What's new

India will have 'super-supercomputer' by 2017

And there are some who think they can be at par with us, even without a talented scientific community, a crashing economy and a state policy of terrorism.

May be or may be not, i heard there're a lot of super secret programs going on in India, perhaps this "Superpower Computer" is one of it, might caught us by surprise anytime:dirol:
Last time i heard, DRDO has been working on "Star War" weapons dated back to "2010" so i don't think we should underestimate Indian's capabilities at all, check out the below, "SCARY" and "FEARSOME" if you ask me:close_tema:
a6MTFw.jpg

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...e-weapons/articleshow/6248942.cms?referral=PM

Indian star wars tech is as advanced as Hollywood can imaging them...:rofl:

I think C-DAC didnt get any new funds for over a decade hampering its research. And currently China is ahead of India in super computing capability. Its time to design our own chips and processors for the next level...

Hopefully you're not taking my post seriously as a compliment for......:suicide:

I know your post wasn't serious, but Indians take these announcements of fantasy projects seriously. They simply can't see them for what they truly are: a bunch of bullshit.

I think C-DAC didnt get any new funds for over a decade hampering its research. And currently China is ahead of India in super computing capability. Its time to design our own chips and processors for the next level...

We have systems in place catering to our superfomputing needs, if the country would need a faster supercomputer cdac will build one.

What is indigenous in these super computers besides those metal coffins and maybe wires too. Are the processors designed and built in india?

I know your post wasn't serious, but Indians take these announcements of fantasy projects seriously. They simply can't see them for what they truly are: a bunch of bullshit.

Yes. The sad thing is that they can't even imaging this bull crap themselves. They rely on Hollywood fantasy writers to created something. Indian Hindu nationalist claims these Hollywood fantasy tech as a Vedic tech, and Indians bragging that it's ancient tech is much more advanced than current high tech. If Hollywood never created Star Trek, ancient Indians would never had any interplanetary travel with the warp drive. :rofl:

Such is the state of delusion while at the same time, devoid of imagination.

Last edited:
What is indigenous in these super computers besides those metal coffins and maybe wires too. Are the processors designed and built in india?
No, processors are designed, probably by Intel from the rare earth metal imported from China, designed by an Indian engineer. :enjoy: Made in some plant in Israel or USA.
Where does you people come in picture?:undecided:
Yeah, keyboard warriors making trolls about it and being proud of China's development in the same field.

Why are you mad bro? my question was with reference to the term "borrowed tech" used in the article. Point being if you don't make it then it is borrowed or bought tech, assembly is assembly. Period.

For the highlighted, computer processors were designed when Indians didn't even know what a computer was? what's happening now is an improvement of the design due to new research in materials and technology. Working in Intel's cafeteria does not count as "designing processors".

Most Indian engineers after cheating through their exams, spend their time praying "monkey god" for US visa, I can understand how capable they are to design processors.

No, processors are designed, probably by Intel from the rare earth metal imported from China, designed by an Indian engineer. :enjoy: Made in some plant in Israel or USA.
Where does you people come in picture?:undecided:
Yeah, keyboard warriors making trolls about it and being proud of China's development in the same field.

Why are you mad bro? my question was with reference to the term "borrowed tech" used in the article. Point being if you don't make it then it is borrowed or bought tech, assembly is assembly. Period.

For the highlighted, computer processors were designed when Indians didn't even know what a computer was?
what's happening now is an improvement of the design due to new research in materials and technology. Working in Intel's cafeteria does not count as "designing processors".

Most Indian engineers after cheating through their exams, spend their time praying "monkey god" for US visa, I can understand how capable they are to design processors.

OUCH !!
Exclusive: The ‘Father of Pentium Processor’ Vinod Dham talks about Startups and where India is headed

He invented the first Pentium Processor that made Intel the world's biggest chip-maker. He then invented the AMD K6 , popularly known as the 'Pentium Killer'.

