What's new

India, your name could be Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islamic is. We still follow the rich Bengal culture. Just not the hindu parts. Anyway, West Bengal lost all its credibility as Bengali once it went under Delhi

Islamic != Bengali. Hindu = Bengali. The Bengali script is derived from Sanskrit if I am not mistaken, a holy HIndu language. Not Turkic, or Arab (Islamic lanuguage), or Persian or whatever else....

They are converted Hindus. Besides it would be too much nauseating to see islamic symbolism from our both sides of border.

Doesn't matter. Converted Hindus/ex-hindus = non-Hindu. They should stick to their Pashto folk songs (since they are descendants of Afghans now according to this forum poster) and Burkhas.

Interesting. I however have not seen any Bangladeshis that look/belong to the former group (of Afghans) in my life...

Question: Why do so many of you Bangladeshis still practice Hindu culture even after converting? I mean things like wearing the Sari (which many Islamic scholars call unislamic as it shows skin), putting the tilak on forehead, wearing bangles, and still using a language derived from Sanskrit (a holy Hindu language).

DO you see a day when finally you Bangladeshis will stop stealing our Hindu culture and heritage? Will I finally see a day when BD (known as descendants of Afghans) wears Burkhas (without bangles) and stops doing tilak on forehead like Afghans do (and stop pretending to be Indians/Hindus)? Or are we stuck with you identity-confused entities for a long time?

They were looked at with contempt and the rapine and genocide happened because the "superior West Pakistanis" (especially the tribals) looked at the "Hinduized", "low lying people of a low lying land", "dark and funny accented" Bengalis with contempt.

Though I have contempt for those people as well, some here have set me thinking. ;)

Did they have a point after all!

They are not bengali, they are bangrabs :D
the real Bengali people are the descendants of Aryan-Indigenous assimilation and they are the followers of the Vedic culture and civilisation.unlike the bangaldeshis our ancestors never got converted into another religion and even today we follow the religion which was followed by our ancestors and only the Indian Bengalis are the true carrier of the Vedic Bengali culture and civilisation!

With the utter burning of indian members just reading an article written by one non subcontinent guy.

The article means no one gives a crap to Bangladesh and a typical Briton will have a hard time locating Bangladesh in the map, that forces the sub par Bangladeshi restaurants to opt for Indian cuisines and names.

In Britain, the phrase “going for an Indian” would not conjure up visions of some kind of racial attack. Rather, it would describe what has become Britain’s favourite eating out activity.

The trouble is of course, that it is a fundamentally incorrect description of the intended activity since over 75% of the restaurants described are in fact owned, operated and where possible, staffed by Bangladeshis.

Dopiaza is a Hyderabadi dish :lol: Wannabes!

Be proud of your murir ghonto and maach bhaat, stop hating on yourself.
hey mate both Murir Ghonto and Maach Bhat are traditional Bengali food(I mean Indian Bengali food)!bangaldeshis don't even know how to cook a traditional Murir Ghoto preparation.if you want to try some you should definitely come to Kolkata as nobody can make a murir Ghoto or a Maacher Jhol preparation so tasty like a Kolkatan:cheers:

Actually only Indian Bengali owned restaurants serve authentic Bengali cuisine of both East and West Bengali origin, eg Oh! Calcutta, Bhajahari Manna etc. Most of the Bangladeshi owned hotels sell cheap curries.
Dada you literally nailed him with that!btw kokhono tumi Bhojohari Manna te Chital maacher muithha kheyecho?jodi na kheye thako then you must try some soon as its absolutely delicious:smitten:

Soloh ana Bengali does good Bengali style food too. There is this boutique restaurant called "Fish Fish" in Ballygunje, best fish I have ever had!
Dada i think you have got a soft spot for the traditional Bengali cuisines:cheers:.well good for you as authentic Bengali dishes(not wannabe arab dishes) are really delicious to eat:smitten:

Islamic != Bengali. Hindu = Bengali. The Bengali script is derived from Sanskrit if I am not mistaken, a holy HIndu language. Not Turkic, or Arab (Islamic lanuguage), or Persian or whatever else....

And why does deriving from a script you lot consider holy, make it hindu? well anyway, by that logic, we eat hindu meat too :laughcry:

:woot: so in other words you are looked down upon by wb bengalis.......................thats just sad:cry:

:agree:
hey Bengalis originating from East Bengal are by no means Bangaldeshis!they don't pretend to be wannabe arabs like you guys!heck the West Bengalis(Ghotis) consider their East Bengali counterparts as Bengalis only and even if there are some rifts between the two communties that happen only during the soccer games,otherwise we are all proud Indian Bengalis and we have nothing in common with you Bangaldeshis.Period:coffee:!

:woot: so in other words you are looked down upon by wb bengalis.......................thats just sad:cry:

:agree:

There's nothing called East Bengali, West Bengali nowadays. All are proud Bengalis. Those terms are obsolete now! So that's an epic troll fail!! :D

And why does deriving from a script you lot consider holy, make it hindu? well anyway, by that logic, we eat hindu meat too :laughcry:

Tells you about the origin of the language/ethnicity and its roots (we are talking about a linguistic ethnicity here).

Do you honestly consider Muslims to be Bengali in the cultural sense.? I dont. I only consider our Indian Hindu Bengalis in West Bengal as Bengalis.

I would maybe classify the Bangladeshis that wear saris, have tilaks on forehead for women, wear bangles etc as Bengalis. But these are all Hindu traits, and the Bangladeshis that do so are being Bengalis, at the cost of being "good Muslims".

Hindus = Bangles, tilak on womens forehead, saris, language involved from a HIndu Sanskrit script. HIndu Bengalis in West Bengal meet this criteria. Muslim Bangladeshis don't. Thats my honest opinion.

Overall, the centre of Bengali culture is in West Bengal around Kolkata now. You guy sare free to go claim Arab culture :tup: (or Afghan culture apparently as kobiraaz mentioned)

Naam me kya rakha hai

You should be thankful to us or else you had to name your country "Kangladesh" after 71

AT the rate the Pakistanis and the Biharis were going at it on these "Bengalis" (sorry kobiraaz I mean descendants of Afghans), I feel BiharDesh would be more accurate.

We could have donated Lalu Prasad to be the Prime Minister of BiharDesh :rofl:

There's nothing called East Bengali, West Bengali nowadays. All are proud Bengalis. Those terms are obsolete now! So that's an epic troll fail!! :D

u r also a bong funny lots of bongs r here:undecided:

so will the indians be seeing eating fish n chips or fish n rice in every meal if that happens?
@Aka123

Last edited by a moderator:

BD holds 2/3 of Bengal dadda :D

so will the indians be seeing eating fish n chips or fish n rice in every meal if that happens?
@Aka123

Marsha, fish is our(Bengalis) staple diet, we eat fish (different types) in almost every meal of ours. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom