What's new

India welcomes Chinese investments in infrastructure sector

Investments - absolutely no way
only contractual or trade deals can be considered like other businesses we are doing all over the world!

Cheerleaders.

indians

It seems Chinese want to like their former colonial master Imperial Japan. :wacko:

No Dogs, But Also No Japanese, Filipinos, Or Vietnamese Allowed? [UPDATE] | Beijing Cream

cheerleaders' coloinial masters

http://www.pkp.in/images/a/Old%20Photographs%20from%20Indian%20History%20%281%29.jpg

http://alethonews.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/famine.jpg

So, you love cheerleading for your liberator Britain from your colonial master Japan. But in return thankless Chinese hate their liberators Britain, American and the fellow Communist USSR. :wacko:

Investments - absolutely no way
only contractual or trade deals can be considered like other businesses we are doing all over the world!

indians

http://www.pkp.in/images/a/Old%20Photographs%20from%20Indian%20History%20%281%29.jpg

http://alethonews.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/famine.jpg

You are taking as if you are the Chinese government :lol:. Calm down. Investments goes where there are superior returns. Money doesn't have any allegiance

China’s direct investment in India has increased seventeen fold from 2006 to 2011.

China’s direct investment in India has increased seventeen fold from 2006 to 2011 | The BRICS Post

Its about investments,not aides or loans. Pure business.

investment? - at a time when poor indian economy desperately needs it for a jump start. it is just like aid

well if the offer of return is okay then we may consider and if and only if there is a return at all in an ever dropping rupees in the long run

You are taking as if you are the Chinese government :lol:. Calm down. Investments goes where there are superior returns. Money doesn't have any allegiance

China’s direct investment in India has increased seventeen fold from 2006 to 2011.

China’s direct investment in India has increased seventeen fold from 2006 to 2011 | The BRICS Post

keep the change for the most ungrateful "China Killers"!

investment? - at a time when poor indian economy desperately needs it for a jump start. it is just like aid

well if the offer of return is okay then we may consider and if and only if there is a return at all in an ever dropping rupees in the long run

If I remember, you government was more keen in having a road connectivity with India and we refused it. :wacko:

Personally I feel that PPP will only work well for infra projects which are quick to be implement/built with quick returns (as mentioned Fiber Optic etc) and low maintainence, the pipeline example you mentioned is a good example of one, quick installation and high returns (low oil extraction price vs market price). Of course the danger factor in such has to be acknowledged.

Larger and lower return PPP projects are going to be the challenging ones which I believe India is going to struggle to find investors for. Also though India is stable as a nation, the political arena is quite messy and political have used foreign investments against investors to win votes (i.e Enron's Dabhol power plant - but they F*cked many people over it so they had it coming) and such risk also pushed up a demand for higher ROI

In short unless India can come up with a formula to balance out heavy infra low ROI vs risk involved finding any external investors (outside of India) is gonna be one uphill battle. That said reviews on the internet gives a mix bag on the current progress so only time can tell I suppose.

Here some interesting not sure how relevant they may be in this
Road projects not to be developed in PPP mode: NHAI - Moneycontrol.com
http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/Accelerating_PPP_in_India/$FILE/Accelerating%20PPP%20in%20India%20-%20FINAL(Secured).pdf

Here some indicators of India's success in the PPS market
Road Projects - Private Infrastructure Projects - The World Bank & PPIAF

Actually the techniques and risk allocation methods of project finance have really worked well. Forget India, Investors have got good returns even in war raged countries through PPP.

Chad - Cameroon Pipeline project is one. You will find hundreds of such risky projects being financed through PPP.

Chad–Cameroon Petroleum Development and Pipeline Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PPP is designed to be used to finance very high risk projects. In fact 20% of world's investments are through PPP.

China perhaps is the only large economy that doesn't use PPP, as everything in China is owned by the government hence enjoy considerable cushion. In countries such as India where more than 80% of the country's wealth is owned by private parties, India doesn't enjoy that cushion hence resort to PPP.

Personally I feel that PPP will only work well for infra projects which are quick to be implement/built with quick returns (as mentioned Fiber Optic etc) and low maintainence, the pipeline example you mentioned is a good example of one, quick installation and high returns (low oil extraction price vs market price). Of course the danger factor in such has to be acknowledged.

Larger and lower return PPP projects are going to be the challenging ones which I believe India is going to struggle to find investors for. Also though India is stable as a nation, the political arena is quite messy and political have used foreign investments against investors to win votes (i.e Enron's Dabhol power plant - but they F*cked many people over it so they had it coming) and such risk also pushed up a demand for higher ROI

In short unless India can come up with a formula to balance out heavy infra low ROI vs risk involved finding any external investors (outside of India) is gonna be one uphill battle. That said reviews on the internet gives a mix bag on the current progress so only time can tell I suppose.

Here some interesting not sure how relevant they may be in this
Road projects not to be developed in PPP mode: NHAI - Moneycontrol.com
http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/Accelerating_PPP_in_India/$FILE/Accelerating%20PPP%20in%20India%20-%20FINAL(Secured).pdf

Here some indicators of India's success in the PPS market
Road Projects - Private Infrastructure Projects - The World Bank & PPIAF

Most Project finance transactions are highly time consuming and very costly to arrange. I would not use this technique if the project can be quickly implemented and has quick returns. Project finance involves substantial share of my return going to lenders in lieu of sharing risk. I would use Project finance when I alone cannot bear the risk, involve substantial capital investments and has extensive credit backing. For ex: In case of Chad-Cameroon, the negotiations started almost 10 years before forming the financial vehicle, and had the backing of World Bank.

As with all investments, project finance transaction have their share of failure. As you mentioned Dhabol is one, and there are more. If done prudently PPP can provide returns in the range of 20%-30%. Dhabol was done haphazardly. And do you know India is one of the largest PPP markets in the World with highest growth rate, and SBI Mutual, an Indian investment bank, is world second largest lender to PPP financing?

So, you love cheerleading for your liberator Britain from your colonial master Japan. But in return thankless Chinese hate their liberators Britain, American and the fellow Communist USSR. :wacko:

Retarded troll, Japan invaded but did not colonize China, like how Britain colonized the subcontinent and made you slaves. Britain had no part in fighting Japanese in China, We fought the Japanese ourselves. You had no country, you were the slaves army of the Queen of England. Remember that and be grateful, without your British master, there is no modern India.

Have not seen anything to suggest that relationship would improve. Did Modi and his party make any stance regarding china?

They have not taken a stance but as i know BJP is very strong in giving a strong stance when it comes to national issues.

They have not taken a stance but as i know BJP is very strong in giving a strong stance when it comes to national issues.

Then Congress better win the election, otherwise the border dispute will escalate further. Be prepared for war.

good news for corrupted indian officials, this means more money for their Swiss accounts
the Chinese companies should invest there when their rupee drops at the bottom (gods know when)``

Back
Top Bottom