What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

Kashmir youth eager to join Indian Air Force
Kashmir youth eager to join Indian Air Force

Srinagar, July 23: Thousands of unemployed youth in Kashmir turned up at a recruitment rally by the Indian Air Force (IAF) here on Wednesday.

The weeklong recruitment rally will conclude on July 27.

IAF has been running a campaign, 'Join Indian Air Force-Be an Air Warrior', to lure youth in the region.

The participants said they were excited about participating in the recruitment drive.

"I am very passionate about this job. From the last many years Indian Air Force did not conduct recruitment camps in our area. We had to cover long distances to Ambala, Mumbai and Chennai for applying. So this rally is a good opportunity for all of us," said Nasir Ahmad, an applicant.

Some of the participants hailed the opportunity provided for them to join the IAF.

"I think getting a job in Indian Air Force is a big thing. It is the best job one can get. We are quite enthusiastic to join Air Force," said Tajamul Hussian, another applicant.

Besides IAF, Border Security Forces, Central Reserve Police Force and the Army have been conducting such recruitment rallies in the disputed region.

Great news....

What Kashmir wants is Education for young, jobs for Youth and Security for senior citizens,women and children... These so called Mujahidins can now go to hell.....

Thats India for you....

couldnt agree more with glomex. We have to empower youth and good education to children. Apart from armed forces they habe to given preferences in other govt jobs and pvt sector. Enourage in sports music . Revitalise kashmir. Bollywood should go back to kasmir instead of swiss.

oho killings innocents in kashmir, and making abuses against muslim girls etc that what we recently saw when ur very own indian policed killed 2 youngsters in torture what u need proof more than that and kashmir is not and india it is LOC

^^^^ Enough with the same rhetoric over and over....You sound like a broken record!!!

If you truly cared about Kashmiri's, then you would be happy with this news....Kashmiri's can finally aspire to become something....get good jobs....improve the situation for their families etc...instead of being stuck in this mess created by both our countries....

Or are you so arrogant that you can't bare to see that Kashmiri's love their country as any Indian should!!

I m very new in this forum though i was reading the posts for few months. It is the best fourum where members share their knowledge without biosness and outburst of hatred to neighbours.Only one thing i can say about Mr Main Ansari's articale ...it doesnt have the standard to be mentioned in this forum..."My son is the best ...neighbour's son is a *****"-approach

CND - Take this as a strong warning. You must give respect to the members here Talk only about the topic and just the topic do not make comments about members.

Actually.. If this had been done in the first place, i.e giving Kashmiris their rights along with demilitarizing the territory. I don't think there would have ever been the loss of human life on all sides as there is. It's a good thing the Kashmiri boys now have the chance to experience life on the edge..(or maybe they have done that already?? :) )

IAF gets its first Cheetal choppers from HAL.

Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) on Saturday handed over the first batch of four Cheetal helicopters to the Indian Air Force. NC Agarwal, Director (Design and Development) handed over the helicopters to Air Vice Marshal M. Bahadur. Assistant Chief of Air Staff.

"The IAF had placed an order for 10 Cheetals, of which the first batch of four has been delivered. The remaining six are expected to be handed over by September. We expect the IAF's order to be followed up by the Army and also the Government of India which is looking at procuring helicopters for various roles, especially for internal security,'' said R Srinivasan, MD (Helicopter Complex), HAL.AVM Bahadur who received the helicopters said; "The re-engined Cheetals will increase our operational capabilities, especially for high altitude operations. We have faith in HAL and hope it will continue to deliver and provide product support.''

The Cheetal is the re-engined Cheetah helicopter, with replacement of Artouste IIIB with the TM333-2M2 engine. The reduced weight of the TM 333-2M2 engine with better specific fuel consumption has resulted in increased range, endurance and payload. This makes the helicopter more versatile in various roles including search & rescue and missions in high altitude. The Cheetal has been designed to incorporate upgraded features such as light weight modern technology cockpit instruments like electrically driven Artificial Horizon, Directional Gyro, and light weight modern avionics - accurate navigation and homing through GPS, VHF HOMER, Flight Monitoring System (FMS), Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) and Emergency Locator Transmitter.

LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: IAF Gets Its First Cheetal Choppers From HAL

Back
Top Bottom