What's new

Indian Air Force (IAF) wants to induct 120 Tejas

Hal should immediately start working on second line. We need at least 20 tejas per year. Even if it starts by 2019 it will still take 4 more years to deliver mk1A (iff hal may deliver first 40mk1). At the same time mk2 would be complete and same line will be used to get another 200 . in future hal must increase its capacity to 32 or 40. Only then can hal deliver tejas in required time frame

Are you suggesting there's no mk2?o_O

IAF has a sanctioned strength of 44 fighter squadrons, but a large number of them are outdated MiG-21s that were inducted in the 1960s. As per the IAF scheme of things, only the upgraded MiG-21 Bisons will fly till 2025.

IAF operates Su-30MKI, Mirage-2000, Jaguars, MiG-21 Bison and MiG-27. While the phasing out of some of the older generation MiGs have begun, all MiGs are slated to retire between 2014 and 2025.

The first assembly line version of Tejas was handed over to the IAF only in January 2015.

Tejas Light Combat Aircraft Mark-II for quicker induction.

IAF has a sanctioned strength of 44 fighter squadrons, but a large number of them are outdated MiG-21s that were inducted in the 1960s. As per the IAF scheme of things, only the upgraded MiG-21 Bisons will fly till 2025.

IAF operates Su-30MKI, Mirage-2000, Jaguars, MiG-21 Bison and MiG-27. While the phasing out of some of the older generation MiGs have begun, all MiGs are slated to retire between 2014 and 2025.

The first assembly line version of Tejas was handed over to the IAF only in January 2015.

Tejas Light Combat Aircraft Mark-II for quicker induction.

I said the same thing . what are the alternative of mmrca . will another 6 sqn of rafale will come or it would be a new plane like super hornet

Tejas is superior ?? Like Seriously :rofl::rofl:

China-made JF-17 ?? Like there was no role of Pakistan in the development of this Aircraft ?? :crazy::crazy:

of course pakistan played a role in jf17 development, you guys painted it green:lol:

besides compare the specs of tejas and jf17 to find out which one is superior.

Please tell us of one component that has been developed and contributed by Pakistan in JF-17. First of all Pakistan doesn't have an industry to support. please tell us.

Why should i tell you ? Use Google. Typical Indian Fantasy and Superiority Complex "PAKISTAN CAN'T" do anything, Pakistan just gets everything gift wrapped from China.

Why should i tell you ? Use Google. Typical Indian Fantasy and Superiority Complex "PAKISTAN CAN'T" do anything, Pakistan just gets everything gift wrapped from China.

Tell me, when you did it, did it work? Did you find something?

6-8 squads of 1 tonne lighter and with better air intakes and AESA radar & EW suite enabelled LCA is much better that 20 squads of bisons and jags and mig27s and will help IAF more as for MMRCA i thing best option is land version of F/A-18 E/F

why does it need better intakes? perhaps with a dsi. with regards to the aesa radar the lca will be fitted with a EL/M-2052 aesa. ew suite will most probably come from Israel or France.

Just take your F16 and go...

f16-pakistan-funny-donkey1.jpg

Looks Like Indian Tejas to me

I said the same thing . what are the alternative of mmrca . will another 6 sqn of rafale will come or it would be a new plane like super hornet

Two new squadrons of Rafales, expected to cost around $5 billion.

" I would certainly want more...at least six MMRCA (medium multi-role combat aircraft) squadrons, whether they are Rafales or some other alternative. But they have to be viable in terms of costs, transfer of technology and the Make in India policy ," said Raha.

Concurrently , the stress is on "improving" the indigenous Tejas Mark-I fighter and then developing the indigenous fifth-generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) or AMCA (advanced medium combat aircraft) by junking the plans of a Tejas Mark-II. As was first reported by TOI, with the preliminary design work for the twin-engine AMCA over, the aim is to fly its first prototype by 2023-2024.

