What's new

Indian Air Base at Pathankot under attack by gunmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's still on, two scumbags are hiding in a Building & firing intermittently. They need to be neutralised.

Why not gas them out? Just taking a wild shot here, I am sure security agencies have taken all options into consideration.

Only thing which makes sense is they need them alive hence prolonging the encounter so that fatigued and under responsive terrorist don't detonate themselves.

still no official statement from the PM or government.

Rajnath Singh and others have spoken on this. Are they not represent GOI? :cuckoo: #modishouldspeak

Why not gas them out? Just taking a wild shot here, I am sure security agencies have taken all options into consideration.

Only thing which makes sense is they need them alive hence prolonging the encounter so that fatigued and under responsive terrorist don't detonate themselves.
This would result in Civilian Casualties. Army is trying to keep it to minimum.

Rajnath Singh and others have spoken on this. Are they not represent GOI? :cuckoo: #modishouldspeak

This would result in Civilian Casualties. Army is trying to keep it to minimum.

How? Aren't the civilians evacuated from the vicinity or are they holding hostages

No it isn't. 57th hour! It is not an easy area to clear given the length and diameter along with the number of structures available to hide. It is said to be a 14 KM area with runway strips, aircraft pens, admin blocks, fueling stations, and then the officers and jawans living area (generally called domestic area in military terms).So, no it is not yet cleared completely.

Tough time for India. We have been through these a number of times and do realize how horrible it feels :(

I can undertand. I myself live near a couple of AF bases.

For people of both sides, can some one logically explain to me what benefit one derives from

1. Assuming ISI really did this going against GoP and PA (both Nawaz Sharif and Raheel Sharif) especially when India Pakistan talks is about everything (including terror and Kashmir)?

2. False flag ops? Why the hell Doval would like to screw his career with a false flag ops killing our own soldiers? what benefit it dervies

3. Why not any third angle besides the above two only?

Would like meaningful responses to understand...

For other who are either making fun of the dead or about the terror attacks or about the usual India vs Pakistan, pls refrain as this tragedy is too big for such small trolling and potshots.. Would like to hear all of your view on this..

Thanks.

RIP to the martyr soldiers..

No "sir" please. Well i hope terrorists gets neutralised.
any updates on fresh casualities??

No updates on casualties.. still trying to find some info about hospitalized ones and if any new ones for today..

How? Aren't the civilians evacuated from the vicinity or are they holding hostages

Thier is no clarification on this. During just concluded press briefing Army said that operations is going slowly as Army is trying to make sure that thier is no collateral damage.

Thier is no clarification on this. During just concluded press briefing Army said that operations is going slowly as Army is trying to make sure that thier is no collateral damage.

That points out to the fact that these terrorists have some kind of leverage either in terms of assets or hostages otherwise the NSG guys could have easily stormed in and neutralize them. They are trained exclusively in neutralizing suicide bombers.

All in all doesnt look well.

That points out to the fact that these terrorists have some kind of leverage either in terms of assets or hostages otherwise the NSG guys could have easily stormed in and neutralize them. They are trained exclusively in neutralizing suicide bombers.

All in all doesnt look well.
Lot of thing being hidden i believe no real info is out or may be ever they tell us the correct version. I am agree with you hostages quite possible, How much ammo they are carrying they can't fight for 3 days straight i believe 2 + terrorists are there taking naps on turns and have access to food and water.

I meant that they have not officially implicated the Pakistan Army/ISI so far, and yes, modi needs to make a statement.

now its official terrorist still fighting

Pathankot terror attack, Day 3: Ops to continue till all terrorists are eliminated, says NSG
447543-pathankot-4.jpg

Pathankot: The National Security Guards Director General on Monday said that cordinated operations by security agencies will continue till all terrorists, believed to be hiding near thePathankot airbase, are completely eliminated.
Today is the third day the operation and so far five terrorists have been killed, however, at least two more are suspected to be alive and hiding in the adjoining forest.

Here are the latest developments:-

-Currently operations are in progress to clear the building where the terrorists are holed up: Army spokesperson.

-These terrorists came prepared to sabotage airbase assets. But I assure you that the assets are now secure: Army spokesperson.

-Want to compliment agencies participating in this operation, salute personnel who lost their lives or are wounded: Army spokesperson.

-Families live here, schools are here too. It is like a mini city here, their safety has been ensured: NSG DG.

-I would like to assure that all personnel and strategic assets are safe: Major General Dushyant Singh, NSG.

-Operations for this airbase are going on smoothly. Given the magnitude, joint ops have been launched: NSG DG

-Ops to continue till all terrorists are eliminated, says NSG DG.

-Two JeM terrorists are still believed to be holed up in the area.

-More reinforcements have been sent to the area and the entire airbase has been cordoned off.

-Heavy security has been deployed outside Indian Air Force Base in Pathankot.

-Operations at the air base, where terrorists had launched a pre-dawn attack on Saturday, continued for the third day.

-Intermittent gunfire, which carried on through yesterday, had stopped late in the evening.

-The Air Force said two terrorists had been holed up at the Pathankot base - from where Russian-made fleet of MiG-21 fighter jets and Mi-35 attack helicopters fly - since Sunday morning.

-Lieutenant Colonel Niranjan Kumar of the National Security Guard, who died during combing operations on Sunday, will be cremated today in his home town in Kerala's Palakkad.

-Funerals of Champion shooter Subedar Fateh Singh and the others will also be held.

-On Sunday evening, Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired a meeting with the National Security Adviser, foreign secretary and other officials to discuss the situation in Pathankot.

-Foreign minister Sushma Swaraj met a group of diplomats to chalk out a strategy on Pakistan. Coming a week after PM Modi's "spontaneous" visit to Pakistan, the attack has triggered a debate over ties with the neighbouring country.
Pathankot terror attack, Day 3: Ops to continue till all terrorists are eliminated, says NSG | Zee News

Lot of thing being hidden i believe no real info is out or may be ever they tell us the correct version. I am agree with you hostages quite possible, How much ammo they are carrying they can't fight for 3 days straight i believe 2 + terrorists are there taking naps on turns and have access to food and water.
captagon ?

captagon ?
Only drug can't help too much, they must have access to water and may be carrying dry fruits anyway its too long i.A should use explosive to take them down or may hiding in sensitive part they don't want to damage that another possibility is hostages, it give hints there are more then two terrorist.

For people of both sides, can some one logically explain to me what benefit one derives from

1. Assuming ISI really did this going against GoP and PA (both Nawaz Sharif and Raheel Sharif) especially when India Pakistan talks is about everything (including terror and Kashmir)?

2. False flag ops? Why the hell Doval would like to screw his career with a false flag ops killing our own soldiers? what benefit it dervies

For other who are either making fun of the dead or about the terror attacks or about the usual India vs Pakistan, pls refrain as this tragedy is too big for such small trolling and potshots.. Would like to hear all of your view on this..

Thanks.

RIP to the martyr soldiers..

No updates on casualties.. still trying to find some info about hospitalized ones and if any new ones for today..
True, now for the third angle:
Attack has some indirect link to US CIA, utilising their assets (moles) in Pakistani ISI, to keep the tensions between India-Pak to prevent Peace in the region and keep supplying both sides with military hardware. This is much more plausible than false flag or any other bs theory. Do recall that US is the top defense exporter in the world...and Pak-india are in the top 5 defense importers.
Peace process must go on, hope Modi isn't stupid enough to call off talks.

Thanks.

4. P!gs who are being hunted in on-going ops Zarb-e-Azab can also use the opportunity to divert focus from them.

Probability of third party was very high, and both parties already acknowledged it and committed that none would be allowed to derail the talks (which imo is pipe dream), but Indian politicians and media as usual acted like dhakans and started bashing Agency, PM and COAS of Pakistan within seconds of attack. Just like there is example of Kargil to justify narrative of Indians, there are also false flag like Samjhoota Express and Killing of Sikhs and Pandits in Kashmir on Clinton's visit to justify narrative of Pakistanis'. So, holier than thou arguments will never stop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom