What's new

Indian 40mm UBGL Finally Enters Mass Production

trident2010

Reaction score
Country
India
Indian 40mm UBGL Finally Enters Mass Production

DRDO_nlaugust-745330.JPG

Great news...steps like these will improve the firepower of the foot soldiers .

These are just the starting steps of F-INSAS programme.

Good news.. one more step towards self reliance in defence.. :cheers:

A good step. Really appreciable one but why did it have to take this long to judge this???????

Anyways, it has finally been accepted which is the thing worth cheering.

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

A good step. Really appreciable one but why did it have to take this long to judge this???????

Anyways, it has finally been accepted which is the thing worth cheering.

Good step..One question though is it can intergrate with Tavor TAR-21?? are we using Turkish UBGL now in Tavor TAR-21?

Good step..One question though is it can intergrate with Tavor TAR-21?? are we using Turkish UBGL now in Tavor TAR-21?
I think its not a good idea....You have TAR21 for Specops right? Correct me if i am wrong. And specops usually called upon when there is a hostage situation. no body want to blow that place up with 40MM grenade. For such purpose (the blowing up) ever needed to Specops they'll use Insas fitted with rifle grenade instead of modifying orignal TAR21.
Just my opinion.

I think its not a good idea....You have TAR21 for Specops right? Correct me if i am wrong. And specops usually called upon when there is a hostage situation. no body want to blow that place up with 40MM grenade. For such purpose (the blowing up) ever needed to Specops they'll use Insas fitted with rifle grenade instead of modifying orignal TAR21.
Just my opinion.

We have TAR 21 for the Para Commandos in the Indian Army and they dont do hostage situations unless there is no option.

Para Commandos have other roles which special forces of an army has..for hostage situations we have NSG..which are well equipped with all the appropriate stuff.

I think there is a photo of a Para Commando posing with his TAR 21 fitted with a UBGL after a operation.

Just my opinion.

can be used for launching, smoke, tear gas, flash grenades too. So the UBGL has tactical advantages.

Have seen it way back in 2003/4!!! Now they have cleared it for bulk production!!! Its clear why IA is way behind IN and IAF in terms of modernization. :hitwall:

Just my opinion.

Not always.....in recent times in Kashmir we have seen the terrorists hiding inside hotels or houses and firing upon the soldiers..In that case this UBGL becomes a very valuable weapons instead of wasting time and bullets.

the (21RR) Ristrya rifles ,the prime fighting mechanism:sniper: against jihadi freaks in J&k is very much lucky of getting there hands on first batch of UBGl-TAR21,earlier they used AK74 or AKM ,some with or without 20MM UBGL.
i won't recommend(from my experience) 40mm UBGl for ak's Or rounds > 5.56 as it makes it too bulky or creates problems who are not used to it as it is not a part of standard accessories .

the classic advantage with tavore is its bulpup design ,which best suits for UBGL .RR & other IA units in Kashmir already have russian multiple Grenade launchers which are more effective.the round used in these UBGL varies like my friend said added some splinters ,highly inflammable:flame: (which burst in a ball of fire on impact )rounds also used depending on requirement.

i don't expect insas or ak be a good choice for 40MM UBGL, others may think otherwise :what:

the (21RR) Ristrya rifles ,the prime fighting mechanism

Sir..with all due respect you shouldnt have written this.

There are other RR units doing equally good job...to call one as prime isnt good.

When i used to live in Kashmir..BB Cantt..there was only one RR that ruled and it was the 24 RR(bihar regiment)...but still to call it the prime wasnt a good thing.

I hope you understand.

Sir..with all due respect you shouldnt have written this.

There are other RR units doing equally good job...to call one as prime isnt good.

When i used to live in Kashmir..BB Cantt..there was only one RR that ruled and it was the 24 RR(bihar regiment)...but still to call it the prime wasnt a good thing.

I hope you understand.

things with which you are closed to are always best , least to your eyes,21RR who i know.:coffee:
with all due respect the personnel in RR are derived from various units of IA on deputation.
& bi the way i did my part of schooling from one of army school near area called satwadi in jammu cantt ,hope u heard that place before:undecided:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom