What's new

India will have 'super-supercomputer' by 2017

Ok, you seem knowledgeable. Do you know when India will have this super-supercomputer that can perform 132.8 exaflops per second? Any updates?

Nobody has developed a Supercomputer that fast. 132 exaflops is way too fast I must say. The one the OP is saying about is a 10Petaflop S.Computer which will probably revealed in July or August. Be one in top 10.
The one in exaflops is being developed and last known info about it's release is that it will be in late 2019 or early 2020.

Nobody has developed a Supercomputer that fast. 132 exaflops is way too fast I must say. The one the OP is saying about is a 10Petaflop S.Computer which will probably revealed in July or August. Be one in top 10.
The one in exaflops is being developed and last known info about it's release is that it will be in late 2019 or early 2020.

The OP never said anything about a 10 Petaflop supercomputer. The question has always been about the 132.8 exaflop super-supercomputer the original article says will be unveiled this year.

So where is this 132.8 exaflop super-supercomputer? Do you have any updates?

The OP never said anything about a 10 Petaflop supercomputer. The question has always been about the 132.8 exaflop super-supercomputer the original article says will be unveiled this year.

So where is this 132.8 exaflop super-supercomputer? Do you have any updates?
Yeah my bad. From what I read, there is a S.Computer coming this year and it is not a 132.8 exaflops computer rather a 10 pFlops.

Where is that 132.8 exaflop super-supercomputer? Do you know? If you don't know, just say you don't know.
It's in my backyard. :lol: (Partial troll, IISCB is somewhat behind my flat )
That 132.8 exaflop is just a project proposal. It's being studied, found it's too power hungry. That's the last known update of the news. Now you may sleep peacefully.
Like I said, eFlops computer is way too ambitious at this stage. And is virtually impossible.

I feel your butthurt buddy. But sorry to bust the bubble.
Vinod Dham - Engineer who designed the Intel Pentium Processor also known as Pentium engineer. Working in intel's cafeteria :lol:
Sundar Pichai Now head of Google -
Chrome web Browser - Working in Google's Cafeteria
Ajay Bhatt - T
he guy who co-invent USB. Another intel Engineer. Working in Intel's cafeteria :lol:
Satya Nadella -
Who pioneered in Cloud computing and now heads Microsoft.
Last but not least, though not a techie - Working in Microsoft Cafeteria:lol:
Ram Sriram
- A founding board member of Google.
The list of Indian origin Engineers (studied in India) reaches 'NASA's cafeteria' perhaps another day:enjoy:.

Then there are Engineers who are not employable which is quite unfortunate. But, still a lot better than some of our neighbors. :whistle:

Sorry but Pentium laid the foundation for the modern day Chip architecture. I studied two generation of architecture. First a list of processors 80386, 80486 etc.. which are obsolete and then the Pentium (80586) architecture which transformed the processor designs. Your ignorance to call it Obsolete while that Pentium is still comparable to Modern day Qualcomm Snapdragon.

@eldarlmari you know 2017 is not yet over :lol:

going by India's track record of doing things aka the 'Indian Schedule'(something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_time ), the '2017 in the Indian claim of having a 'super-supercomputer is going to be over soon.

It's in my backyard. :lol: (Partial troll, IISCB is somewhat behind my flat )
That 132.8 exaflop is just a project proposal. It's being studied, found it's too power hungry. That's the last known update of the news. Now you may sleep peacefully.
Like I said, eFlops computer is way too ambitious at this stage. And is virtually impossible.
More BS, after all that tall and long winded story about that obsolete Pentium and this guy and that guy.
After all that bragging, THERE IS NOTHING TO SHOW AS EXPECTED.
So much show until sleep time is over.

More BS, after all that tall and long winded story about that obsolete Pentium and this guy and that guy.
After all that bragging, THERE IS NOTHING TO SHOW AS EXPECTED.
So much show until sleep time is over.
Never trust an Indian words. As proven by their tall claim and bragging.

It seems this "Indian 132.8 Exaflops Super-supercomputer by 2017" hoax fools nobody but themselves. The question is: will they ever learn?

It seems this "Indian 132.8 Exaflops Super-supercomputer by 2017" hoax fools nobody but themselves. The question is: will they ever learn?
They never, given the number of excuses and hard defending by die hard supapowa India fans.

Not when you see the following gem from Indian government figures:

Research spending as % of GDP
S Korea: 4.3%
Israel: 4.1%
Japan: 3.5%
US: 2.7%
France: 2.2%
China: 2.1%
Russia: 1.1%
India: 0.85%
Iran: 0.1%

Not when you see the following gem from Indian government figures:

Research spending as % of GDP
S Korea: 4.3%
Israel: 4.1%
Japan: 3.5%
US: 2.7%
France: 2.2%
China: 2.1%
Russia: 1.1%
India: 0.85%
Iran: 0.1%

Is this what India calls 'frugal innovation'?

Back
Top Bottom