What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

Darin 3 upgrade is atm for all the birds who can serve us for another 15 years.(with engine part) Anything less in life or more fatigue in airframes does nt need such upgrades bcz it wont serve the purpose or the investment made. OF course after this whole batch of 60 plus jets , we might go forward and re engine the rest based on the assessment at that time.

So DARIN 3 takes precedence over Re engine needs

But will the old engines be able to provide sufficient power after Darin 3 upgrades

The TWR would come down after the weight increases

I think there are 2 factors here

1 A large number of Adour engines lying idle

2 The current engines do have sufficient lives
hence this Honey well deal is not moving forward

@PARIKRAMA

Our Jaguars with Adour engines went to RED flag
participated in exercises ; crossed oceans and flew over long distances

That is a big vote of confidence in the current engine

So who will push the Honeywell deal

So DARIN 3 takes precedence over Re engine needs

But will the old engines be able to provide sufficient power after Darin 3 upgrades

The TWR would come down after the weight increases

I think there are 2 factors here

1 A large number of Adour engines lying idle

2 The current engines do have sufficient lives
hence this Honey well deal is not moving forward
I should word it better.

Phase 1 will see 60+ and phase 2 will see more of jets getting re engined. (if life in airframe is left substantially)
But Darin 3 avionics and other things might as well go to all the fleet.

The thrust of Adour is not upto present day mission needs.

PariK my friend, I've always had a problem with that particular infographic.

Darin 3 will get F125
Vpmmx.jpg

I don't mind the Hammers that could be ported but that's a Rafale cockpit!!! 8-)

If you want that on your Jags, you better kidnap MP, replace him with a sosie,
a lookalike and sign the MII for Raffys.

;) Part of my ongoing crusade against non-official sourcing :azn:

All the best to you & at home, Tay.

I should word it better.

Phase 1 will see 60+ and phase 2 will see more of jets getting re engined. (if life in airframe is left substantially)
But Darin 3 avionics and other things might as well go to all the fleet.

The thrust of Adour is not upto present day mission needs.
Timelines for the 60 DARIN IIIs to be re-engined bro? The contract for the F125s haven't even been signed as of yet.

There are now 7 C-130J-30s on order bro; 6 for a second Special operations SQN (to be based in West Bengal) that will be raised in 2017 and 1 for the 77 "Veiled Vipers" Special operations SQN to bring them back to their full strength of 6 a/c. So 12 C-130J-30s will be in serve by 2019 at least.

There is a strong chance of more Super Hercs being ordered in the future.

@PARIKRAMA some welcome news.

GIAT DEFA 554 of the Mirage 2000

The DEFA 554 is the standard auto-cannon for the Dassault Mirage 2000 and is chambered for the 30x113mm. It is a development of the DEFA 553 which equipped the Dassault Mirage F1. The 554 itself has been superseded by the GIAT M791 30x150mm cannon aboard the Dassault Rafale. The DEFA 554 uses three chambers for reloading instead of two like it's predecessor the 553, this increases the rate-of-fire drastically. The barrel life and reliability of the gun have been improved, an electrical selector let's the pilot select either a 1800 RPM setting for air-to-air engagements or a 1200 RPM setting for air-to-ground engagements. In IAF service it is used aboard the Mirage 2000-H/TH/I/TI. It's British cousin the ADEN, arms the IAFs Jaguars.

A revolver cannon has a higher rate of fire than a standard single chamber auto-cannon and can 'speed up' faster than a Gatling cannon. Both of these factors contribute in it's favour when engaging targets in aerial combat as a maneuvering target will only come into the cross-hairs for a fraction of a second, a revolver cannon can put more rounds into the target fast as compared to a single chamber auto-cannon which has a lower ROF or a Gatling cannon which takes time to rev up to it's high ROF.

https://www.facebook.com/TejasMrca/?fref=nf

Flying at tree top level?

A SEPECAT Jaguar taking Nap-of-the-Earth flying a little bit too seriously ;)

Hinds- Taking close air support to a whole new level

Pulling the No14sq bull chariots at RedFlag captured beautifully by Kedar karmarkar.

14095962_1163436430401077_1901099127745609710_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/IADnews/ph...6198.273506732727389/1163436430401077/?type=3

Back
Top Bottom