
The benchmark for the LCA was the Mirage 2000, still much loved in the Indian Air Force.
A good read on the program: http://www.tejas.gov.in/featured_articles/air_marshal_rajkumar/page_01.html

Not an easy thing to do. It's quite the achievement. Looking forward to seeing the MK2. If the final version looks anything like the recent CG image with the full glass cockpit, she'll be a looker.

When are Tejas deploying to Pak border?

Also we should send a few squadrons of Tejas to Sikkim ASAP

Back
Top Bottom