What's new

Indian Air Force (IAF) wants to induct 120 Tejas

No matter what i say it isn't going to change anything, A Typical Indian mind filled with delusion of "Superiority" and "MACHOISM" can't be argued with reason. According to you Pakistan even Lacks an industry then what is there to argue about ?? PAC Kamra make nice tasty Samoosa and Pani Puri HAPPY Now, When Pakistan Painted JF-17 Thunder with green colour even this job was outsourced to a Chinese company, HAPPY Now

Definite displeasure.

Does this mean we won't be friends ever again?

why does it need better intakes? perhaps with a dsi. with regards to the aesa radar the lca will be fitted with a EL/M-2052 aesa. ew suite will most probably come from Israel or France.
it would be great to have F/A-18E/F tyoe sir intakes instead of legacy DSI type as more the volume of air more better power and feul economy

as for AESA there are two types of radar's to choose from EL-2052 , Indian made UTTAM while EL-2052 is plug and play UTTAM will still keep on evolving as for EW suite it again is Israeli one

LDP is Lightning G 4-5

DASH HMDS

as for air to air its primarry wepons again will be israeli Python5 . Derby & I Derby ER and astra 1 &2 as and when they are ready

anything else u want to know :azn:

it would be great to have F/A-18E/F tyoe sir intakes instead of legacy DSI type as more the volume of air more better power and feul economy

as for AESA there are two types of radar's to choose from EL-2052 , Indian made UTTAM while EL-2052 is plug and play UTTAM will still keep on evolving as for EW suite it again is Israeli one

LDP is Lightning G 4-5

DASH HMDS

as for air to air its primarry wepons again will be israeli Python5 . Derby & I Derby ER and astra 1 &2 as and when they are ready

anything else u want to know :azn:
how can a change in the air intake increase the power an reduce fuel consumption if you have an intake similar to the f18. in fact its the opposite. when an f18 is supersonic and it a high altitude the supersonic air going into the jet is to fast and needs to be slowed down. which is where flaps are installed to close the intakes to the extent that the air going in to the engine is slow and high pressure. but this means the jets weight is increased and the cost of the jetis is creased due the installation of complex mechanics. this is method is being used less in future jets the jf-17, j-31 and the f35 have dsi.
below is an example of an f-15 with its flaps fully closed
P_F15_inlet.jpg

the uttam is a likely option for an aesa but i would expect the el-2052 being a likely option as its matured technology whilst the uttam is premature, and would require more testing. and would eventually be inducted in the amca,whilst the lca would have the el-2052.

yes i know the python and derby missile would be on the lca along with the astra.

how can a change in the air intake increase the power an reduce fuel consumption if you have an intake similar to the f18. in fact its the opposite. when an f18 is supersonic and it a high altitude the supersonic air going into the jet is to fast and needs to be slowed down. which is where flaps are installed to close the intakes to the extent that the air going in to the engine is slow and high pressure. but this means the jets weight is increased and the cost of the jetis is creased due the installation of complex mechanics. this is method is being used less in future jets the jf-17, j-31 and the f35 have dsi.
below is an example of an f-15 with its flaps fully closed
View attachment 262235

the uttam is a likely option for an aesa but i would expect the el-2052 being a likely option as its matured technology whilst the uttam is premature, and would require more testing. and would eventually be inducted in the amca,whilst the lca would have the el-2052.

yes i know the python and derby missile would be on the lca along with the astra.
im no air craft enginear but what i said/wrote was what i got to now from someone who knows things about fighter jets and specially IAF and its pressent and past much better than most internet fanboys on PDF

i was talking about this type of intake

images

Uttam AESA is still in testing phase and maturing an needs at least couple of years and its not just for LCA but bisons ,. jags, Mig29s 7 mig29Ks and hopefully for MKI (now dont ask stupid question like why and how its still not ready and its diffrent versions will come with diffrent antenna & processortypes and sizes)

almost everything a israeli fighter jet equipped with EL-2052 carries (air to air , air to ground and anty radiation munations) LCA will have

im no air craft enginear but what i said/wrote was what i got to now from someone who knows things about fighter jets and specially IAF and its pressent and past much better than most internet fanboys on PDF

images

Uttam AESA is still in testing phase and maturing an needs at least couple of years and its not just for LCA but bisons ,. jags, Mig29s 7 mig29Ks and hopefully for MKI (now dont ask stupid question like why and how its still not ready and its diffrent versions will come with diffrent antenna & processortypes and sizes)

almost everything a israeli fighter jet equipped with EL-2052 carries (air to air , air to ground and anty radiation munations) LCA will have

Saturday, February 21, 2015

proxy

UTTAM Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) Radar

SK Sharma, Chairman and Managing Director of BEL told reporters here at Aero India 2015, “Our Active Array Radar is currently being developed in collaboration with DRDO, and would take 2 years to complete. The progress is going good and we hope Tejas could ultimately have homemade radars."

we need lrsam to counter china threat.we cant match them in aircraft production.btw cant we convert aad system for anti-aircraft system.

images

well your source is quiet ill informed. even your mki's have flaps, yes even f18's have flaps, i couldn't find images of an f18 with its flaps deployed.

really? for bison, jags, Mig29s. having aesa's yeah ok you put aesa on jets your decommissioning

Attachments

• pay-back.png
    pay-back.png
    191.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
we need lrsam to counter china threat.we cant match them in aircraft production.btw cant we convert aad system for anti-aircraft system.

We are having AKASH System, the missile system can target aircraft up to 30 km away, at altitudes up to 18,000 m, the system provides air defence missile coverage for an area of 2,000 km².

The Akash Mk-II will be a longer-range, faster and more accurate SAM. The missile will have an intercept range of 30–35 km and increase in the accuracy of the missile's guidance system and the fire control system

An Akash battery comprises four 3D passive electronically scanned array radars and four launchers with three missiles each, all of which are interlinked. Each battery can track up to 64 targets and attack up to 12 of them. The missile has a 60 kg (130 lb) high-explosive, pre-fragmented warhead with a proximity fuse. The Akash system is fully mobile and capable of protecting a moving convoy of vehicles.

i am saying we need similar system to hq9 and s400.akash is tactical system while hq9 and s400 strategic system.we can either buy s400 or can turn aad system into sam.

i am saying we need similar system to hq9 and s400.akash is tactical system while hq9 and s400 strategic system.we can either buy s400 or can turn aad system into sam.

On May 7, 2012, DRDO declared it had developed a Missile Defence Shield that could be put in place at short notice at two selected locations in the country, presumably Delhi and Mumbai. The system would be able to tackle incoming ballistic missiles of range up to 2,000 km. DRDO also said that long-range tracking radars, real-time data-link and mission control systems needed for the perationalisation of the BMD had been “realised”.

ballistic-missile-l.jpg

Based on the Prithvi missile, PAD is a two stage missile with a maximum interception altitude of 80 km (50 mi). The first stage is a liquid fuelled motor while the second stage is solid fuelled.

and einstine you brought of topic and remarks from some other forum and about some other topic to proove what you dont have any idea as to what you are saying and just plain trolling and flame baiting ... try harder anyway post reported :haha:

you lost your credibility when you said the bison,mig27-29 will be fitted with an aesa. besides i know what type of person you really are. the only credible thing you mentioned was the lca blk 2 being fitted with an uttam aesa and changed intakes, but what you failed to mention that the physical aspects of the jet has already been done. the blk-2 will be 1 meter longer have more composites.

Back
Top Bottom