What's new

Indian AEW&C at Baharin International Airshow

I thought that 3 more phalcons will be ordered.

No, the additional order was 2 more, so IAF will have a total of 5 x A50 Phalcons.

Dude, I think you're being a little too tough. On AWACS, since it's the cheapest system in the world, word on 'export potential' has been there since the start.

It' probably is the cheapest radar system in the world, but till now we don't have any really comparable performance specs or even costs. What we know so far, are estimates based on the ground tests DRDO made, but the integration into the aircrafts and all necessary tests are still going and must be finished as soon as possible, because we need these aircrafts patroling alongside our borders, not on air shows in foreign countries.
Again, I have nothing against PR or exports, but not by compromising Indias defence!

DSC03947.JPG

DSC03916.JPG

PR for the same AWACS from earlier Aero India air shows, so why not do the same in Bahrain? Why waste time and money to use one of the few test and integration aircrafts we have currently, to not only make a static display, but even a flight display as the news states?

And what LCA will be displayed? Models!!! So why can't they do the same with the mock up of the aircraft or the antenna? Because they want to show off!!!

There are enough LCA's flying around which can be displayed. No where does it say's models will be displayed. Even if it is Models, so what ? Even if they want to show off, what is the problem ? what is your problem ?

And it's hilarious that you see anything other than embarrassment will be shown off there, look at the facts and don't blind yourself with pride. DRDO has neither developed the AWACS platform, nor designed or produced the figher that they are showing, in fact all systems they were meant to develop for these aircrafts are not ready yet! To me that's embarrassing, but DRDO is know to ignore the reality, so it's not that surprising either.

You have unwittingly admitted to a key fact. You are Embarrassed.

Don't you feel its a bit strange to be embarrassed of something when you had NOTHING to do with it ? Why do you think that is ? I do not want to do a public psycho analysis of what your have said ....but do try to think about it.

I however do not feel even the slightest sense of shame. Because my own sense of worth is not linked to DRDO's success. It is linked to who I am and what I do. However I do feel pride in DRDO's success.

Hehe, when you can't stand the facts, why even try? This nonsense talk that you now have to come up with actually proves only, that DRDO has nothing achieved yet, otherwise you could have come up with at least any prove isn't it? And I don't even blame you, I blame DRDO for not fulfilling their promises, but unlike you, I see and say things as they are! When they have achieved something, I will be happy about it too, but won't find cheap excuses or justifications for them and their failures in the meantime.

You still do not get it. I DO NOT EVEN SEE THE NEED TO PROVE ANYTHING. Every body knows what DRDO has achieved.

The Reality is DRDO's has done all the hard work, while you have done nothing. (except post in a pakistani forum)

Your words should in reality bring embarrassment to you. Strange that it does not. I guess bad mouthing others makes you feel important and smart. I am quite happy to applauder DRDO for their success and support them through their failures. The world of R&D is a journey, not a destination. Another reality is that we do not have any other capacity or organizations that is even remotely as capable as DRDO.

Do not be so naive or conceited to believe you are the only one with 'sight' and the others are blind. This is my last post on the topic. I have taken time to explain this to you because I respect the effort you have put in pdf.

Erieyes are only as good as long as they still exist, by the way how many were damaged or destroyed during Kamra AB attack?

As they still exist? Lmao ... 1 AWACS was damages/destroyed but not the System the platform..
In short right now 6 AWACS are in service confirmed.. 1 not sure ..

@sancho, since there seems to be a revival of the Saras program. Do you think it would be possible in the future to use Saras rather than the Brazilian aircraft, or is Saras just too small.

@sancho, since there seems to be a revival of the Saras program. Do you think it would be possible in the future to use Saras rather than the Brazilian aircraft, or is Saras just too small.

As AWACS plattform? No, it's too small as a platform and don't fulfill the requirements of IAF wrt to ceilling and most likely not for speed and range either. We might see conversions to replace the coast guard Do 228 in the maritime patrol roles, but that's it I guess.

Any Idea why HAL Rudra and LCH are not participating??

Back
Top Bottom