He has the most cracking anecdotes about how Robert Noyce (Co-founder, Intel ) once called him at his desk when he joined Intel as a young engineer, and how he suggested Gordan Moore (Co-founder, Intel) to buy off Knight Ridder to get rid of his newspaper worries.

Dham got his BE degree in Electrical Engineering in India. He later joined a Indian semiconductor manufacturer 'Continental Devices', India's only private silicon semiconductor start-ups at the time. He was part of the early team that put together a facility in Delhi and worked there for four years. It was while he worked at this company that his love for semiconductors bloomed.

@Thorough Pro :D:enjoy:

Dham got his BE degree in Electrical Engineering in India. He later joined a Indian semiconductor manufacturer 'Continental Devices', India's only private silicon semiconductor start-ups at the time. He was part of the early team that put together a facility in Delhi and worked there for four years. It was while he worked at this company that his love for semiconductors bloomed.

@Thorough Pro :D:enjoy:

Who cares about some obsolete Pentium chips? Stay on topic: where is this super-supercomputer?

For the highlighted, computer processors were designed when Indians didn't even know what a computer was? what's happening now is an improvement of the design due to new research in materials and technology. Working in Intel's cafeteria does not count as "designing processors".

I feel your butthurt buddy. But sorry to bust the bubble.
Vinod Dham - Engineer who designed the Intel Pentium Processor also known as Pentium engineer. Working in intel's cafeteria :lol:
Sundar Pichai Now head of Google - Chrome web Browser - Working in Google's Cafeteria
Ajay Bhatt - The guy who co-invent USB. Another intel Engineer. Working in Intel's cafeteria :lol:
Satya Nadella - Who pioneered in Cloud computing and now heads Microsoft.
Last but not least, though not a techie - Working in Microsoft Cafeteria:lol:
Ram Sriram
- A founding board member of Google.
The list of Indian origin Engineers (studied in India) reaches 'NASA's cafeteria' perhaps another day:enjoy:.

Then there are Engineers who are not employable which is quite unfortunate. But, still a lot better than some of our neighbors. :whistle:

Who cares about some obsolete Pentium chips? Stay on topic: where is this super-supercomputer?
Sorry but Pentium laid the foundation for the modern day Chip architecture. I studied two generation of architecture. First a list of processors 80386, 80486 etc.. which are obsolete and then the Pentium (80586) architecture which transformed the processor designs. Your ignorance to call it Obsolete while that Pentium is still comparable to Modern day Qualcomm Snapdragon.

@eldarlmari you know 2017 is not yet over :lol:

I feel your butthurt buddy. But sorry to bust the bubble.
Vinod Dham - Engineer who designed the Intel Pentium Processor also known as Pentium engineer. Working in intel's cafeteria :lol:
Sundar Pichai Now head of Google -
Chrome web Browser - Working in Google's Cafeteria
Ajay Bhatt - T
he guy who co-invent USB. Another intel Engineer. Working in Intel's cafeteria :lol:
Satya Nadella -
Who pioneered in Cloud computing and now heads Microsoft.
Last but not least, though not a techie - Working in Microsoft Cafeteria:lol:
Ram Sriram
- A founding board member of Google.
The list of Indian origin Engineers (studied in India) reaches 'NASA's cafeteria' perhaps another day:enjoy:.

Then there are Engineers who are not employable which is quite unfortunate. But, still a lot better than some of our neighbors. :whistle:

Sorry but Pentium laid the foundation for the modern day Chip architecture. I studied two generation of architecture. First a list of processors 80386, 80486 etc.. which are obsolete and then the Pentium (80586) architecture which transformed the processor designs. Your ignorance to call it Obsolete while that Pentium is still comparable to Modern day Qualcomm Snapdragon.

@eldarlmari you know 2017 is not yet over :lol:

Ok, you seem knowledgeable. Do you know when India will have this super-supercomputer that can perform 132.8 exaflops per second? Any updates?

Back
Top Bottom