What's new

India will top China: Howard

Thanks for the offer buddy. :cheers:

But we can always relax the one-child policy if needed, or even remove it completely, if it becomes necessary.

Such demographic changes take decades to come into effect, there is plenty of time to modify any relevant policies.

Yes, I agree with you…however, building an economy is a continuous process…I sincerely feel it is time China should relax the one-child policy.

Yes, I agree with you…however, building an economy is a continuous process…I sincerely feel it is time China should relax the one-child policy.

You're right, I think it will happen in the next few years at least. :tup: It's a big topic right now.

Regardless, I think that China and India will both be at the top in a few decades time. Whether number 1 or number 2 isn't a big deal, as long as our people are doing well for themselves.

This is news to me, can you point me to a US foreign policy document that validates your assertion? On the other hand, lets save some time and conclude you 'let one rip' hoping no one would notice.

Do you think foreign policy is something that is presented in "documents"? It is a widely known and accepted fact that the US supported the Afghan Mujahideen during the Soviet War in Afghanistan. Did the US ever write a document that said "We are going to support terrorists for the purpose of screwing the Soviets"?

Let's be realistic here and use some common sense. Everything the US has done/is doing in the past 10 years, whether it be civil nuclear deals, tantalizing arms offers, or public advocacy of India as an "emerging superpower", are clearly meant to wean India into the US camp. This is called "diplomacy", and I admit that the Americans can be excellent diplomats when they want to be.

The US's wooing of India has been accompanied, however, by increased fear-mongering of a future Sino-Indian conflict. Much of this fear-mongering is perpetuated by the US and US-based sources. Both Time and Economist, two prominent current affairs magazines, published China vs. India cover stories in the past two months. The US National Intelligence Council (NIC) publicy declared India to be the "third most powerful country" (whatever that means) and predicted that India would overtake China in the future. The New York Times published a significant blurb a few months ago about the Chinese intrusion into north Kashmir, in Gilgit-Baltistan, which went virtually unnoticed in Indian media.

The purpose of all this ego-stroking and fear-mongering is quite obvious. As Chinese influence greatly increases in Asia and US influence diminishes, the US wishes to aquire India as its pawn against China, just as it used Pakistan as its pawn against the USSR in the 80s.

If you do not agree with me then provide logical refutations of my claims.

FORMER prime minister John Howard has predicted China's one-child policy and its political philosophy will allow India to supersede it as the dominant nation in Asia before the end of the 21st century.

Plenty of time to go guys. Why just Asia, we could be the dominant nation in whole World:D

PS: I hate this kind of articles. It's alright to talk about where we would be in 10 years time. But 90 years.... what a waste of time.

The one child policy will be crucial for China.

A bigger population may increase the economic might, but it severely undermines the environment, food supply, education, and most importantly, PER CAPITA quality of life, which, in my opinion, is way more important than the country as a whole.

The world will be a much better place with less people. China is doing its part to reverse Mao's idiotic, peasant mentality policy. We will continue down this road even if it means that the younger generation will have to shoulder more responsibility. The continued improvement of technology will help to ease the burden.

Do you think foreign policy is something that is presented in "documents"? It is a widely known and accepted fact that the US supported the Afghan Mujahideen during the Soviet War in Afghanistan. Did the US ever write a document that said "We are going to support terrorists for the purpose of screwing the Soviets"?

Let's be realistic here and use some common sense. Everything the US has done/is doing in the past 10 years, whether it be civil nuclear deals, tantalizing arms offers, or public advocacy of India as an "emerging superpower", are clearly meant to wean India into the US camp. This is called "diplomacy", and I admit that the Americans can be excellent diplomats when they want to be.

The US's wooing of India has been accompanied, however, by increased fear-mongering of a future Sino-Indian conflict. Much of this fear-mongering is perpetuated by the US and US-based sources. Both Time and Economist, two prominent current affairs magazines, published China vs. India cover stories in the past two months. The US National Intelligence Council (NIC) publicy declared India to be the "third most powerful country" (whatever that means) and predicted that India would overtake China in the future. The New York Times published a significant blurb a few months ago about the Chinese intrusion into north Kashmir, in Gilgit-Baltistan, which went virtually unnoticed in Indian media.

The purpose of all this ego-stroking and fear-mongering is quite obvious. As Chinese influence greatly increases in Asia and US influence diminishes, the US wishes to aquire India as its pawn against China, just as it used Pakistan as its pawn against the USSR in the 80s.

This is why in China's military doctrine, the U.S was, is and will forever be the number one threat, not just to China, but to the world as a whole.

The one child policy will be crucial for China.

A bigger population may increase the economic might, but it severely undermines the environment, food supply, education, and most importantly, PER CAPITA quality of life, which, in my opinion, is way more important than the country as a whole.

The world will be a much better place with less people. China is doing its part to reverse Mao's idiotic, peasant mentality policy. We will continue down this road even if it means that the younger generation will have to shoulder more responsibility. The continued improvement of technology will help to ease the burden.

The topic under discussion is not bigger population versus smaller one, but younger demographics versus older demographics

China may b out of the demographic window,but that does not mean China will b wiped out from the world map

One child policy was more beneficial than some of the people calling it disastrous.

Otherwise China have to carry the additional burden of 500 million people more,and know look at them after the implementation of one child policy,better per capita,better HDI,better standard of living,better job prospectus.

Some people raise issue about shortage of manpower for China,but in the future as China start to grow more and more,it will b slowly converted into a global village just like U.S,U.K or Germany and u have many people around the world of different nationality ready to work under the shadow of Chinese flag

This is just a guys view... And this is not going to impact the reality... Lot of people gave there views so far .. did something happend? Lets wait for 2012 dooms day many people's view which will get debunked soon..

Sino-Indian relations are the single most decisive factor in determining the course of this century.

There are only two countries who wish for India and China to be enemies: the USA and Pakistan.

All Indians should ignore the provocations coming from these two countries and continue to strive towards greater cooperation.

No, it's not so. It's the other way round i.e. the U.S and India are jealous of sino-pak relations that's why they badly want some tension between the two friends for the obvious reason. This makes more sense.

BTW, Pakistan isn't keeping India from buttering up the Chinese. Go try your luck.
Jab miyan bivi raazi to kya karay ga qaazi?:cheers:

My thanks to 'chinese dragon'.:bunny:

Well, really - how can we predict what will happen 90 years down the line?! Saying something about things 5 years, 7 years, even 10 years down the line is reasonable, but when we speak of nearly a century from now, we are entering the realm of astrology and fortune telling!

Yes it was - have you heard of the Reagan Doctrine.
Reagan Doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:blah::blah::blah:

Again, don't waste my time. Show me evidence for your claim that the US government is promoting hostilities between India and China.

Why is it always the Australians that make racist remarks and racist actions?

Have i missed something , but what is racist about this?does john howard saying that india will overtake china count as racism if its from australians now days?

maybe its you with the racist agenda

anyway i think chinas birth control is a good thing , stops overpopulation.

China will have to revive the one child policy because the no of young people are less than the old which will a major factor in the country's economy
its is said that India will be have the workforce more china in the future if china doesnt remove the one child policy

You're right, I think it will happen in the next few years at least. :tup: It's a big topic right now.

Regardless, I think that China and India will both be at the top in a few decades time. Whether number 1 or number 2 isn't a big deal, as long as our people are doing well for themselves.

ya thats true the most important is growing not seeing who is 1 or 2 and it will happen when china and India work together
one more thing if Pakistan changes its way(showing more importance on developing economy than military) then the trio (India-china-Pakistan) can change the face of Asia

Back
Top Bottom