What's new

Indian aggression at LOC

There is ongoing debate in Indian media..Pakistani establishment is deliberately hiding the casualty figures especially amongst the rangers.
As per the India intelligence sources, Pakistani casualty figures are much higher.
Indian intelligence sources would obviously claim that, and waging a propaganda war is part and parcel of any conflict, so objective observers need to look for actual facts to verify claims being made on either side and analyze the actual situation on the ground (two pretty evenly matched military/paramilitary forces carrying out similar forms of attacks on the other side with similar weapon systems) to verify the validity of claims that one side is somehow inflicting significantly greater casualties on the other.

The number of multiple IDs being created by Indians here is unbelievable.. its like they have nothing better in life. :o:

Please don't disclose my other id "SexyGalfromStockholm" to the PDF members. I am sending quite a few members my banking account and they are depositing funds for me to fly over to meet them :D

That question needs to go to the Modi Government ...

Modi has given a fitting reply to people like you. YOU started it. And BSing about this doesn't change the facts. He has said, say what you want, if you repeat this we will make the body count really really count.

Hence proved, the level of your ignorance about Pakistani media and your retarded statement that I'm all over Pakistani print or electronic media and there is no mention of LOC news to be found whereas all newspaper are keeping us apprised of what's going on at LOC
Wah...Muddai bhi tu...Vakil bhi tu...aurJudge bhi tu...

Show me a picture of the damage from Pakistani side...Do you have any ... NONE.
There are enought from border areas from India... that would tell you how muzzled your media is .

What an Irony....for the past 9 days both India and Pakistan have been bombing each other, and now Malala and Kailash gets the Nobel prize for peace.

Looks like once the GoP leadership decided enough was enough and issued public warnings to India, 'Modi Sarkar" decided it was time to back off:

Kashmir Clashes Subside as Pakistan Warns India
ISLAMABAD — Oct 10, 2014, 6:51 AM ET
By MUNIR AHMED and AIJAZ HUSSAIN Associated Press

Fighting in Kashmir between India and Pakistan subsided on Friday as Pakistan's prime minister met with advisers and military chiefs to discuss the latest spasm of violence in the disputed Himalayan region, which has killed at least 21 civilians over the past week.

The flare-up has been the most serious violation of a 2003 cease-fire accord between India and Pakistan.

The government in Islamabad said Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif convened the National Security Committee to discuss "tensions" along the so-called "Line of Control" that separates Pakistan-controlled Kashmir from Indian-held Kashmir.

A statement after the meeting said Pakistan was resolved to respond to any attempts to challenge its territorial integrity and sovereignty "with full force" and that its military was "fully prepared to deal with any adversity at our borders".

Clashes first erupted on Sunday as Muslims in the region were preparing to celebrate the key Islamic holiday of Eid al-Adha.

Over the following days, mortar-and-gunfire exchanges killed 13 Pakistani and eight Indian villagers. Scores were also wounded and tens of thousands were displaced, fleeing their homes to seek shelter with relatives in nearby villages.

Before the lull, an Indian security official said Pakistani troops used small arms and mortar shells late Thursday to target the Hiranagar sector in Indian-held Kashmir region of Jammu. The official said the intensity of the shelling was less, compared to previous days.

The top Indian administrative official in the region, who goes by the name of Shantmanu, said that Pakistani fire wounded at least 10 civilians overnight. He said 90 people, including six border guards, were wounded since Sunday and that the fighting displaced 50,000 Indian villagers.

A Pakistani security official also confirmed the lull in the fighting, saying Friday was the first day in a week that there have been "no exchanges of fire."

Both the Indian and the Pakistani security official spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to media.

Pakistani foreign ministry spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam told reporters that Pakistan was "exercising great care to avoid civilian casualties" and insisted her country did not escalate the situation.

"Our response has been strong and measured," she said. "Fire is returned from where it comes."

Pakistan and India have a history of tense relations and fought two of the three major wars over the mountainous Himalayan region.

While the Line of Control is guarded by both the Pakistani and Indian armies, each country uses a separate paramilitary border force to guard the lower-altitude frontier, defined by coils of razor wire that snake across foothills marked by ancient villages, tangled bushes and fields of rice and corn.

India accuses Pakistan of training and arming insurgent groups which have been fighting for Kashmir's merger with Pakistan or its independence since 1989. Pakistan denies India's claim. Both claim the Muslim-dominated Kashmir region in its entirety.
Kashmir Clashes Subside as Pakistan Warns India - ABC News

As @ares pointed out, no one is immune from nationalism. And while I appreciate ares comments regarding my posting, I will admit that my posting attitudes vary based on the individuals I am interacting with.
If the discussion was solely between posters such as @ares @Bang Galore etc. and myself, the tone and content on both sides would probably be of higher quality with more consistency. But because we all have to interact with and respond to "highly emotional posters" on both sides, that tends to skew our responses at times. I would therefore suggest that you read posts in "context" - some posts are meant specifically as a response to another post, and should not be read in the context of the broader discussion of the topic
I appreciate your statement. Maintain that quality with me too, I don't have hyper nationalistic attitude but also I am not immune to nationalism. But I give my words I never resort to trolling until some sparking is smoked by another side. :)

Looks like once the GoP leadership decided enough was enough and issued public warnings to India, 'Modi Sarkar" decided it was time to back off:

Kashmir Clashes Subside as Pakistan Warns India
ISLAMABAD — Oct 10, 2014, 6:51 AM ET
By MUNIR AHMED and AIJAZ HUSSAIN Associated Press

Fighting in Kashmir between India and Pakistan subsided on Friday as Pakistan's prime minister met with advisers and military chiefs to discuss the latest spasm of violence in the disputed Himalayan region, which has killed at least 21 civilians over the past week.

The flare-up has been the most serious violation of a 2003 cease-fire accord between India and Pakistan.

The government in Islamabad said Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif convened the National Security Committee to discuss "tensions" along the so-called "Line of Control" that separates Pakistan-controlled Kashmir from Indian-held Kashmir.

A statement after the meeting said Pakistan was resolved to respond to any attempts to challenge its territorial integrity and sovereignty "with full force" and that its military was "fully prepared to deal with any adversity at our borders".

Clashes first erupted on Sunday as Muslims in the region were preparing to celebrate the key Islamic holiday of Eid al-Adha.

Over the following days, mortar-and-gunfire exchanges killed 13 Pakistani and eight Indian villagers. Scores were also wounded and tens of thousands were displaced, fleeing their homes to seek shelter with relatives in nearby villages.

Before the lull, an Indian security official said Pakistani troops used small arms and mortar shells late Thursday to target the Hiranagar sector in Indian-held Kashmir region of Jammu. The official said the intensity of the shelling was less, compared to previous days.

The top Indian administrative official in the region, who goes by the name of Shantmanu, said that Pakistani fire wounded at least 10 civilians overnight. He said 90 people, including six border guards, were wounded since Sunday and that the fighting displaced 50,000 Indian villagers.

A Pakistani security official also confirmed the lull in the fighting, saying Friday was the first day in a week that there have been "no exchanges of fire."

Both the Indian and the Pakistani security official spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to media.

Pakistani foreign ministry spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam told reporters that Pakistan was "exercising great care to avoid civilian casualties" and insisted her country did not escalate the situation.

"Our response has been strong and measured," she said. "Fire is returned from where it comes."

Pakistan and India have a history of tense relations and fought two of the three major wars over the mountainous Himalayan region.

While the Line of Control is guarded by both the Pakistani and Indian armies, each country uses a separate paramilitary border force to guard the lower-altitude frontier, defined by coils of razor wire that snake across foothills marked by ancient villages, tangled bushes and fields of rice and corn.

India accuses Pakistan of training and arming insurgent groups which have been fighting for Kashmir's merger with Pakistan or its independence since 1989. Pakistan denies India's claim. Both claim the Muslim-dominated Kashmir region in its entirety.
Kashmir Clashes Subside as Pakistan Warns India - ABC News

Did hear similar stories during and just after the Kargil war....and after sometime the truth came out. Don't worry....what ever makes you guys happy...but after few years the truth will be out in the public domain.

Modi has given a fitting reply to people like you. YOU started it. And BSing about this doesn't change the facts. He has said, say what you want, if you repeat this we will make the body count really really count.
Heck, even an Indian Army General who spent time on the LoC is now writing that all this talk about "India giving a befitting reply to Pakistan" is nothing but talk - India simply does not have the military capacity to do more than a "tit for tat", which is how it has always been along the LoC. The only thing different between the Congress government and the BJP is the media rhetoric to inflate Modi's "56 inch chest" with hot air.
India cannot give Pakistan Army befitting reply

"There is a new government in India with 282 seats and the world now recognises India" is the common refrain but this will not wash with Pak. With 489 seats late Rajiv Gandhi had to seek a meeting with General Zia ul Haq to defuse Operation Brasstacks in 1986 which was threatening to blow up into a war. The simple fact is that India has not developed a decisive, conventional military superiority to give Pakistan army a befitting reply. So what you get instead is 'Act Tough' rhetoric amounting t ..

Read more at:
India cannot give Pakistan Army befitting reply - The Economic Times

Heck, even an Indian Army General who spent time on the LoC is now writing that all this talk about "India giving a befitting reply to Pakistan" is nothing but talk - India simply does not have the military capacity to do more than a "tit for tat", which is how it has always been along the LoC. The only thing different between the Congress government and the BJP is the media rhetoric to inflate Modi's "56 inch chest" with hot air.

Yeah, well let's count the bodies and see then. When I come across people like you, I have no problems with the Army going all out.

Did hear similar stories during and just after the Kargil war....and after sometime the truth came out. Don't worry....what ever makes you guys happy...but after few years the truth will be out in the public domain.
The timeline is pretty straightforward - the GoP was largely silent through all of this, with rational and constructive comments from the foreign office regarding "maintaining peace etc.". The last couple of days was when the GoP really issued some strong statements, and now we start seeing the situation calm down ...

Yeah, well let's count the bodies and see then. When I come across people like you, I have no problems with the Army going all out.
If you want to boast about and take pride in the Indian Army/BSF killing more Pakistani civilians, go ahead - that is nothing more than a shameful reflection on your attitudes and values.

Nope, but the internet warrior section of Indians is generally much more napaak.

Yes after bjp's win,there has been a lot of saffron coloured bots lurking here:lol:

Back
Top Bottom