What's new

India will top China: Howard

When it can build decent industrial goods, infrastructure, roads, have a home grown industry of consumer good and more important better quality human capital. The indian can churn our world largest figures of doctors and engineers but their quality is not on par even with Pakistani's.

And howard is one dumb idiot who has grown through the preception of Chinese being sci-fi like robotics who will gradually wear down to death due artifically slowed reproduction.

More than China, is a real threat of india going down the drain due to its uncontrolled birth rate becoming a resource hog of asia in next decade as well growing destitution giving rise to human crisis, intra group tensions, etc etc.

When it can build decent industrial goods, infrastructure, roads, have a home grown industry of consumer good and more important better quality human capital. The indian can churn our world largest figures of doctors and engineers but their quality is not on par even with Pakistani's.

And howard is one dumb idiot who has grown through the preception of Chinese being sci-fi like robotics who will gradually wear down to death due artifically slowed reproduction.

More than China, is a real threat of india going down the drain due to its uncontrolled birth rate becoming a resource hog of asia in next decade as well growing destitution giving rise to human crisis, intra group tensions, etc etc.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Look who is talking :blah::blah: the county with ever bursting population and highest population growth.

And for rest of ur wet dream and BS :wave:

Look who is talking :blah::blah: the county with ever bursting population and highest population growth.

And for rest of ur wet dream and BS :wave:

We merely went double betwen 1947 and 2010 while india has quadriplled. Also on average I have seen Indian familes have 4-5 kids. Especially those from North and hydrabad! looks like they compete for number of kids..or my woman is stronger than yours! :rofl: (intended as humor)

India will soon surpass China in Economy
on 10/05/10 • Categorized as Business ( 359 views )
0digg 0

India’s economy is showing a good progress with the youngsters around and capitalist economy out beats the democracy. Indian economy is expanding at the rate of 8.5 %, but though it has a long time to surpass China which is four times bigger than India the growth of India could sweep over China by 2013.

According to some of the economists India will be larger than any other country within 25 years. But still questions arise and is doubtful about the growth after watching stagnant water pool spreading dengue ,collapsing bridges ,unclean toilets ,tight security forces and terrorist attacks , connected to Common Wealth Games, all of which can give only a second rating to India. Another reason, a much confused government which is self biased, retarding the development of the poor and involving in fights for even small matters.

But private companies are quite strong and most of the entrepreneurs are jumping ahead with small business and good networks globally. These entrepreneurs are not at all dependent on state and are quite innovative and customers have tendency to response to them.

Growth could be a miracle in the Asian economy as India has got more working young force than older people according to census. The ratio of children and aged people to working group adults is alarming and will remain as such for a generation.

In India young people have great ideas and constant flow, unlike Chinese culture, where there is no censorship, secrecy and piracy. The culture of India is best suited for knowledge based Industries like software, yet there is unemployment as well as unstable infrastructure. But the government is trying to solve this issue by persuading private business firms to build up the capital, even though there is corruption.

who said that the quality of engineers are not par with pakistan u r just day dreaming .The IIT of India are one of the best colleges in the world with 5 IIT in top 100 and there isnt one from Pakistan so just dont bluff
Top 100 Engineering Colleges of World...

not only IIT's IIMs are also know as top Business schools in the world and ISB is ranked 16 in the world...
in medical field India has vast experience and many foreign patients prefer India for medical surgeries because India is Bit cheep and has Excellent Infrastructure in Medical field and in every terms india provide excellent engineers and doctors....
before commenting on other country see about yours...

I to some extent agree with Howard. Although China did a commendable job, as Howard says, I feel ‘China will grow old before it can become rich’. Another important factor that differentiates China from India, and I feel more important than the demographics, is the entrepreneurial culture. Most of the actions that had build or building the Indian economy and the markets are driven by private sector and by first generation entrepreneurs, while in China the economy is mainly driven by the Government actions. In long run private action ration resources much better than Government ever will.

these point have some validity however the flip side of the coin can be said for india, an exploding population is not a good thing and present its own very serious challenges on the same scale as "getting old before getting rich" everything from how to feed everyone and providing jobs...the basic necessities of life. that is the whole reason the one child policy is even in place because even as recently as 20 years ago china had to ration its food and other supplies. and as some have said one child policy can be removed easily enough the debate is already starting on whether to keep it. on the other side can india put a one child policy in place before exploding population brings disaster?

and as to the "entrepreneurial culture" what is wrong with having the government jump start the economy and then having the private companies follow? given what we know so far china is doing just fine, it grows faster than india(given the government red carpet for foreign investors) and is now hosting many large private companies who have benefited from this influx of investments

Yes it was - have you heard of the Reagan Doctrine.
Reagan Doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Reagan Doctrine isn't a document. In fact the term "Reagan Doctrine" was never used by the Reagan Administration. It was merely a term given by contemporary and later observers of US foreign policy.

A current example would be China's "string of pearls" strategy in the Indian Ocean. Although this is clearly meant to counter Indian influence in the region, there is no CCP foreign policy document that explicitly states this. Only someone incredibly naive and uninformed in geopolitics would say otherwise.

:blah::blah::blah:

Again, don't waste my time. Show me evidence for your claim that the US government is promoting hostilities between India and China.

You are the one who initiated the conservation by responding to my post.

I gave you clear examples of the US indirectly promoting hostilites between India and China.

If you cannot refute my claims, then stop wasting MY time with your trollish nonsense.

We merely went double betwen 1947 and 2010 while india has quadriplled. Also on average I have seen Indian familes have 4-5 kids. Especially those from North and hydrabad! looks like they compete for number of kids..or my woman is stronger than yours! :rofl: (intended as humor)

The population of West Pakistan (remember, your country got cut in half, so the total population "declined" considerably in 1971) in 1951 was 34 million. Now it is around 180 million. That is an increase of six times.

In comparison, India's population in 1951 was 361 million, compared to about 1.1 billion today. That is an increase of about three times.

In addition, Pakistan's population growth rate as of 2008 was 2.1%, while India's growth rate was 1.3%.

Do not lecture India on population growth and sustainability, when your own country has historically been far more irresponsible.

And if your going to troll, at least use accurate facts... :disagree:

these point have some validity however the flip side of the coin can be said for india, an exploding population is not a good thing and present its own very serious challenges on the same scale as "getting old before getting rich" everything from how to feed everyone and providing jobs...the basic necessities of life. that is the whole reason the one child policy is even in place because even as recently as 20 years ago china had to ration its food and other supplies. and as some have said one child policy can be removed easily enough the debate is already starting on whether to keep it. on the other side can india put a one child policy in place before exploding population brings disaster?

and as to the "entrepreneurial culture" what is wrong with having the government jump start the economy and then having the private companies follow? given what we know so far china is doing just fine, it grows faster than india(given the government red carpet for foreign investors) and is now hosting many large private companies who have benefited from this influx of investments

the so called climate/environment crisis is actually resource crisis and the root cause is population crisis. i don't understand why some people want to hype the demograhic issue as a key reason why who will top who in future. yes ageing is a big issue many developed countries are facing currently and is becoming a problem even for a developing country like china too. however, though i'm not an economist but i think getting poorer before getting old is worse than getting old before get rich.

My point is not to say that China has not done a commendable job in providing a better life to its citizen, actually it did; however there is a lot be done to be called a developed nation. I take GDP per capita as a measure of quality of life. China with a paltry GDP per capita of 3744 dollars is way behind US’s GDP per capita of dollars 45,934;however, China’s GDP per capita is better as compared to India’s GDP per capita of 1,134

As regarding the problem China faces as many problems as India does if not more. There is Tibet, Xingang, Taiwan, disputes with India, Japan and Russia, income inequalities, human right violations, and corruption.

There is nothing wrong with Government controlling; however, I feel entrepreneurial culture is what catalyzes innovation and innovation is measure of better potential and survivability.

the so called climate/environment crisis is actually resource crisis and the root cause is population crisis. i don't understand why some people want to hype the demograhic issue as a key reason why who will top who in future. yes ageing is a big issue many developed countries are facing currently and is becoming a problem even for a developing country like china too. however, though i'm not an economist but i think getting poorer before getting old is worse than getting old before get rich.

With GDP per capita of 3744 dollars, I hope you would not call China rich. But, there is a difference between China and developed countries. Most developed countries have an up ward of dollar 30000 as their per capita GDP before they are old. This is not the case for China. There is a lot of distance to be covered

Are you really such a shameless liar?

The population of West Pakistan (remember, your country got cut in half, so the total population "declined" considerably in 1971) in 1951 was 34 million. Now it is around 180 million. That is an increase of six times.

In comparison, India's population in 1951 was 361 million, compared to about 1.1 billion today. That is an increase of about three times.

In addition, Pakistan's population growth rate as of 2008 was 2.1%, while India's growth rate was 1.3%.

Add to the above, India's higher literacy rate and higher growth of literacy rate, which will cause further reduction in population growth in the coming years. All the trends say that Indian population growth rate is reducing while Pakistan's is uncontrollably exploding. Watch out before you make such statements.

And regarding your earlier nonsense comment, I hope you are aware what Pakistanis are most famous for (nowadays maybe the only thing)? I don't want to explicitly remind you, but you know what I mean. Don't even dare talk about quality of India and Indian stuff. Pakistan is close to taking the title of most dangerous country in Asia, which was long held by North Korea, and you have the gall to talk about India being a risk?

Back
Top Bottom