What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

@Dillinger
Digital mockuo of LCH does not seem to have any IR suppressors.But in the official brochure it is said to have stealth features with IR supression,so i guess it'll have IR supressor.
HALLCHInformation.jpg

PS
Sorry 4 the late reply.Actually i read your reply at 6pm,but i was very-very tired.

Hmmm, I didn't know the LCH was set to get DIRCMs. This music to my ears!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Abingdonboy- so confused.:frown: PSK says the three brigades are air-mobile brigades, capable of employing both fixed wing as well as rotor wing assets for transport. Can you ask your uncle, he'll know this stuff? What's the difference between air-mobile brigade, para brigade and air assault brigade and which one is better?

@S-DUCT The DIRCM definitely makes things good, PSK updates that exhaust IR suppressors can be added at anytime and are not a challenge. Makes sense considering that the mi-24 had an add-on IR suppressor too.

Mi35E_Z3140_090213.jpg

LCH+CAD.jpg
@Dillinger
I think from DMU it is clear that LCH will not have IR suppressors but They might add Hover InfraRed Suppression System(HIRSS) in later blocks.
hirss.jpg

j8zgva.jpg

I hope they'll make stealthy MCH similar to above chopper.

Bhai ek Dhruv banate banate toh jaan nikal gayi. Till the day the engines are not made in country we shall be behind the curve.

At the moment I want the MRO for all our assets to be fixed, we are in a tricky phase right now and need our AL assets up and running optimally. Secondly, a MWR ( rotor mounted or podded if nothing else can be done) to work in conjunction with the Helina munition.

Then we can step into proper medium-lifts,

waise the Dhruv also carries like 12-14 soldiers, the same as the most famous medium lifter- the Blackhawk. Only the range is less.:smokin:

@Abingdonboy- so confused.:frown: PSK says the three brigades are air-mobile brigades, capable of employing both fixed wing as well as rotor wing assets for transport. Can you ask your uncle, he'll know this stuff? What's the difference between air-mobile brigade, para brigade and air assault brigade and which one is better?

@S-DUCT The DIRCM definitely makes things good, PSK updates that exhaust IR suppressors can be added at anytime and are not a challenge. Makes sense considering that the mi-24 had an add-on IR suppressor too.

Mi35E_Z3140_090213.jpg

Bro I probably won't be speaking to him for a while but when I next do I will surely ask him on your behalf ;).

Also even the IAF's Mi-17V5s have removable IR-suppressors so it's not hard to imagine the LCH will have them at some point if needed:

Indian+Air+Force+iaf+officially+Inducted+armed+multi-purpose+transport+Russian+Mi-17V-5+helicopters+rockets+pods+missiles+atgm+army+%25282%2529.jpg

Bhai ek Dhruv banate banate toh jaan nikal gayi. Till the day the engines are not made in country we shall be behind the curve.

At the moment I want the MRO for all our assets to be fixed, we are in a tricky phase right now and need our AL assets up and running optimally. Secondly, a MWR ( rotor mounted or podded if nothing else can be done) to work in conjunction with the Helina munition.

Then we can step into proper medium-lifts,

waise the Dhruv also carries like 12-14 soldiers, the same as the most famous medium lifter- the Blackhawk. Only the range is less.:smokin:

correct urself...........90% stuff of dhruv is imported(2010 figures)

Bro I probably won't be speaking to him for a while but when I next do I will surely ask him on your behalf ;).

Also even the IAF's Mi-17V5s have removable IR-suppressors so it's not hard to imagine the LCH will have them at some point if needed:

Indian+Air+Force+iaf+officially+Inducted+armed+multi-purpose+transport+Russian+Mi-17V-5+helicopters+rockets+pods+missiles+atgm+army+%25282%2529.jpg

mi-35 is a flying tank

i know this is mi-17

Already confirmed, it'll be a breeze, no issues- apparently the larger systems are there for systems where the whole engine is protruding out of the helo body, then you need a sleeve like device for the whole damn engine- and trust the Amreekis to go that way.:cheesy: Otherwise add-on IR suppressors are easy.

But the cost goes up with these DIRCMs and SAAB ECM, and foreign engine- ergo the CAG report of 90% by cost components being foreign sourced..these are the most expensive components after all.
t3018.gif

Already confirmed, it'll be a breeze, no issues- apparently the larger systems are there for systems where the whole engine is protruding out of the helo body, then you need a sleeve like device for the whole damn engine- and trust the Amreekis to go that way.:cheesy: Otherwise add-on IR suppressors are easy.

But the cost goes up with these DIRCMs and SAAB ECM, and foreign engine- ergo the CAG report of 90% by cost components being foreign sourced..these are the most expensive components after all.
t3018.gif

still man.........point stands

still man.........point stands

Bhai puri ship hum banatein hain- aur phir electronic and sensor components (also MGT propulsion but that at least is nearing a solution) lagate lagate 50% of final cost foreign components me sink ho jata hai.

BUT there is a difference between- by cost and by proportion (as in % of components). IF you mix up the two- AS YOU DID- then the whole meaning changes.:disagree:

A little bit more Indian jugaad or inventiveness would have done.
India.gif

Bhai puri ship hum banatein hain- aur phir electronic and sensor components (also MGT propulsion but that at least is nearing a solution) lagate lagate 50% of final cost foreign components me sink ho jata hai.

BUT there is a difference between- by cost and by proportion (as in % of components). IF you mix up the two- AS YOU DID- then the whole meaning changes.:disagree:

A little bit more Indian jugaad or inventiveness would have done.
India.gif

I told u before and am stressing again

Start using indian components,even if they are a bit inferior compared to worls standards.............in 5-6 years this will give huge boost to our industry and improvements will be made.

If u keep on importing everything(important)........then it won't even start happening.

China did it,iran is doing it and we must do it too

t3018.gif

Right, this costing way of assessing indigenous content is actually quite dubious as the foreign components are inherently going to be cutting-edge and thus extremely expensive. So if most of the content/work is actually done in-house by India it can be overlooked using the costing method.

Similar case for Naval ships where the high-end equipment is imported such as weapons, radars and sensors but the bull and most of the systems are Indian made but on the whole cheaper.

Right, this costing way of assessing indigenous content is actually quite dubious as the foreign components are inherently going to be cutting-edge and thus extremely expensive. So if most of the content/work is actually done in-house by India it can be overlooked using the costing method.

Similar case for Naval ships where the high-end equipment is imported such as weapons, radars and sensors but the bull and most of the systems are Indian made but on the whole cheaper.

Can't ignore the costs forever though. Waise do remember to ask your uncle. :ashamed:

Can't ignore the costs forever though. Waise do remember to ask your uncle. :ashamed:

Of course one can't, at the very least go for bulk orders and licence prosecution with as much localisation in sourcing sub-components if India can't deliver comparable indigenous spec-equipment- right now. The prices will drop and this the cost of the entire system will be cut dramatically meaning you can buy more!

And next time I speak to him I'll ask bro- I assure you :D

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom