What's new

India will develops a new series of SLV

Nope . It's 12 ton and 21 ton respectively to LEO , look it up . Both are operational .

Our close SLV is MK3 which will have 10 tons to LEO .
For Ariane 5ES.,read last two lines and it is under devlopment.....
The Ariane 5 ME (Mid-life Evolution) is currently in development, with first flight planned for 2016–2017. The Ariane 5 ME will use a new upper stage, with increased propellant volume, powered by the Vinci expander cycle engine. Unlike the ECA's HM7B engine, the Vinci engine can restart up to five times, allowing for more complex missions (such as direct GEO insertion). The ME will also include a longer payload fairing and SYLDA dual payload attach fitting to accommodate larger satellites. The Vinci engine, combined with the higher propellant volume, increases payload to 11,200 kg to GTO.

FOr China,it is also under devlopment....
Long March 5 (LM-5, CZ-5, or Changzheng 5) is a Chinese next-generation heavy lift launch system that is currently under development by China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology (CALT). Currently, six CZ-5 vehicle configurations[1] are planned for different missions, with a maximum payload capacity of 25,000 kg to LEO[2] and 14,000 kg to GTO.[3] The Long March 5 is planned to roughly match the capabilities of American EELV sized vehicles such as the Delta IV, Atlas V, and Falcon 9. First flight of the CZ-5 rocket will be no earlier than 2015 from Wenchang Satellite Launch Center on Hainan island

For Ariane 5ES.,read last two lines and it is under devlopment.....

The Ariane 5 ME

FOr China,it is also under devlopment....

Long March 5

You are quoting the specifications of Long March 5 and Ariane 5-ME which are in development and not operational .

What I quoted is Long March 3B and Ariane 5-ES which are the highest capacity lift vehicles currently operational of both China and France .

Last edited:
We co-developed the Vikas Viking engine with the French in the past .

Although I don't know how much the news is true ,

Ukraine and India will continue working on a joint project Jasmine, which involves the development of rocket engine for Indian rocket carriers, reports press service of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. This was highlighted during the meeting between the Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine Alexander Pinsky and the chairman of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan on March 19-22, 2013, in India.

Ukraine Develops Engine for Indian Rocket Carriers | Economy / Business | Worldwide News Ukraine
Lol

Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan? Or K Radhakrishnan...

Obviously it escapes you that in 2014 you don't launch a rocket that has 1992 tech.

With space launch vehicles the only real criteria to judge performance is payload capacity.

China should have a rocket ready to carry men to the moon(if they choose) to by next decade, then does that mean that it is more "advanced" than the Saturn 5 that would have taken men to the moon 50 years ago? Of course not as all that rockets do is carry payload to space. It makes no difference when the rocket was built.

Don't get me wrong, I wish India every success with the launch tomorrow and if that is successful then India could easily jump to more powerful rockets that can take men to space and even the moon within 10-15 years if they so desired.

If India has a successful launch tomorrow then it indeed would have entered an elite club with the US, EU. Russia, China and Japan.

With space launch vehicles the only real criteria to judge performance is payload capacity.

China should have a rocket ready to carry men to the moon(if they choose) to by next decade, then does that mean that it is more "advanced" than the Saturn 5 that would have taken men to the moon 50 years ago? Of course not as all that rockets do is carry payload to space. It makes no difference when the rocket was built.

Don't get me wrong, I wish India every success with the launch tomorrow and if that is successful then India could easily jump to more powerful rockets that can take men to space and even the moon within 10-15 years if they so desired.

If India has a successful launch tomorrow then it indeed would have entered an elite club with the US, EU. Russia, China and Japan.

Says who? Do you eve know how this works? Did you compare the config of the GSLV 3 with that of the early Chinese rockets? Saturn 5 but emotional value will under no circumstances be used by the USA today because they need an efficient system by todays standards. In space business the only thing that metters is the cost per KG of payload launched. So you need to work with latest and most efficient tech at all times.

India can surely catch up with fast pace but some useless country like yours are burden for human kind.

Mate, calm down.:lol:

I was correcting a poster who thought India was in the same league as China and the EU. India's problem with trying to catch up would be lack of funds. The Chinese, for example, would have many times the funds and so India would struggle to develop the range of vehicles that China could. Both the US and Russia got to where they are by sinking huge treasure. This is something that India does not have.

Anyway, I wish India all the best tomorrow and since you bring up my "useless" country, well it has better life expectancy and lower malnutrition than India. The average person has a better life in BD than in India and that is a fact.

Says who? Do you eve know how this works? Did you compare the config of the GSLV 3 with that of the early Chinese rockets? Saturn 5 but emotional value will under no circumstances be used by the USA today because they need an efficient system by todays standards. In space business the only thing that metters is the cost per KG of payload launched. So you need to work with latest and most efficient tech at all times.

And do you know the cost per kg between China and India?

Even if it is cheaper, that is irrelevant as the capability to launch certain payloads is the most important thing.

Going by your logic, China was not 42 years behind the USSR when it launched a man into space.

Seriously, some of you Indians are so touchy at times!

I was correcting a poster who thought India was in the same league as China and the EU. India's problem with trying to catch up would be lack of funds. The Chinese, for example, would have many times the funds and so India would struggle to develop the range of vehicles that China could. Both the US and Russia got to where they are by sinking huge treasure. This is something that India does not have.

Anyway, I wish India all the best tomorrow and since you bring up my "useless" country, well it has better life expectancy and lower malnutrition than India. The average person has a better life in BD than in India and that is a fact.

And do you know the cost per kg between China and India?

Even if it is cheaper, that is irrelevant as the capability to launch certain payloads is the most important thing.

Going by your logic, China was not 42 years behind the USSR when it launched a man into space.

Seriously, some of you Indians are so touchy at times!

You're comparing a 1992 rocket with a 2014 one. You know nothing about this and advocate that the US build Saturn 5s to go back to the moon. And we're the kooky ones here?

You're comparing a 1992 rocket with a 2014 one. You know nothing about this and advocate that the US build Saturn 5s to go back to the moon. And we're the kooky ones here?

Really, you Indians get overly emotional at factual comments.

I am really not bothering anymore.

Believe what you want that India is up there with China and the EU for all I care in rocket technology.

Believe what you want that India is up there with China and the EU for all I care in rocket technology.

Your amateurish comments deserve only contempt.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread...don't let the door hit you on the way out.

hmmm....I'm sorry that you are misinformed but you might wanna check the budget of both ISRO and CNSA they are not that far apart as you prematurely evaluated all over the place.

As for "average person has a better life in BD than in India and that is a fact" go check up the
Human Development Index of Bdesh and India; India ranks better whereas Bdesh belongs in the low development group far below India.

Back
Top Bottom