The thrust on AMCA, of course, puts a big question mark on the future of the proposed joint project with Russia to co-develop and co-produce a FGFA modelled on its Sukhoi T-50 or PAK-FA, with India unhappy with the technical, cost and delivery timeframes bedeviling the Russian FGFA. The PAK-FA, for instance, can still not supercruise, which is critical for the capability to "look first and shoot first".

India is now banking its hopes on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Moscow in December to end the logjam, which may see an offthe-shelf purchase of 60-65 fighters to undertaking the joint production envisaged earlier.

Told you Pakistan got Gift wrapped Weapons from China, Happy?? Be happy with your "INDIGENOUS" Stuff.

Oh dear, it rather sounds as if I have displeased you in some arcane manner. It was only an enquiry about Google's nation-building capabilities.

An excellent decision.Indian members here long complained that IAF is pushing for much more and in turn,gaining nothing.Looks like they draw the examples from China where Indigenous products come in batches where each batch slowly incorporates more changes.Hope DRDO HAL IAF will choose same path.As far as we can say,FOC Tejas will be a decent fighter jet,Tejas-1A will be far better.Now while IAF inducts these,we'll be eagerly waiting for Tejas MK-II.

By the way,an EW version of Tejas would be great.

I will agree with you if you can give a valid proof that SP2 has been delivered!!

R & D center:
The Company has a comprehensive Design organisation in its divisions. Out of 29 types of aircraft produced so far, 15 have been of indigenous design. The Company has long experience in design and manufacture of a diversified range of aircraft and its systems. For further growth of the Company it was considered necessary for HAL to strengthen its R&D capability and accordingly the erstwhile Design Bureaus have been restructured and reorganised into the following R&D Centers :

Aircraft R&D Centre - Design and Development of Fixed Wing aircraft (LCA, IJT, MTA, FGFA, UAV)
Rotary Wing Aircraft R&D Centre - Design and Development of Rotary Wing aircraft (ALH, LCH, LUH, MLH, NRUAV)
Mission & Combat Systems R&D Centre - Mission systems, Aircraft upgrades and technology development
Aero Engine R&D Centre - Small, Medium Engines & Test Bed design
Strategic Electronics R&D Centre- Avionics Items.
Transport Aircraft R&D Centre - Development & Modification/ upgrades of Transport Aircraft
Aircraft Upgrades R&D Centre- Aircraft/ System Upgrade Work on Russian Aircraft
Aerospace Systems & Equipment R&D Centre - Development of Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical accessories.
Gas Turbine R&D Centre - Design Improvement of Russian Engines
Central Materials & Processes Laboratory & NDT Centre - Development of Materials, Castings, Forgings & New Processes

The Company takes up maintenance and overhaul services to cover the life cycle requirement of all the old and new products. Presently, 13 types of aircraft/ helicopters and 17 types of engines are being overhauled. In addition, facilities exist for repair/ overhaul of various accessories and avionics fitted on aircraft of Russian, Western and Indigenous designs.

Development Project:
The major on-going indigenous development programs are the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT), Light Combat Helicopter(LCH), Light Utility Helicopter (LUH), Weapon System integration on ALH, Multi-role Transport Aircraft (MTA), Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA), Basic Turboprop Trainer. Design and Development of medium thrust engine has also been taken up. HAL has achieved self-reliance in the area of design and development of Helicopters and Aircraft. Technology development projects have been launched to increase self-reliance in critical areas like the Aircraft Display systems, Mission Computers, Automatic Flight Controls for helicopters, Aircraft Accessories and avionics.

Last edited:
Oh dear, it rather sounds as if I have displeased you in some arcane manner. It was only an enquiry about Google's nation-building capabilities.

No matter what i say it isn't going to change anything, A Typical Indian mind filled with delusion of "Superiority" and "MACHOISM" can't be argued with reason. According to you Pakistan even Lacks an industry then what is there to argue about ?? PAC Kamra make nice tasty Samoosa and Pani Puri HAPPY Now, When Pakistan Painted JF-17 Thunder with green colour even this job was outsourced to a Chinese company, HAPPY Now

Back
Top Bottom