What's new

India, your name could be Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
BD holds 2/3 of Bengal dadda :D

yeah that's true 2/3, 1/3 unjustified division, I should say!! :D

Anyways basically the reason is during partition, Bengal had one of the highest Muslim population, among the Indian states, 60-40 I guess, that's why the division was done like that.

Bengal was one of those state where Muslim League had power and not Indian National Congress!

but arent u an indian?:undecided: .........bangladeshis eat that meal ?

No no! Bengalis eat fish. Nothing about Indian, Bangladeshi. :D

add beef meat with it :laugh:

Nowadays many Bengali youths eat beef in India as well. You'll get quite a few restaurants in Kolkata serving Beef. There's a famous restaurant where too good beef steak was served, we were very regular there, in our college days. Even nowadays when I go, at least once, we friends meet up there. Personally I like Beef. :D

add beef meat with it :laugh:

Then you shouldn't invite @Marshmallow for Iftari ! :fie:

I did & she ate everything & I mean everything ! She even ate everything in the Kitchen Cupboards, the Fridge & the Freezer.....heck she even ate the vegetables I was growing in my small vegetable garden.......! :cray:

Subbb kuch khaa liyaa iss Buffalo neii aur mereii leii eik Khajooor bhi na choooriii ! :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
No no! Bengalis eat fish. Nothing about Indian, Bangladeshi. :D

Nowadays many Bengali youths eat beef in India as well. You'll get quite a few restaurants in Kolkata serving Beef. There's a famous restaurant where too good beef steak was served, we were very regular there, in our college days. Even nowadays when I go, at least once, we friends meet up there. Personally I like Beef. :D

banglalis are also called bangladeshies? arent these same?

banglalis are also called bangladeshies? arent these same?

hehehe......... Bengali is a race/language...... erstwhile Bengal state of British India was divided into East and West Bengal. East Bengal became East Pakistan and Current Bangladesh subsequently and West Bengal remained as a state of India. So Bengalis are present both in India and Bangladesh but they are divided by religion. Indians Hindus - Bangladeshis Muslims.

Then you shouldn't invite @Marshmallow for Iftari ! :fie:

I did & she ate everything & I mean everything ! She even ate everything in the Kitchen Cupboards, the Fridge & the Freezer.....heck she even ate the vegetables I was growing in my small vegetable garden.......! :cray:

Subbb kuch khaa liyaa iss Buffalo neii aur mereii leii eik Khajooor bhi na choooriii ! :cry:

:tongue::tongue:

ill pay it back ok!! :police: humari backyard mi jo cockroaches,ants or cats puri reti hain ill give it to u in return to have them in aftari haha

nw say thanks
smileys-applause-676852.gif

hehehe......... Bengali is a race/language...... erstwhile Bengal state of British India was divided into East and West Bengal. East Bengal became East Pakistan and Current Bangladesh subsequently and West Bengal remained as a state of India. So Bengalis are present both in India and Bangladesh but they are divided by religion. Indians Hindus - Bangladeshis Muslims.

o rite!!! is the lang same?

Last edited by a moderator:
o rite!!! is the lang same?

one more thing, in India not only West Bengal, but Tripura is also a Bengali state and Assam also has a huge population. Many people during partition came and settled in these states.

Yes the language is same but the dialect is different though!

The comparison is quite similar to Ind-Pak Punjab.

Guess which revolution is all set to complete very soon. ;)

Yes, you got it. A united Pakhtoonistan. You will be reunited with the Bar Pakhtoons and live happily ever after under the Talibs.

I know some of you may not relish the prospect. ;)

An idea coined by a Marxist. Yeah good luck with that one :laugh:

one more thing, in India not only West Bengal, but Tripura is also a Bengali state and Assam also has a huge population. Many people during partition came and settled in these states.

Yes the language is same but the dialect is different though!

The comparison is quite similar to Ind-Pak Punjab.

do u ppl have relatives in other bangladesh? do u visit them?

well, arabic origin is technically incorrect . many of us have Afghan origin, who migrated around 1400-1600 after muslim conquest . 99% of east bengal was jungle area, it had very small hindu population .new settlers converted jungle into farm land and quickly outnumbered local hindus as the land of plenty attracted new settlers from rough afghan terrain. muslim community grew stronger and formed jamindaris outmuscling local hindu community. the religion islam attracted darker low caste hindus and a mass conversion of lower caste took place . we present day bengalis are a peculiar mixture of these two groups.

1. Actually the first Muslims were those who had received The Message through Sahabi Abu Waqqs RA during the lifetime of The Holy Prophet PBUH. These were Arabs - semi Arabs who had been settling along the coastline - roughly present day Chittagong, Sylhet and Barisal divisionsand Arakan.

2. In the continuous wars between the Mughal-Uzbeks and Patahn - Afghans in SA, the latter had established their power base here. As such a bulk of the population in N Bengal, O/bangla and Bihar have lineage to Afghan-Pathans. Our emperor and hero Sher Shah was an Afghan.

3. It is a common misconception that large low cast Hindus had taken to Islam. In fact in SA, Brahmins and Khatryas had found it convenient to convert to the religion of the rulers to prosper and progress in govt service and the army. Almost all of them retain their Hindu tribal/clan identity. Bhuttos and Zardaris are Rajputs. In Bengal we have Muslims who are Mazumdar, Biswas, Chaowdhury, Thakur, etc.

4. The low cast did not convert to Islam because that would conflict with their hereditary vocation. Muslims were also not too keen that they should leave the work of sweepers, barbers, cobblers, etc. Christian missionaries, on the other hand targeted them with easy incentives. They also retained their hereditary jobs, and in fact remained in a similar situation among Christians. Islam, on the contrary, would have allowed them to eat and pray with all others in equality and brotherhood.

do u ppl have relatives in other bangladesh? do u visit them?

No yaar!! Not much. My ancestors were from East Bengal, but all came to Calcutta before partition. Most Hindus migrated, hence very few have any ancestry left. But I would definitely like to visit Bangladesh once. Nowadays many people visit.

% of Hindus much less now in BD. Many came during partition, rest came during 1971. But still there are few staying in Bangladesh even now. One of my friend just got married a month back. His wife was from Dhaka. Only after marriage she settled in Kolkata.

The sad part is that even after conversion and worshiping their own invaders, these converts got treated as Ajlaf, second class Muslims.

A fact that we can see in the ME countries as well where the Arabs treat them with disdain as they consider themselves the only first class Muslims and the darker skinned people as Abids (slaves).

Na ghar ka, na ghat ka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom