What's new

India will never hurt Sri Lanka’s interests - Indian HC

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Stressing that India was pleased with Sri Lanka’s progress in the aftermath of 2009, Indian High Commissioner Ashok K. Kantha said the vote in Geneva should not be treated as a vote against the country.

The High Commissioner who took up the posting in Sri Lanka no sooner LTTE terrorism was eradicated in the country, in an exclusive interview with the Sunday Observer said,

“India will never do anything which will hurt Sri Lanka’s interests,” adding
‘The vote in Geneva was not a vote against Sri Lanka’.

The High Commissioner said his three-and-a-half year tenure was one that saw heightened interactions between the two neighbours and President Mahinda Rajapaksa made four fruitful visits to India during this period and the exposition of the sacred Kapilavastu relics in Sri Lanka was the zenith of these interactions.

When asked why India isolated Sri Lanka in Geneva last March when a US sponsored resolution was taken up, he said, “We see progress and that gives us confidence. The big picture of our relationship is very positive. There are occasional differences. We may have different perspectives on some issues.”

Speaking on a political settlement, “We always recognise that these are domestic processes where people of Sri Lanka, through an internal dialogue arrive at a settlement which is acceptable to them”

The High Commissioner also assured that the Governments of India have stepped up security and it was safe now for Sri Lankan pilgrims to travel to India.

India will never hurt Sri Lanka’s interests - Outgoing Indian HC

It means very little and until India actually does something to support Sri Lanka and stops treating it like a child that should only rely on India, these words should be taken with a grain of salt.

Stressing that India was pleased with Sri Lanka’s progress in the aftermath of 2009, Indian High Commissioner Ashok K. Kantha said the vote in Geneva should not be treated as a vote against the country.

The High Commissioner who took up the posting in Sri Lanka no sooner LTTE terrorism was eradicated in the country, in an exclusive interview with the Sunday Observer said,

“India will never do anything which will hurt Sri Lanka’s interests,” adding
‘The vote in Geneva was not a vote against Sri Lanka’.

The High Commissioner said his three-and-a-half year tenure was one that saw heightened interactions between the two neighbours and President Mahinda Rajapaksa made four fruitful visits to India during this period and the exposition of the sacred Kapilavastu relics in Sri Lanka was the zenith of these interactions.

When asked why India isolated Sri Lanka in Geneva last March when a US sponsored resolution was taken up, he said, “We see progress and that gives us confidence. The big picture of our relationship is very positive. There are occasional differences. We may have different perspectives on some issues.”

Speaking on a political settlement, “We always recognise that these are domestic processes where people of Sri Lanka, through an internal dialogue arrive at a settlement which is acceptable to them”

The High Commissioner also assured that the Governments of India have stepped up security and it was safe now for Sri Lankan pilgrims to travel to India.

India will never hurt Sri Lanka’s interests - Outgoing Indian HC

India's decision to vote against SL is totally political & doesn't have any connection with our foreign policy.

Indian govt. would have collapsed if it had voted for SL at UN sessions | Opinion

Lets face the truth Indians as a nation is racists to its neighbors, the north west hate Pakistanis, the north abuse Nepalis, East discriminate bangalis (yes we know what you call Bangladeshi people in India) and the South actually abhors the Siri-lankans. Now with the recent survey its even official that India is the most racist country in this world. :pop:

yes we need to face truth but you need to understand lot of things you don't know

1) its not only north west but whole India hate the trash named Pakistan for obvious reasons.

2) How can we be racist with Bangladeshis west Bengal and Bangladesh is from same race.This is called cultural difference not racism.

3) millions of Nepalis are living in India if we are racist then why are they coming to India.Nepal have different accent so we find it little different that not implies Indians hates them.\

If we being racist with any of our neighbor then we would be being racist with Indians itself. racism against bangladesh---->racism against west bengal. racism against srilanka----> racism against south Indians, racism aginst Nepal---> racism against north east

racism against Pakistan ha ha ha------that is not racism that is pure hate from deep of our hearts

Lets face the truth Indians as a nation is racists to its neighbors, the north west hate Pakistanis, the north abuse Nepalis, East discriminate bangalis (yes we know what you call Bangladeshi people in India) and the South actually abhors the Siri-lankans. Now with the recent survey its even official that India is the most racist country in this world. :pop:

Hey Dumb Dumb is this what education system teaches you in Pakistan.

Apart from Arabs in Pakistan the rest of South Asia is racially homogenous (except some small parts) which means they belong to the same race.

So if Indians are racists then they only towards you and your Arab brothers.

You named my country trash, I was not expecting any rational discussion from Indians anyways. I think you are right in that way, India is so big a nation that it cannot live in peace with themselves. Now do not tell me the North Indians don't discriminate the South just because of the color. As we are on the topic of color don't you think you are a racist country when you bring Nepali girls in Indian brothels. Source

How Indians mock dark skinned colored their owns and foreign nationals. Surely it isn't racist. Source

and how you changed the name of Bombay due to insecurity of a single race, isn't it anti-nationalist. You are bunch of divided groups living together hating each other, that is what the survey also told how Indians cannot live with a different race neighbor which make you guys the most racist country in the world. Source

Do you want to know what UNESCO call Indians treatment to Dalits a "hidden apartheid", yes you are definitely not a racist country.

One might say what does "chinky" means, but I am sure if you are a North or North East Indian you would definitely know what I am talking about.

India your racism free country.

1) that is human trafficking buddy not racism

2) tell me one person who got hurt in India due to his dark coloured skin please give me any report(as you have so many sources).

3)south Indian and north iNDIAn have different life styles so this is difficulty of adjustment not racial discrimination no one reject a south Indian in North only due to his/her colour or vice versa you can to do more enquirer about it.

3) Dalit Discrimination is not racial discrimination its caste discrimination and i admit this is taboo in india.

4) here i will agree to you NE get different treatment in other pparts but this discrimination in on sharp fall and u will find it removed completely.

5) India is vast country with different cultural background everyone love his/her region but this doen't mean they have hate about each other.

6)and one more thing go through history books(not Pakistani some authenticate) and try to find out why balochs are fighting,why Bangladesh become free country YOU WILL KNOW what is racism dumba$$

My best friend is Sri Lankan, my ex-girlfriend is Sri Lankan. What hate?

we did not knew it. thank you for showing us what we are.

Back
Top Bottom