What's new

Indian Air Base at Pathankot under attack by gunmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per news reports it seems that some body (insider) helping them to sneak inside long back and they are engaging forces one by one.
I have my doubts over how the ops was conducted. We all know Garuds are very new to the role and NSG os more for closed and compact areas and not for combing ops.

PARA or RR (alothough out of scope for them) should have been baught, at least resular infantry men.
I'm sorry, but there is a lot of very silly statments going on by people who seem to be quite clueless on a) the roles of units b) military training c) the capablities of specific units.

1.Garuds are "new" to what role exactly? And what does "new" even mean? They, as a unit, are over 10 years old, have served impecably to date around India and around the world. Do you think their 3 years of specalised training in every element of SF capability you can think of is meaningless?

2. The NSG is a counter terror force- end of story. They go where the terrorists are, nothing more, nothing less- this is their entire reason to exsist. There is no such thing as a close quarter/compact area force. As one of the world's premier CT units, they train in a huge range of missions- CQB is just one of them but one that many think is their sole role/capability. I wonder if many are aware that the NSG's SAG operators are airborne qualified? How does that fit with being CQB only? You think the NSG shouldbe sat around 365 days a year waiting for that one "perfect CQB mission"?? Is this how one gets better? Is this what other deciated elite CT teams like DEVGRU, FBI HRT and Delta Force are doing?

Now I'm seeing idiots on NDTV asking why the NSG weren't deployed as sentries at the gates of the AFB instead of the DSC! Come on, get real. Do you think that the NSG isn't up to this task? If so I'd ask you exactly who is? 26/11 proved the steel that exsists within that unit.

+ don't forget, the NSG's "shooters" are 100% made up of ARMY operators- many from the SF.

Asuming from the facts how strangers manage to hide in a base for so long, how comes they know which area is safe for hiding ?
Oh come on yaar ... there is no such place as "safe for hiding" in a base.

I want to see few heads rolling after how various agencies handled this situation. Considering NSG was there on the ground before this attack happened, still it took so long to neutralize the threat. If we are aiming to be a strong nation we must set some strict red lines.
Who exactly are you blaming mate?

The NSG taskforce deployed to Punjab that night were split between a few locations in that area- Army and other civlian locations. The Airbase was but one of the possible targets for a while.

+ why it took so long, someone told me that the area being searched is about half the size of Mumbai and full of structures. The Initiative is always going to be with the enemy in that situation, the area is contained and there is no apparent threat to civlians or strategic assets- unless the NSG and the rest of the joint-SF team want to rush in and see their teamates killed for the sake of a worthless rat, what is the rush? Indian CT docrtine prefers to capture such animals alive anyway where possible. Make him sing like a canary later.

Asuming from the facts how strangers manage to hide in a base for so long, how comes they know which area is safe for hiding ?
That line of thought will be explored sure shot.. If there are 2 groups one came by car and another was present.. Then how the other group on foot sneaked into the base and no one did not recognize "new faces" at all on Saturday?

The car team and other team in a sense divided the whole ops into 2 fronts each with ability to do maximum damage..
Lastly, the biggest question how do they know the inside of base so well that they could easily shoot at mess, run and hide in civilian complexes and keep doing that again and again.. The inside has been done recon prprly so the information of the inside has to be leaked by some one..
There is no chance a new face can get into a base and recon himself.
I am smelling a much larger plot.. The dead terrorists are just pawns.. beyond these pawn at least 1 or 2 are there who gave the recon and intelligence for floorplan/map.

I want to see few heads rolling after how various agencies handled this situation. Considering NSG was there on the ground before this attack happened, still it took so long to neutralize the threat. If we are aiming to be a strong nation we must set some strict red lines.

If we look at developed nations, they take out terrorist before they strike targets.

I really doubt we had any info at all..

So much time , so many casualties.

No idea how they were able hold up and set up traps..

We have wait couple of weeks to get better idea..

The NSG taskforce deployed to Punjab that night were split between a few locations in that area- Army and other civlian locations. The Airbase was but one of the possible targets for a while.

+ why it took so long, someone tole me that the area being searched is about half the size of Mumbai and full of structures. The Initiative is always going to be with the enemy in that situation, the area is contained and there is no apparent threat to civlians or strategic assets- unless the NSG and the rest of the joint-SF team want to rush in and see their teamates killed for the sake of a worthless rat, what is the rush? Indian CT docrtine prefers to capture such animals alive anyway where possible. Make him sing like a canary later.
I am not blaming anyone at this moment bro, but I want no BS assessment/stock of how this all this unfolded and accordingly onus must be put on people who are overseeing this operation. We must strive for better results.

+ why it took so long, someone tole me that the area being searched is about half the size of Mumbai and full of structures. The Initiative is always going to be with the enemy in that situation, the area is contained and there is no apparent threat to civlians or strategic assets- unless the NSG and the rest of the joint-SF team want to rush in and see their teamates killed for the sake of a worthless rat, what is the rush? Indian CT docrtine prefers to capture such animals alive anyway where possible. Make him sing like a canary later.

I think what he meant to suggest may be that in such a case instead of New Delhi controlling ops, the local brigade has to move in and take control of the situation.. Deploying Garuds is good no doubt but i remember correctly, a standard operating procedure should immediately be installed so that whenever such an attack takes place, the local command of all operations and forces in the sector is automatically assumed by the senior-most military officer. In this operation, ideally it should have come under the local Army GOC instead of New Delhi.

Rolling of police heads is needed as they should have closed down Pathankot as they did nt act on either the alleged phone calls nor on SP complaints or on IB inputs.

If we look at developed nations, they take out terrorist before they strike targets.

I really doubt we had any info at all..

So much time , so many casualties.

No idea how they were able hold up and set up traps..

We have wait couple of weeks to get better idea..
No bro, NSG was deployed a day before ... area around the base was cleared early in the evening and barricades were in place. We must be honest in assessing our short coming, so that in future such attacks can be handled in even better way.

All of this has proved that the Indian armed forces are no longer the capable adversaries that we once believed them to be. The Indian military has always been viewed as a worthy adversary ,but these recent events have simply proved that the Indian forces have grown weak and hence :
"THEY'VE GOT A BIG BARK ! BUT A SMALL BITE".
I'm sorry, but there is a lot of very silly statments going on by people who seem to be quite clueless on a) the roles of units b) military training c) the capablities of specific units.

1.Garuds are "new" to what role exactly? And what does "new" even mean? They, as a unit, are over 10 years old, have served impecably to date around India and around the world. Do you think their 3 years of specalised training in every element of SF capability you can think of is meaningless?

2. The NSG is a counter terror force- end of story. They go where the terrorists are, nothing more, nothing less- this is their entire reason to exsist. There is no such thing as a close quarter/compact area force. As one of the world's premier CT units, they train in a huge range of missions- CQB is just one of them but one that many think is their sole role/capability. I wonder if many are aware that the NSG's SAG operators are airborne qualified? How does that fit with being CQB only? You think the NSG shouldbe sat around 365 days a year waiting for that one "perfect CQB mission"?? Is this how one gets better? Is this what other deciated elite CT teams like DEVGRU, FBI HRT and Delta Force are doing?

Now I'm seeing idiots on NDTV asking why the NSG weren't deployed as sentries at the gates of the AFB instead of the DSC! Come on, get real. Do you think that the NSG isn't up to this task? If so I'd ask you exactly who is? 26/11 proved the steel that exsists within that unit.

+ don't forget, the NSG's "shooters" are 100% made up of ARMY operators- many from the SF.[/QUOTE

That line of thought will be explored sure shot.. If there are 2 groups one came by car and another was present.. Then how the other group on foot sneaked into the base and no one did not recognize "new faces" at all on Saturday?

The car team and other team in a sense divided the whole ops into 2 fronts each with ability to do maximum damage..
Lastly, the biggest question how do they know the inside of base so well that they could easily shoot at mess, run and hide in civilian complexes and keep doing that again and again.. The inside has been done recon prprly so the information of the inside has to be leaked by some one..
There is no chance a new face can get into a base and recon himself.
I am smelling a much larger plot.. The dead terrorists are just pawns.. beyond these pawn at least 1 or 2 are there who gave the recon and intelligence for floorplan/map.
And i am 100% sure their motive is not destroying jets and helos but to stay in base as long as they just need publicity of this incident, i don't know who is going to be benefitted with that. Their operation well planned to stay in base as long as possible. Even they are not interested in killing if they are interested they can plant bombs in many places but they don't something very fishy can't figure it out why they are not interested in any trophies but time.

Heyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! What's up folks? Just logged in, Search Op not over yet? What the hell is going on??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom